TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Use Your Religion

Jose Eber

Christian, Gods #1 in my life.

I am one of those out casts to the church seeing as I'm gay too. My partener is a christian too.

We read the bible and have devotions together every day. However, as far as going to church, we,ve both learned not to go to one too long, once they find out that we are together....... well lets just say its not nice. We dont blame that on God its just the way people are.

Once you become a christian, You really feel it in your heart. And its been 18 yrs. and I'm sorry, gay and christain having faith and still beleiving, loving God ! No one can break God and I up.

Just wish we'd quit getting pushed out of churchs !

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born and raised in a Baptist church and attended regularly till I was about 21 (I'm 45 now). My belief in God is as strong as ever, though for now I don't attend church regularly anymore.

For whatever reason, I've been able to avoid the bad things in life. People who get to know and talk to me have asked which church I attend---without my having ever mentioned it, so the Christian aspect of my personality is coming through loud and clear.

Things at home are shaky with my wife, and my faith in God has been helping me through it. My daughter's boyfriend is a Presbyterian (but I like him anyway! ), and she's been going to Bible studies with him and enjoys it.

What keeps me away from church is the fact that I've long since heard the message and believe the message. For now, I'm struggling with the concept of "You have to be saved---you are a sinner---come to the Lord!" banged into my head over and over. Well, I have repented, been baptized, believe, and worship God within my heart in some way each and every day. I believe I'm saved; I feel at peace about where I'm headed when I leave this earth. For now, I don't want a church to keep reminding me about what a sinner I am, how I should vote, how much money to give, who I should hang around, etc.

Chances are, I'll return to church one day, but just for the fellowship with other Christians---which I think will benefit me in the long run. Good friends are good to have.

Sermon over...let's sing a hymn and go get cookies!

Eric

Am a Christian and I want to help those people that say, "if am gay I will go to heaven because God is love and the only thing that matter is my relatioship with God." The bible clearly states that homosexuality is not right and whoever practice it will not go to heaven. The ponit of being a Christian is having a one-on-one relationship with God, showing people his love with the salvation that he brought us by dying for our sins in the cross and to GO TO HEAVEN after this life. Anyone that doubts me please read (I Cor. 6: 9, 10)

If anyone has anymore quetions I would be honored and happy to help you out!

Remember God is love and if gave his only son (Jesus) for you!!!

God bless you all 8)

The bible clearly states that homosexuality is not right and whoever practice it will not go to heaven. The ponit of being a Christian is having a one-on-one relationship with God,

Ok, if god is all powerful and all forgiving, who cares what the bible says? Its just a bunch of peoples interpretations of what god "said" to them anyway. God didnt actually write the thing. Also, if the point of being a christian is about your one on one relationship with god, thats between YOU and GOD, not YOU and the CHURCH. The church is not more wise than god.

What im trying to say here is that you contradicted yourself. You say that homosexuals wont go to heaven, but then you say that its all about your relationship with god, and last time i checked, your relationship with god is more important than what the bible says so long as you know your relationship is true. So how can you say that a homosexuals relationship with god isnt true? How do you know? Your not that person.

Rob "Playing devils advocate (sorry for the pun)" D

Whew! This is a deep subject for a theme park forum, but hey! I love to express my opinions, so here goes....

I was born and raised Catholic, and will always consider myself a Catholic, even though I don't really don't follow what they believe and practice. That said, I can't see myself ever "switching" religious affiliations because I think organized religion on the whole is messed up. What's permissible in one church is forbidden in another. Catholics can drink and gamble, but they can't have premartial sex. Now, isn't that naturally going to happen after a night of drinking and gambling???

Seriously, though, I got frustrated 10-11 years ago when I couldn't get married in the Catholic church because my husband (who, btw is NOT Catholic) was divorced-having been married in a Christian Church. He was not the one who asked for the divorce, his ex did, and yet to the Church he was still "married". Total BS. That's when I really started to see the ridiculousness of it all.

I believe in God and while I can wait to meet Him, I do look forward to finding out for myself what he really thinks about a lot of the hot button issues. I am basically a liberal, so obviously I have my person views on gays, abortion, lots of things....

Shari "I attend Sunday services at Our Lady of the Eiffel Tower in Mason, Ohio-at least from April-October" Shoufler

^^^^

Thisn is not the place for this debate AT ALL, lets get back on topic and just state what we believe, without any refrence to it being contrary to other people beliefs

WHOA, for the two post above dsneygirlz2s

Please dont hate me. I really am a good person. Despite what some of you have been told about athiests...

I don't have a problem with anyone believing anything that differs from me, That why this country was founded

I think the best way to share your beliefs is to first respect other people's beliefs

I don't have a problem with anyone believing anything that differs from me, That why this country was founded

I think the best way to share your beliefs is to first respect other people's beliefs

That is an admirable view. I completely agree with you.

Anyway, I guess you could say I'm a loose Christian.

There are a lot of things I believe, but I don't take everything to be set-in-stone historical events or facts.

I'm Jewish. I'm not really religious, but i like certain aspects of Judaism. I have to say that the most "religious" I've ever been was nearly three years ago, when i was training for my Bat Mitzvah (working for 8 months trying to read five pages all in Hebrew- OY VEY!) The main problem with being Jewish is that nobody else really understands anything I do, like keeping Kosher, and all that stuff.

