TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Use Your Religion

Jose Eber

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you nemesis20, Christianity can be problematic if it's used like a weapon as you said. Would god really say, "If you don't have blonde hair, blue eyes, then get out of my Church!"

Alright, now I'm posting this at 644am and I've been up all night, so I figure I'm at my philisophical best

I was raised a christian, and have stayed that way including being a loyal member of a church untill about a year ago, I have not stayed out for any reason other that my own complete laziness(yeah let hear it for lazyness)

Anyway, there are a few churches that use Christianity for a vehicle of hate, but there are many more who really do want to do good with thier lives.

Just remeber there is like 1 Jerry Fawell and a ton more of Billy Graham's

It seems the few can make the many look bad.

Remember, if you agree or not, it is important to always respect other peoples beliefs, and certainly if you want the same in return

The biggest problem with the Church is that it is full of people, no diffrent than anyone else, you have pastors of big churches, who get big heads and treat people like dirt, you have gossip, and many other things you would never expect to see in a church, but they are only people, and the majority are doing the best they can, people make mistakes, if you accept that, and then forgive wrongs that are done to you, you will be alot happier for it

I have been wronged by people in the church BIG TIME, but I was lucky to see that some of the other people, including the pastors were getting blessed(for lack of a better term)by the music team I was leading

I'm sure I'm rambling, but hey I'm half asleep

Respect, if you give respect, you get it back

boy I wonder if any of that made sense? :?

I agree, respect Funny how it's only ever the hateful types that start the arguments, and the rest of us just get along.

Well, since I'm arguing with you privately in personal messages (and now publicly), I'd say you are no better than anyone else, and like everyone else -- do both. Razoredge -- you start fights - believe me! (by criticizing or being so arrogant as to 'warn' people, you expect no recourse?!! lol)

Its actually about LOVE AND respect and about starting and finishing arguments -- its 'about' everything.

Gawd, if you generalize, at least be general, and NOT specific!

Its actually about LOVE AND respect and about starting and finishing arguments -- its 'about' everything.

If that's so, why do you continue to attack people? I don't see anyone else being as rude and hypocritical as you on the entire forum. There is no substance in what you are saying, you consistantly contradict yourself, and there is no sense in resuming your childish provokation. I suggest you take your impossible arguement elsewhere, where someone, like you, enjoys bombarding forums with pointless rhetoric.

I have NOT read your PM's - I do NOT deal with abusive people, and I will NOT be posting, or reading anything further you have to cough up on this matter. I sent you a diplomatic apology, with no negative judgements on yourself, half-expecting that you would end your crazy attack on me. Well I'm afraid I have changed my mind: you sir, are a homophobic bigot.

I'm not religous in the least. My brother is an ordained minister so whenever we get together it can be pretty humurous.

I use to believe that when you die afterlife is like a dream, which would explain all the different religons. It would make all of them right. People have such a strong faith in heaven and christianity then of course their "afterlife dream" would seem like heaven. People who believed in reincarnation would "dream" of being reincarnated. etc etc. I gave up that belief though because its too good to be true.

I want to believe in "the afterlife dream" or reincarnation, or a betterlife after death, but in the end I believe when you die, thats it.

I would like to say that I have a very unique "Religion," but the fact is that I wouldnt consider myself religious. I consider myself very spiritual which is similiar but almost infinitely different. To somewhat categorise me I would say I am a theistic existentialist. That means that I believe that there is some sort of higher plain of existence that many people consider to be "God" or Allah or (insert name of deity here), but I dont believe that any religion has ever gotten it right. How many wars have been fought over religion? How much more blood will be spilled?

I don't think its about how you worship, but about how you live your life. I've known many people who are always there at Mass on Sunday, but outside of the church they act completely differently. I choose to live my life as the best person I can. Am I perfect? Far from it. But I think that if a person puts forth an effort to be a good person for their life, I dont think it matters if there is a heaven or not. If there is, I feel that living my life to the best of my ability is plenty enough to get me in. And if there is no life after death, then I have lived my life well and will die happy. I dont need a religion to tell me what is right and wrong. I believe that in the end people know what is right and wrong. and that sometimes life is gray instead of black and white. What matters isnt the decisions that you make that turn out to be wrong ones, what matters is the fact that you want them to be right ones.

I was raised Roman Catholic, but ever since about 7tth or 8th grade when I was confirmed it became more like going through the motions, rather than actually believing. Throughout highschool I felt it was more important to help others learn to grow in spirituality rather than for me to go to church on Sunday. So instead of going to mass, I led the retreats for middle school kids.

I feel as though I'm rambling on and not really making sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesnt really matter if you are Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Wiccan or etc. What matters is that you try to be a good person. You don't have to succeed, you just have to try.

Russ "live your life and be happy when you die" Kellner

OK, I'm going to put an end to all this RIGHT NOW.

If I hear of ANYONE sending abusive PMs to other members on this board you will be BANNED! No questions.

This is NOT about arguing, it's about having fun.

If you want to argue with people, do it via private email, NOT on my boards!

--Robb "Thread closed" Alvey