TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ride an open-car Zipper at least once.

Me too.

You know what? That just reminded me of my Thorpe Park trip next year. If I knew the dates when the Slammer would be open, I would totally go on it. It's like I want to go there just to ride the Slammer. It truely looks amazing and it will be my first ever Sky Swat ride. And THAT just reminded me of something else:

Is the Slammer a permanent ride? I'd love to know if it is permanent. It LOOKS permanent but I just want to know if it is.

Back to Zippers:

I haven't ridden a Zipper yet. I've wondered how the 'No single riders' thing worked. How does being a single rider affect the car?

There's also the OSTR version we've been talking about. I personally don't think how it will be that painful. I really wish there would be some sort of Chaos and a Zipper coming to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland soon. It will be my first time EVER on those! like anyone cares.

Slammer is completely permanet, there are four 100 foot metal pillars in he ground! Chaos and Zipper are like the magestic flat rides I think that everyone wants to say they have ridden at least once. I doubt UK health and safety would allow a zipper though, especially now they are much more cautious after the Smiler crash

Slammer is completely permanent, there are four 100 foot metal pillars in the ground! Chaos and Zipper are like the magestic flat rides I think that everyone wants to say they have ridden at least once. I doubt UK health and safety would allow a zipper though, especially now they are much more cautious after the Smiler crash.

Yes! Thanks for saying it's permanent! Maybe in a few years when the Smiler crash is just forgotton and nobody talks about it, I think they might consider adding a Zipper then. I've also never ridden a Chaos ride. I would rather have a Chaos and a Zipper in a theme park instead of a fun fair. Ever since I got grommetts (they help you hear better) I've been getting really sick after one or two rides, so I have to take anti - sickness pills. I can barely stand four or five rides at fun fairs.

But at theme parks, I can get on virtually infinite rides without feeling the slightest bit sick. Is it the smell of the fun fairs? The bright or flashing lights? The loud noises like "ARE YOU READDYYYYYYY????!!!!" or screaming? I seriously have no idea how fun fairs literally kill me but theme parks do the exact opposite. That's why I want those types of rides to be at theme parks. I would LOVE to know what those rides would be like (including that massive Round Up thing they called the UFO or something).

Slammer is completely permanent, there are four 100 foot metal pillars in the ground! Chaos and Zipper are like the magestic flat rides I think that everyone wants to say they have ridden at least once. I doubt UK health and safety would allow a zipper though, especially now they are much more cautious after the Smiler crash.

Yes! Thanks for saying it's permanent! Maybe in a few years when the Smiler crash is just forgotton and nobody talks about it, I think they might consider adding a Zipper then. I've also never ridden a Chaos ride. I would rather have a Chaos and a Zipper in a theme park instead of a fun fair. Ever since I got grommetts (they help you hear better) I've been getting really sick after one or two rides, so I have to take anti - sickness pills. I can barely stand four or five rides at fun fairs.

But at theme parks, I can get on virtually infinite rides without feeling the slightest bit sick. Is it the smell of the fun fairs? The bright or flashing lights? The loud noises like "ARE YOU READDYYYYYYY????!!!!" or screaming? I seriously have no idea how fun fairs literally kill me but theme parks do the exact opposite. That's why I want those types of rides to be at theme parks. I would LOVE to know what those rides would be like (including that massive Round Up thing they called the UFO or something).

I had grommetts when I was little. It's because at funfairs everything is ran on way higher settings because they aren't being ran 200+ days a year only like 40, and not as often. The last chaos in the UK was at Lightwater Valley but they kept having maintenance issues with it and after they invested loads into it, there was a major brake down within a month

I had no idea these were still being made; apparently these guys bought their third one this year:

And to awesomefaceninja: do you normally go to funfairs at night vs. theme parks during the day? That could be another contributing factor- if it's dark, there is no scenery to give you a point of reference, so maybe your brain is just way more confused at night

Here is the video in question about the open air Zipper

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

No.... Should be

Hoping and praying that they can make a park model zipper out of this!

Also, don't forget that CF management said they were looking to bring back some old school flats.

In a perfect world, these would end up infecting all CF parks in a way the "Chaos (non) Coaster" super loops have infected the SF chain... But because they're zippers, it would be way more awesome

Seriously though, a park model version like this could be great... Wonder if that's what's happening with the ocean city zipper where the cages were removed? (Shown a few pages back).

Also, anybody know where that video of the open air zipper came from? Would love to see the original site. Tried typing "open air chance rides zipper" into YouTube and nothing came up.

Here is the video in question about the open air Zipper

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

No.... Should be

Hoping and praying that they can make a park model zipper out of this!

Also, don't forget that CF management said they were looking to bring back some old school flats.

In a perfect world, these would end up infecting all CF parks in a way the "Chaos (non) Coaster" super loops have infected the SF chain... But because they're zippers, it would be way more awesome

Seriously though, a park model version like this could be great... Wonder if that's what's happening with the ocean city zipper where the cages were removed? (Shown a few pages back).

Also, anybody know where that video of the open air zipper came from? Would love to see the original site. Tried typing "open air chance rides zipper" into YouTube and nothing came up.

The video is on a Facebook page dedicated to Zippers.

I wonder if SF would buy Zippers and market them as the "World's First Rotating 4th Dimension Coaster"

About the Ocean City Zipper, I was at the park a few years ago and the Zipper was the same. It could be something involving maintenance, because the Zipper was seen running about a month ago.

• 3 months later...

Wel... Looks like it's happening!

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com/brnews/newsarticle.asp?ID=825

First ever open air zipper is going to Wade Shows.

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com/brnews/newsarticle.asp?ID=826

Took them almost 20 years to catch up to Larson and their Super Loops, but who cares... Zippers have officially entered the modern age.

Wonder if this means they'll ever build a park model?

Edited by canadianparkfan

I must admit, the "Open Air Zipper" looks 100% better than the standard Zipper. However, I still would never get back on one of those things. Maybe I'm just getting to old to ride them, but just watching the video of the guy riding the open air model made me nauseous.

• 8 months later...

Had the opportunity to NOT ride this over the weekend in Ocean City, MD. At 6' 6" there is no way I could get in this, plus they no longer allow single riders. My son loved it and rode it 3 times though.

zippy.thumb.jpg.45eb3850711aedb819aaed467d56dc2b.jpg

Trimper's Zipper

As long as the restraints don't make the tub too heavy to spin the way its supposed to, I'm cool with it. I love the ability to allow single riders, and also having a system where your safety doesn't rely on the dang door staying closed.

I really hope these catch on in the parks again.

I'm sure they already thought of this, but why use Horse-collar-style OTSRs? Seems like vest restraints would cut down on the weight of the pods.