TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rocky Mountain to build a new track manufacturing facility

Not sure if this is worth a thread of it's own, but everyone on here loves this company, so here goes!

We are also building another brand new track manufacturing facility and paint shop that will be about twice the size of the shop we built just two years ago! Exciting stuff happening at RMC!

A facility twice as big as the current one will probably be able to produce three times as much as the current one. And maybe they will also keep the one they already have. Whatever they chose the capacity will increase very greatly!

Source

Edited by _koppen

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds awesome, every major park in the U.S. probably wants an RMC and now they can make it happen!!

I just hope quality doesn't suffer in the process of expanding, sometimes less attention is paid to detail in cases like this

That sounds awesome, every major park in the U.S. probably wants an RMC and now they can make it happen!!

I just hope quality doesn't suffer in the process of expanding, sometimes less attention is paid to detail in cases like this

Ya, I'm all up for more RMCs, as long as they don't go all modern B&M on us!

The RMC burnout is upon us..
I don't think anyone will get burned out on RMC coasters anytime soon. Each one they build is amazing, and unique in it's on way. They are all cutting edge, and doing things that have never been done on a wooden coaster before. They are taking old, dated, un-enjoyable rides and making them new high tech thrilling rides you want to ride again and again. . . I personally do not see a RMC Burnout coming anytime soon. If ever.

Didn't they just double the size of their original facility like two years ago? I can't tell if this is due to exponential growth or bad planning, lol.

I'm glad RMC is doing what they're doing for the industry and cementing their foothold in the wooden coaster world. They deserve much more business.

^ somehow I think Chance is like the steel coaster department of RMC

RMC expanding their business is definitely great, but I really am wondering how many more new elements can be invented until RMC starts to use their "experience" like B&M do. Surely RMC won't necessarily become cookie cutters but when things get too common and alike, it somehow loses the special feeling. Getting three or four new RMC's is probably not all good (but definitely great for RMC)

Stop bagging on B&M you followers. I guess Levi and Banshee suck to you.

The beautiful thing about opinions is that everyone is entitled to one. Lets not turn this thread into a B&M debate.

In my opinion, being compared to B&M is a great thing for RMC. They were the undisputed kings of the coaster world for a long time before other manufacturers were able to catch up (hence the reason many feel their later coasters are weaker---other manufacturers pushed the limits while they didn't). They can also still be counted on to provide a guaranteed crowd pleaser that is easy to maintain.

I'd love for nothing more than RMC to be the next B&M---I don't care if there isn't anything unique if the rides they keep churning out kick ass!

I've thought about my low interest in B&M coasters, and I think it has more to do with the park than the supplier. B&M will pretty much build what the park wants. If they want tunnels, trenches, a pre-lift section, track over-and-under existing attractions/walkways, then B&M will build that (maybe even a launched lift!). All you have to do is look at the European B&M rides that have been built. If the park wants a 6 gigantic loops in a dirt field with no bells/whistles, they can get that.

Those rides are HUGE investments, but the US parks seem to settle with "just enough" to get people interested. Whereas the European parks are interested in above and beyond world-class designs. Rides that will still be cool in 20 or 30 years.

RMC have taken designs to the next level; the best and wildest of both wood and steel coasters. But it's a similar situation to B&M; if parks want RMC to design a spectacular but very short ride ending with a TON of potential energy being wasted in a super high/steep brake run, the company will build that.

Why not wait an extra year (or 3!?) and build a full, world-class ride with tons of available capacity, and all the "extras" (uniqueness, soul...)? When I argue that point with a fellow coaster nerd, he always says "because they don't have to." Good point, but it still stinks.

Stop bagging on B&M you followers. I guess Levi and Banshee suck to you.

The beautiful thing about opinions is that everyone is entitled to one. Lets not turn this thread into a B&M debate.

In my opinion, being compared to B&M is a great thing for RMC. They were the undisputed kings of the coaster world for a long time before other manufacturers were able to catch up (hence the reason many feel their later coasters are weaker---other manufacturers pushed the limits while they didn't). They can also still be counted on to provide a guaranteed crowd pleaser that is easy to maintain.

I'd love for nothing more than RMC to be the next B&M---I don't care if there isn't anything unique if the rides they keep churning out kick A$$!

Totally agree with you there!... When I made my origonal "modern B&M" comment, I was pretty much trying to sum up what you said right here... I don't want RMC to become what B&M has become; coaster gods who got lazy and let the competition overtake them. If anything, I'd want them to be more like Schwarzkopf (hope I spelt that right ), designers who made kick@$$ rides right up until the end, that everyone still loves, and a company that still lives on in Maure Sonnet.

As a side note, I love how other companies like chance & S&S are partnering with designers from RMC... We've already seen the 4d freespij prototype, & of course LR @ KK, & I'm sure more epic new hotness is to come!

As a side note, I love how other companies like chance & S&S are partnering with designers from RMC... We've already seen the 4d freespij prototype, & of course LR @ KK, & I'm sure more epic new hotness is to come!

I think that you're confusing Ride Centerline with Rocky Mountain Construction. Kind of like how a lot of roller coasters have been designed by Stengel Engineering. Sure, the two companies share some of the same people but I'm pretty sure Rocky Mountain provides the track system, train system, support structure and other systems.

Think of it this way - Ride Centerline makes the coasters crazy, and Rocky Mountain Construction (or in Lightning Run's case, Chance) makes sure that they're smooth, safe and that they last.

Usual "I could be wrong, this is based off of prior knowledge and deductive reasoning" disclaimer...