TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When will Cedar Fair finally partner with RMC?

Questions pretty simple. Whem do you think Cedar Fair will finally partner with RMC and redo some of their wood coasters/build new RMC coasters? It's been 3 years since they've made their mark and I think I speak for a lot of people that I'm surprised none of these awesome rides have made an appearance at a Cedar Fair park. What Cedar Fair coaster would you like to see receive the first Iron Horse treatment? Personally I'd like to see Ghost rider at Knott's and Mean Streak.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Cedar Point, I really do. However, Mean Streak is terrible. It either needs to go iron horse, or be torn down. I think Cedar Point is proceeding with caution and watching from the sidelines. I think they want to see how well the coasters they build hold up for at least a few years, as well as look at maintenance and safety records. There is a reason they haven't jumped at RMC yet. I am in the midwest and the only ride they should ever consider doing an Iron rebuild to is Mean Streak. I think that if they were going to jump on RMC anytime soon they would have saved Son Of Beast.

I think it will still be at least a couple of years down the road, but when it does happen it'll be Minebuster at Canada's Wonderland. And yeah, I'm probably just saying this because I live 20 minutes from the park and I want the idea floating around of there in the universe. Go quantum mechanics!

I'd rather see a brand new woodie in mean streaks spot as opposed to tearing it down, because that'd mean they'd only have 1 woodie. And this way, there would be an outstanding woodie at the park by RMC!

I'm down for ghostrider getting it, but it'd be unfortunate if they didn't have a true woodie in the park though.

I imagine RMC will come to CF in a couple of years. Trust me, they're taking notice of all the killer RMC's going into parks. It just takes time to develop a new ride concept, so I imagine that theres one already in the works.

I think they want to see how well the coasters they build hold up for at least a few years, as well as look at maintenance and safety records.

I agree. I think Cedar Fair is being cautious and waiting to verify that these installations remain largely problem free before jumping in. I can't say I blame them as these rides appear to really be pushing the envelope in terms of forces and what can be done with wooden structures. That said, I'm confident that their early creations will hold up fine - paving the way for wider adoption and continued success.

I too think it'll be CW's Minebuster. Wonderland seems to be CF's main "test" park, and Minebuster's a pretty well known ride there that needs some TLC.

I wouldnt say Canadas Wonderland is Cedar Fair's test park by any means (especially considering it was owned by Paramount up until a few years ago). Sure, they were the first with a dark ride, but thats pretty much it. Cedar Point's additions almost always break some kind of record, plus they had the first Giga, Strata, hyper, Terra, one of the first hybrids (Gemini), etc.

It would make more sense for the first RMC to go to Cedar Point I think, and knowing them they'd probably make sure its a tallest, fastest, or steepest...if they overlayed Mean Streak they could definitely go for longest. I would say Cedar Point has more "new" additions than CW though.

I too think it'll be CW's Minebuster. Wonderland seems to be CF's main "test" park, and Minebuster's a pretty well known ride there that needs some TLC.

I wouldnt say Canadas Wonderland is Cedar Fair's test park by any means (especially considering it was owned by Paramount up until a few years ago). Sure, they were the first with a dark ride, but thats pretty much it.

They tested out the first Giga there! You could argue that wasn't a "test" but it sure was the first out there, and now it appears more of them are gonna go around in the chain...

I wouldnt say Canadas Wonderland is Cedar Fair's test park by any means (especially considering it was owned by Paramount up until a few years ago). Sure, they were the first with a dark ride, but thats pretty much it.

They tested out the first Giga there! You could argue that wasn't a "test" but it sure was the first out there, and now it appears more of them are gonna go around in the chain...

Millennium Force and I305 would like to have a word with you.....

It's not really fair to call any park in the chain the "test park". Without putting a whole lot of thought into it I can easily think of "firsts" that went to Cedar Point, King's Dominion, King's Island, Knott's and Wonderland.

All I have to contribute to this is that I visited Knott's Berry Farm on a West Coast vacation last July, and GhostRider was honestly the most terrible roller coaster I've ever ridden. Maybe I was in a bad seat on a bad day, but damn that thing HURT.

I've ridden Mean Streak many times and I would take it over GhostRider any day.

Instead of guessing which one will be first to have the RMC conversion, I just hope they all get done sooner or later.

^ agreed.

I rode GhostRider, Mean Streak and Minebuster each within 2 weeks of one another and GR was by far the roughest of the three.

That said, I wouldn't be willing to bet money that Knott's will be the first park in the chain to get an RMC installation.

I'd like to just add that typing GhostRider, Mean Streak and Minebuster into a single sentence gave me the heebie-jeebies. They are all in serious need of a makeover and I hope to never ride them all again in a 2 week period until it happens.

All I have to contribute to this is that I visited Knott's Berry Farm on a West Coast vacation last July, and GhostRider was honestly the most terrible roller coaster I've ever ridden. Maybe I was in a bad seat on a bad day, but damn that thing HURT.

There's no "good seat" and pretty much every day is a bad day for Ghostrider.

Ghostrider would be an awesome candidate for RMC. I remember riding it in 2001, and it was one of my favorite wooden coasters. I went back in 2007 and it completely dropped out of my top 10. Sad to see.

Edited by DLex

Like others have a said I'm surprised they haven't jumped on the bandwagon already. I hardly think they're being kept away by the legal drama (even SF are still buying through it!) and they have plenty of candidates for an overhaul.

I forget the new CEOs name but he seemed to be off to a good start so hopefully eh continues with some solid investment renovating some rides that need a bit of love!

If Cedar Fair does partner with RMC, I think these would be some potential candidates for the Iron Horse treatment:

Mean Streak, CP, High chance

Ghost Rider, Knott's, High chance

Timber Wolf, WoF, Maybe

Hurler, KD/Carowinds, Low chance

Thunderhawk, Dorney, Low chance

Grizzly, CGA, Very Low chance

Mighty Canadien Minebuster, CW, Maybe

High Roller, VF, Very Low chance

Wolverine Wildcat, MiA, Maybe

If any of these happen, it probably won't be for a long time.

I'm not really seeing Minebuster as a good candidate for an RMC makeover. I think it's more likely for GCI come in and do some work on it as they did with Hurler at Carowinds this past offseason. I'd love to see that weird long hill go back to being two.