TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where should we eat at these Penn. Parks?

I can totally understand that. I hope your partner has a great time on the trip! No getting worn out!

how much is parking at Dorney?. . doesn't mention it anywhere on site!

I dunno, but it's free at Idlewild and Lakemont Ok ok... I'm teasing.

Are you guys going to any more Cedar Fair parks this year? The platinum pass they offer ($165 when I got in back in 2011) is a good value if you're traveling to other parks, and includes parking at them all. You could also go to Dorney for the Starlight admission; it's $13 cheaper than a whole day and the park is always nicer later in the day (especially when the sun goes down!)

most likely not for the rest of his year (I go to Atlanta for Dragon*con for Labor Day weekend), and then together a likely Caribbean cruise (with my Parents!) in late October.

the upside of being forced to take vacation (use it or lose it) from my job. . LOL

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll co-sign on Chickie & Pete's. It's a local Philly place and while I've never had it at a theme park its pretty great. The crab fries are legendary for a reason, try them.

I really like the Mixed Grille from the food court next to Storm Runner in Hersheypark. It's got a good variety, the portions are huge, and it's pretty tasty. I also like the Central PA Kosher Mart's falafel, and the kettle corn is the best I have tasted ANYWHERE.

• 2 weeks later...

We're still on the trip, but decompressing after a great (and crowded) day at Knobel's in the lobby of our hotel (yay free internet with computer provided!).

thus far, we loved the food at Kennywood -- eating potato patch fries, Lemon Periogies from the stand near log jammer, the Philly Cheesesteak at the midway stand, and tho we wanted to try the peperoni rolls. . we simply couldn't find the stand. We did buy some fudge on the way out, and that was excellent too.

the only Kennywood misfire was the deep fried Oreo. It was soggy, sweet, and way too rich. We didnt' finish the order (and instead got the Lemon Periogies that we loved from the same place).

In HersheyPark, we didnt' try Chickie and Peete's as we are going to eat there at Dorney, but we did try the Smokehouse, and just weren't that impressed (we completely understand that being from Austin, Texas, our BBQ standards are pretty high . . and it wasn't BAD. . it just didn't WOW us for the cost). The Periogies from the midway cart near Wildcat were OK. . not amazing, not bad. . just. . eh.

The Kettle Corn at Hershy is amazing. . . we still have a 2nd bag with us to munch on for the next few days!.

we at a couple of main meals at the Hershy Lodge where we stayed. . and both places were great. The Bear's Den is themed to an ice rink, and we had Philly Cheesesteak and a Rueben. At the Hershey Grill (more upscale), we had the Lobster "corndogs" and an amazing coconut Chicken Salad.

at Knobel's. We've eaten our way thru the park (as suggested), loving the Birch Beer, the Fried Pickles, the Cheese on a Stick, the Old Mill Salted Caramel Sundae's, as well as the Crabcake Burger and fried veggies (from the stand in front of Phoenix). We have up in the room, a small bag of kettle corn, and a bag of Cotton Candy we bought on the way out for tomorrow in the car.

Honestly?. . the only misfire at Knobel's was the taco pizza. . which folks raved about to us in line, and so we tried it.

If I'm being honest?. . it tasted like a burp (ewww). . and we ended up not finishing it. . . but everything else was excellent.

Tomorrow we are off to Philadelphia, and then on Monday up to Allentown for Dorney. . so that's when we'll hit Chickie and Peete's.

thanks again for the suggestions everyone!. . it's made for a great trip thus far!

I really like the Mixed Grille from the food court next to Storm Runner in Hersheypark. It's got a good variety, the portions are huge, and it's pretty tasty. I also like the Central PA Kosher Mart's falafel, and the kettle corn is the best I have tasted ANYWHERE.

We were gonna try this on Thursday night (the mixed grille). . . but it was closed! Guess because the park was so dead from the weather forecast.

I actually pointed out the KosherMart while we were in line for the KettleCorn, but mr fuddy-duddy I'm with was determined that we get back to the hotel before the rain really hit. . so we didn't stop.