TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rocky Mountain to build a new track manufacturing facility

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Good catch! That's exciting to hear.

To be a game changer, I'd look a little further than "inverted woodie". That always sounded like a stupid idea and would be a short lived gimmick as a product. A launched woodie would be OK though, and we all know it's a matter of time until they build one.

Perhaps they'll develop 4-across seating on a "wooden" coaster. That could really make a financially intriguing product with high PPH + cheaper wooden construction for the supports. There's also tricks like drop tracks, switch backs, and shuttle options.

Or maybe they'll develop something truly new and not just a first for wooden coasters?

Alan is just such an awesome guy, he's the person that everyone likes! I just can't wait to see what the 3-4 ideas he wanted to do before retirement is!

(I also wonder how he looks without a hat)

Edited by Jew

He seems like a great guy to talk to, and also seems to be a big coaster fanatic...not just an engineer behind a desk. It will be great to see what else he brings to the table in the future.

^BTW...Always wondered why he always wore a hat. He is probably bald, or close to it, under the hat...it happens to a lot of us eventually.

Too many bright ideas are stored in his mind, if he doesn't wear a hat, his brightness would make him shine like the sun. (What am I saying?)

Hope he doesn't throw all his great ideas too fast, that way he can surprise the world for a long long time.

Fixed.

I really am excited about these two new products coming out in 2016. I wonder if Six Flags is planning on using these upcoming products in any of their future RMC's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have there been any discussions for coasters in the uk or europe, other than Kolmarden? (We're dying for some RMC awesomeness in the uk)

Like · Reply · 1 hr · Edited

Rocky Mountain Construction Yes!!!

Unlike · 4 · 51 mins

interesting.........

Have there been any discussions for coasters in the uk or europe, other than Kolmarden? (We're dying for some RMC awesomeness in the uk)

Like · Reply · 1 hr · Edited

Rocky Mountain Construction Yes!!!

Unlike · 4 · 51 mins

interesting.........

There's been a number of interesting posts on the Towers Times forum from a member claiming to have seen plans that Alton Towers is getting a launching topper track wooden coaster from RMC in 2017... Could be very interesting!!

I was hesitant to believe it until I saw how many realistic statistics they have written. It says about 45 mph launch speed with 50 mph top speed. It's also apparently being built on a hillside. Definitely take this report with a grain of salt, but it sure sounds incredible!

I saw the same rumours and really reckon they're just wishful thinking as there was no source or any hard evidece.

I'd love an RMC woodie at alton, maybe even boulder dash style, but do think it's unlikely. I did speculate at a launched woodie for Thorpe Park when they announced their angry birds land as that would seem like a good theme.

What I'd really like is for them to put iron horse track on the Blackpool big one and give it a full reprofiling. if they can do it to wood they can do it to steel...