TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

rerides

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from Six Flags America a while ago, and it was early into the morning,my friend and I went on The Joker's Jinx first thing. We came back into the station,and there was hardly anybody waiting in our row,so the ride ops asked if we would like to stay in our seats,and we said yes. So,we rode it again. Take care SES p.s. ALL the coasters were running(including the Typhoon SeaCoaster).

"Reality15" did you get a headache going on Shivering Timbers 39 times in a row, how did you feel when you got off the ride.
Nope. No headache. Got off and thought "damn, the park's closed now?".

Jon "What can I say, I am the Michigan airtime whore" Roost

I got about 5 rerides on Boomerang at SFEG, it was closing time and the only people in the whole park were on Boomerang. (This was when it was snowing)

And on the same day, I did Tower of Doom about 15times in about 5minutes. Which is sence the ride takes 30seconds, it should be 5:55seconds. Boy, the park looked really beautiful when it was covered in snow!

I did Scream(!) 4 times in the AM then 6 times in the PM without getting off. I have done Kumba 5 times in the morning without getting off as well. At Great Adventure, I have done GASM 5 times in a row on multiple occasions. Then on Easter I did Chiller 6, Nitro 3 and S:UF 3 consecutively.

The ops at SFNE are jerks about it. I get off, and there are 4 empty seats on the train, so I ask if I can get back on and they say "NO!" I mean, the ops don't ask for single riders, and there are 4 EMPTY SEATS ON THE TRAIN. What harm would it do to let me back on?

Wild Acventures down in Valdosta, GA is always a really quiet park. I've bene there twice and gotten all the rides I wanted on every coaster and flat ride. I rode Power Surge 8 times straight and it became my favorite flat ride (until MaXair).

When I went up to the Point for the first time this year I got several re-rides on Gemini, Mean Streak, and Blue Streak. I also got the last 2 rides of the day on TTD. We rode it once around and then some guy from our train asked if they "needed more weight for the final train so it could make it." Suprisingly enough, the op told us we could ride so I got 1 more before heading out that night.

If you go to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk at the right time of the year it's absolutely empty. They didn't let me reride the Giant Dipper, but I got 14 consecutive rides where I was the only person on the ride. Why they didn't just let me go again is beyond me.

September 2004 - 8 times on Xcelerator, 6 times on Ghost Rider

Labor Day 2005 - 6 times on Skyliner at Lakemont

July 2000 I went to Coney Island on a slow week day and rode The Cyclone 6 or 7 times without getting off with my wristband

Grizzly at PGA since we were on the 2nd to last ride of the day, so they just let us go again. Then I began to get a headache, which was weird since we had been on it like 3 times already earlier and I was fine then.

Also, Tazmanian Devil at SFMW, since it hardly ever has a line, so sometimes they just let you stay on as long as you want. The most I've ever survived on that one in a row without getting dizzy was 3.

This little incident occured on the Saturday night of Solace 05. Jerry D, my partner in crime from MN, got sent around twice on Perilous Plunge.

And that's not mentioning all the re-rides that I've taken on Avalanche. It's a hard coaster to power-ride, but it sure is fun

The only actual back to back coaster re-rides was on Boomerang. The line was about a 20 minute wait and the harness got stuck on me after my first ride was over. I told the ride op that I was stuck and he tried releasing me but didn't work so he said "Oh well, ride again!" So I did. And I left the ride with the typical "Vekoma-Head Syndrome"

Xcelerator- I absolutely loved this crew. There was nobody in the station because it was our first thing when the park opened, and the ride ops let us switch seats, stay in the same seats, or leave the ride. I moved around quite a bit being that the front was the only place with a line and was able to get 15 rerides on it! Yay!

Boomerang- This wasn't too exciting being that it was a Vekoma boomerang, but it was pretty cool because the ride op turned down the brakes so that we didn't come to a complete stop, but kept on going. I was only able to get four rides though.

---Brent 8)

I probably had the wierdest re-ride story, as SpaceFreak and I got to do 2 re-rides on S:RoS in the front row when there was a 1.5 hour line.

Our group was about to get on in the front, but they told us to wait for the next train since there was a disabled kid coming in from the exit. We didn't mind too much, and got on the next train. However, when we got off, the kid and his family were waiting at the exit to apologize for the inconvenience. It turned out the kid had some sort of terminal illness, this was his first time out of the hospital in a long time, and their trip was sponsored by the Ronald McDonald house (which gave them a front of the line pass). Anyway, this kid took a liking to SpaceFreak, and insisted that we ride with him. Although we felt bad about using this kids pass, his mother talked us in to taking him on a few rides (I think she was tired of riding them). We did Superman twice more, and then went around to a bunch of other rides before splitting off.

As for rerides without any line, I have posted in this thread before about the time in Jr. High when we visited USH and rode Jurrassic Park 76 times in a row. Not as fun as some might think.

Edited by ahecht

Also, when I was at SFStL in April (during Final 4) they allowed one reride on the coasters (except Mr. Freeze) for the first 2 hours of park operations. They just quickly stopped the train in the station before sending it out again.

Sitting on the Phoenix for an hour straight!

You are very lucky, The Phoenix is my favorite wooden coaster!

I have never been able to re-ride a coaster when there were people waiting. However, I have ridden the GASM 23 times without getting off of the train and I have ridden Acro about 60 times in one day.

Some of you guys are outrageous! 39 times on ANY ride is a OVERKILL!

I did Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa 8 times in a row. it was a Fall Sunday afternoon & hardly anyone was riding! I slept like a baby that night from being worn out by the back-to-back coaster rides.

Also did Sheikra 3 times in a row within about a 15-20 minutes period. Considering its a newer coaster at BGT, that's quite a lot since the line is usually long.

• 2 months later...

Glad to see others have found some reride friendly parks as well. It used to be that you rode as long as you had tickets in your pocket. I had thought the days of rerides left us with the advent of the one-price park. That was until Holiday World...

I enjoyed multiple rerides on both The Raven and The Legend last year. If no one was waiting for your seat, you just stayed on. If there was a single, you joined him/ her. In all I landed over 30 rides on each in an evening and the better part of a day... it was heaven...