TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure Denies Photography T-Shirt

I was listening to a photography audio blog I listen to... This guy has his own shirt that says 'I Shoot RAW" with photography stuff on the back of it. Six Flags denied him once in the park about his shirt, but could not tell him why it was inappropriate. He had the whole thing recorded and it is pretty interesting.

Skip to 7:00 for the story... The actual in-park recording takes place at around 8:55.

http://froknowsphoto.com/rawtalk-89/

And here is the shirt in question:

http://store.froknowsphoto.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1000

I just thought it was interesting to listen to! Especially when they talk about the shirts six flags sells such as "let it roll" and "size matters" in the park, along with "I like it rough".

Thoughts? Do you think Six Flags overacted and handled it properly? Not taking sides here at all, just sharing the story!

Edited by Invertalon

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The park overreacted. Plain and simple. Some of the merchandise SF sells is borderline inappropriate so definitely a double-standard here.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by DJeXeL

The Goliath shirt I bought for the originally planned Midnight ride says "It's better on Top." Of course, I'm 25 years old and I could care less about sexual innuendo associated with it: it simply is going to be awesome when you reach the top of that lift. It's most definitely a double standard, though.

This is interesting as Ive warned friends Ive taken to the park "Watch what you wear apparently you can get kicked out for inappropriate tees/clothing" but last weekend while in line for Green Lantern I couldn't help but notice a gentleman with the slogan "I DON'T GIVE A F*CK" (not bleeped) on the back of his tee. It was clear as day so don't know how anyone missed it. Personally not offended but I thought it was funny to see after hearing stories of folks getting kicked out...

Perhaps the company's next advertising campaign was going to be built around the slogan "Ride Raw," and they were concerned that the shirt would spoil the surprise.

YOLO. A few years ago, the SF parks were doing this whole "I'm here with my family" thing. I walk into a gift shop and all these YOLO-like, sexual innuendo, super annoying and funny-maybe-once shirts on display. "I'm huge in Japan." Ok, a family park.

The park has the right to deny him with that shirt, but the double standard isn't cool.

For over a decade SFStL has sold shirts that say "I did the boss". I've seen a lot of innuendo shirts across the chain and this really is a double standard. I don't condone any of it, but the double standard really is the cherry on top. Ridiculous.