TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: A Magnificent Day At Waldameer

First, let me start with Waldameer has the the friendliest staff I've ever experienced at an amusement park, every ride op and staff member was smiling, friendly, and energetic. Multiple times throughout our day walking through the park we would get a random "Hi, how's your day going?" from park employees. The atmosphere was very welcoming and very family friendly, I was really blown away by how nice everybody was there.

Waldameer is my second "new to me" park this season. The day we went it was raining all day so the park was dead, and lucky for us no thunder or lightning so everything in the park was operating! Saying rides were a walk on makes the wait sound too long, for most rides my friend and I were the only people riding! We arrived at the park at about 1 in the afternoon and by 3:15 we had already hopped on everything with multiple rides on X-Scream, Steel Dragon and of course Ravine Flyer II.

Musical Express: I haven't hopped onto one of these flat rides since I was a kid and man this thing is fast! I had a blast and the ride ops were hilarious.

Comet: Decent Jr. Coaster but with me being 6' tall and my friend 6'6" it was a tight squeeze in the car.

Steel Dragon: Only my second spinning coaster, but I find these to be really fun!

X-Scream: Rode this twice once for a view of the park and once for a view of the lake. I loved that we didn't stop at the top and the tower just drops you, that took me by surprise the first time. Also it feels like the brakes kick in at the very last second, which is great! It was an awesome drop tower.

Ravine Flyer III: I am a credit whore, great kiddy coaster.

Ravine Flyer II: I knew this was going to be good but man I never knew a wood coaster could be so smooth! So much sustained airtime along with shouting 90 DEGREES every time I rode made it even more fun! Go to Waldameer and ride this coaster! I believe I have a new #1 wood coaster!

Now onto what really made my day amazing. We left the park for lunch and returned at about 4. My friend wanted to do the water park but I felt it was too cold and rainy for that so we split up for a few hours. Having done everything in the park I issued myself a challenge. It was to ride all 24 seats on Ravine Flyer II! And you know what everybody, I accomplished that goal! And to put the icing on the cake for four of those rides I WAS THE ONLY PERSON ON THE ENTIRE TRAIN! That's the dream right there! The ride ops were counting down how many laps I had to go each time I returned to the station, and when I was walking around the queue between cycles they would unbuckle the next seat for me. The park ended up closing early at 6:30 ending my marathon but I rode Ravine Flyer II 26 times in a row, and total for the whole day was 29! So pretty much a perfect day. Forgive me for the lack of pictures but It was raining all day so I was hesitant on taking my camera out most of the time.

IMG_0432.JPG.859547c8648d6e713da6db31c99151ff.JPG

The rain was coming down but we were getting close!

IMG_0433.JPG.70c0b62b87614d1c309be47e2d4e3bdb.JPG

We're Here!

IMG_0434.JPG.85ab1783f5a2ef58ec442102281da7c6.JPG

Because of the weather the park was nearly empty!

IMG_0438.JPG.f8e92a73bed55cce8b3cc13a8126b746.JPG

This picture doesn't do the lights on this ride justice, this was the longest line all day, maybe 8 people in front of us.

IMG_0441.JPG.3b1345e3dc39f71c24b30f217c0ae2e5.JPG

This was a fun little walk through.

IMG_0442.thumb.JPG.a12f4fc52727c248e35ed45da233a144.JPG

Great drop tower, we were the only ones on when we rode!

IMG_0445.JPG.8a57bd8596f31e7f45ab66efa1a7d246.JPG

We were the first car of the day on Steel Dragon

IMG_0447.JPG.357e27ebb17f07b40cd0e6595802d030.JPG

My buddy Ben & I drying off in the arcade between being soaked walking though the park.

IMG_0448.JPG.e31227aefdb6949f5e6895740af51db6.JPG

Bumper cars, why not?

IMG_0453.JPG.266d6b9d546c35d3b852cdfd3644375c.JPG

A credit is a credit!

IMG_0459.JPG.254c0dca1300d0a36608ff85400c689f.JPG

Now this is what I came to ride!

IMG_0461.JPG.056bc62e1aee788efa70b7adac898f02.JPG

Such a great coaster.

IMG_0465.JPG.4479562afb9760a13a34bf23cc6da289.JPG

This was taken right before my 24th ride in a row. Such a great day!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of my absolute favorite parks! Ravine Flyer II is nothing short of amazing! Shame you didn't get a night ride on it though as its a complete different monster at night! Great report though. Did you get to ride their wacky shack?

Edited by GrapesLie

^^Yes I did ride Wacky Shack! Fun little dark ride!

^Yes they did make me walk all the way around even though I was the only person, but hey you can't fault them for following the rules!

Made my first visit to Waldameer this year as well. Was also pleasantly surprised at how nice the park was. And Ravine Flyer OMG might be one of the best wooden coasters I've ever been on. Though I have yet to ride the Voyage haha, and it's been 6 years since I've been on El Toro so my memory is fuzzy on that one haha.

Made my first visit to Waldameer this year as well. Was also pleasantly surprised at how nice the park was. And Ravine Flyer OMG might be one of the best wooden coasters I've ever been on. Though I have yet to ride the Voyage haha, and it's been 6 years since I've been on El Toro so my memory is fuzzy on that one haha.

I haven't been on El Toro or Voyage, but they're two of my must ride coasters for 2015!