TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Scandi Trip 2014 Mini Updates!

What is the "E-Motion" concept? I didn't even know what it was until Robb put it on twitter.

The E-Motion coaster was a concept built by Mack where the ride vehicles had a system on them that allowed the cars to tilt a little bit as it went around a turn. So on a mouse hairpin turn, for example, it was supposed to give you greater feeling that the car was tilting and would fall off. It never really seemed to have the desired effect, and ended up being more violent than fun.

mack1.thumb.jpg.47ec2f6d4180d804a6b9e9db185c2e59.jpg

mack2.thumb.jpg.761d7f9250768e97be41d3aad5504656.jpg

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the "E-Motion" concept? I didn't even know what it was until Robb put it on twitter.

The E-Motion coaster was a concept built by Mack where the ride vehicles had a system on them that allowed the cars to tilt a little bit as it went around a turn. So on a mouse hairpin turn, for example, it was supposed to give you greater feeling that the car was tilting and would fall off. It never really seemed to have the desired effect, and ended up being more violent than fun.

I totaly agree!

Just got home and i can honestly say this was the best trip i have done. Robb and Elissa's attention to detail, and all the add on's (the Scad Tower, the Starflyer Climb, the bonus kiddie credits, etc, etc) really made it top notch!

And, the people were awesome. Miss you guys already!

Thanks again to Robb and Elissa!

It was wonderful- I was blown away by the amount of ERT and group meals, and I still can't believe all the different experiences we had. I still can't believe some of the things we did (climbing Eclipse especially!) and it was great to see how the Scandinavian parks have their own character. I wish our playgrounds were that cool (and a giant pyramid of sliding death would be awesome to put in a backyard!)

This trip was the best thing I have done vacation wise in my life! I am so glad I was able to do this and experience it with TPR. The trip included so much stuff I can't even remember half of it! BUT here are few....ERT, Helix drunk, speedboat, karaoke on a ferry, word of the day, awesome dark rides, different flats, tilt drop tower, beer/more beer and of course amazing friends and new friends! Thanks for a great 2 1/2 weeks! Thank you TPR!

This trip was the best thing I have done vacation wise in my life! I am so glad I was able to do this and experience it with TPR. The trip included so much stuff I can't even remember half of it! BUT here are few....ERT, Helix drunk, speedboat, karaoke on a ferry, word of the day, awesome dark rides, different flats, tilt drop tower, beer/more beer and of course amazing friends and new friends! Thanks for a great 2 1/2 weeks! Thank you TPR!

^ and ^^ Double Post!

But definitely worth repeating, Chris.

The trip was GI-normously Amazing, and Robb and Elissa

AND Kristen were all there for us, making sure we got the most

of this tour, from the extraordinary amount of ERT we had, to the

amazing number of surprises (Pizza Buffet!) and delights (Beer!)

we all got to enjoy.

Hugs to Elissa, Kristen and Robb!

And I hope to see all and any of you all, on a future TPR Tour.

Now that I'm back home and settled in (and finally over this cold), I'd like to post a huge thanks to Robb & Elissa for going above and beyond in organizing this trip! I had a fantastic time with an awesome group of people, so many wonderful parks, lots of great food, several top-tier coasters, and a bunch of unique experiences. My highlights:

Sommerland Sjælland - Bonus Park! The obstacle course, jungle cruise ride, great food, and guf!

Bakken - Tornado (!?!), watching people take the "special ride" on Extreme, funhouse, and more great food

Tivoli Gardens - The awesome Rutschebanen tour and boarding at the top of the coaster, Plane on a Stick, funhouse, darkrides, great bumper cars, lazer-maze high score. A beautiful park and one of my favorite days of the trip.

Bon Bon Land - Dog Fart, the weird theming, the giant hidden indoor area, an incredible unbalanced ride on the spinning coaster.

Hansa Park - One of my favorite parks of the trip. Fluch von Novgorod was easily one of the best themed coasters I've been on, and it's a great ride to boot. Even the little family coaster was very well themed, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with Karnan. Also, SPACE RACE!!!

Legoland Billund - Polar X-plorer ERT, Mini-Land, getting drenched on the kiddie log flume (our boat may have been slightly overloaded)

Djurs Sommerland - Another fantastic park! Piraten ERT w/ pass the sword/gun! Juvelen was a fun surprise, and the park staff here were amazing

Tivoli Friheden - Park takeover and of course, the terrifying SCAD tower.

Farup Sommerland - Farup, Farup, Farup... A great ERT session, an awesome obstacle course, more great food, and pellet guns

Tusenfryd - Great ERT sessions on Speed Monster and Thundercoaster was a huge surprise from Vekoma

Liseberg - Balder ERT was awesome (my new #1 wood), Helix was even better than expected (top ten steel), and it was a great day at an awesome park.

Skara Sommerland - Soooo many rides on Tranan during ERT! Such a weird, fun coaster! Also, the ABBA/troll mine train, and watching people fall off the waterpark zipline.

Gronalund - A fantastic pair of ERT sessions; I got a ton of rides on their coasters. Great food & beer, funhouse, kiddie log flume, and the recently updated Ghost Train.

Overnight Ferry - Another tasty buffet, Finnish Karaoke takeover, and beautiful scenery.

Fun Park - Surprise Bonus Park inside a mall!

Powerpark - Fatty train and TPR Grand Prix made this an awesome visit! Plus, a very cool hotel and yet another great buffet w/ beer.

Wasalandia - Another Surprise Bonus Park! We had a whirlwind tour of the park's highlights, and the coaster had some surprise airtime.

Särkänniemi - ERT on dayglo orange Tornado train and Half Pipe spinning science, Speed Boat, and a steamy Dolphin show

Linnanmaki - Great ERT session on all the major rides, crazy front-car airtime on Vuoristorata, egg ride, Shark Cage 4D

Edited by robbalvey

Uploaded our POV from Speed Monster at Tusenfryd! It took us three visits to get video of this coaster, and we finally got it!

The ride may not be the fastest or most intense of the Intamin Accelerators (it's no Maverick or iSpeed), but it's VERY solid, fun and re-rideable over and over again! It has a couple of good intense moments, it's very "snappy" around the twisty bits, and the giant weird loop over the park entrance is very cool!

Enjoy the show...

Great video. I love the clips of Ross yelling random things. I'm assuming that was the only video of him not swearing or using the "word of the day".

I had to be very careful what short bits I used!

Great video. I love the clips of Ross yelling random things. I'm assuming that was the only video of him not swearing or using the "word of the day".

Which means no clips recorded on the bus of Ross will ever see the light of day

Which means no clips recorded on the bus of Ross will ever see the light of day

What happens on the bus, stays on the bus.