Just to respond on what SpaceFreak said I want to clearify what I said.

First of all the bible is the word of God. It was literally write by men, but God spoke to them and told them what to write. None of the men added or negated any of the words given by God to them. All of the Bible is God's word and not man's word. That's why it's also called the Holy Bible. If it were written by men then it wouldn't be called the Holy Bible.

Secondly, yes ONE of the reasons for being Christian is having a relationship with God. But that's not the only one thing one must do to be Christian. You must also talk to people about God's love by sending Jesus to died on the cross for the sins of you and me and go to HEAVEN by following what the Bible says. How can you go against the Word of God and then say that I have a relationship with God? I think that's sounds contradicting.

Don't get me wrong here... I don't hate gays at all!

Am just saying that homosexuality is wrong and not the people who are gay. I hope this clears up what I said in the begining.

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have and trust me I won't get offended by any questions pertaining to Christianity. I want everyone to go to heaven. I just want everyone here that loves rollercoasters to love Jesus the same way! God Bless! 8)

Yes, I know the rhetoric of how the bible came to be (I went to a catholic high school). Out of curiosity, would you believe me if I wrote a book and said that it was gods mesage to everyone? I know I wouldnt, and i feel that only fanatics would beleive it (In this day and age that is). I just find it hard to beleive that god told someone what to write, and now everyone beleives that they were the messengers of god. (Probably because i dont beleive in a god, or maybe its because i find it hard to beleive that people would believe such a claim today).

As for jesus, I dont beleive that he was the son of god. I beleive that he existed, and i believe that he was a great man (did many good things for humanity), and i beleive that he was also very charismatic and had a huge amount of influence. However, I also beleive that he was crazy (again, because i dont beleive in god). Its just like someone saying today that they were the son of god, and then holding themselves up in a midwestern ranch against federal agents, getting killed, and claiming he died for our sins. I just find it hard to beleive that today, so how can i beleive that it happend in the past.

I dont have anything against religion. I am an athiest, I am straight (despite what you may have thought from my arguments... ), and I respect everyones point of view and ideology. I believe that everyone needs somethign to beleive in to find comfort. Most people chose religion, many different kinds of religion, but religion non-the less (you did, and thats fine). I feel that believing in something is comforting, i know my beliefs bring me comfort, but they cant bring everyone comfort. Its kind of like an aquired taste, like coffee.

Whew, sorry about the rant guys....

Christian, Gods #1 in my life.

I am one of those out casts to the church seeing as I'm gay too. My partener is a christian too.

We read the bible and have devotions together every day. However, as far as going to church, we,ve both learned not to go to one too long, once they find out that we are together....... well lets just say its not nice. We dont blame that on God its just the way people are.

Once you become a christian, You really feel it in your heart. And its been 18 yrs. and I'm sorry, gay and christain having faith and still beleiving, loving God ! No one can break God and I up.

Just wish we'd quit getting pushed out of churchs !

That is so true with my situation. Well it's starting to manifest it's self out like that. I myself am an Episcopalian, I've been going to this one church for like 15 years of my life and it's my home church and I loved going there because everyone in the parish was really friendly. But now supposedly they are finding out that I'm gay. I was told this yesterday from my sister caused my mom told her. Turns out like the youth group were cleaning the kitchen and they decided to have a prayer circle about me (Like that scene in "Saved"). And pretty much that pisses me off because I know in my heart that I was born gay. I didn't choose a life of persecution. But due to the closed-mindedness of my church, they choose not to accept people for who they are.

Anyway, My parents and friends of the family are deciding on leaving the church and searching for another Episcopal church. It's sad to see our church going downhill but it's their own fault. And also, I don't care dropping the friendship I have with the people at church because I have a far more better group of friends up here at school that accept me for who I am.

Craiggers "As my friend puts it, "Your Here, Your Queer, We don't give a Damn" K.

Well it's up to the person to believe what they want to believe. I respect your ideas Space Freak and I respect you for that. I just say what God placed in my heart to say. That's my job in this world, to talk to others about God's love for them and to love rollercoasters!!! 8)

That's my job in this world, to talk to others about God's love for them and to love rollercoasters!!! 8)

What do you mean? You mean to tell me that I'm supposed to like roller coasters too? What are you trying to do? Convert me to ALL of your beliefs???? I'm just playing.

<>

Oh, and Thank you for being able to have a civil conversation about this topic. You just gained a ton of respect from me. Too many times do i have this conversation with it boiling down to "I'm right, now deal with it." Thank you.

Rob

First off, I have to say I'm VERY impressed with this topic.

Usually when people get into the realm of religion it turns into a big flame war because people just don't know how to respect peoples beliefs, or lack thereof.

I have seen these things erupt into huge fights on lots of different sites. I mean, one of my best friends (Robb) is an athiest, and I believe in God. It's not an issue. I don't try to convert him, he doesn't try to un-convert me. It's called respect, and we need to have it for people regardless of their religion.

I should have elaborated myself on my original post. I did not grow up in the church, started going when I was about 16. I was even going to school to become a pastor at one point in my life.

I then made some "mistakes" (I don't consider them mistakes, but the church sure does). My wife (then my fiance') got pregnant out of wedlock and things really started to change for us in our church life. We got married before our daughter was born (married almost 10 years now) but it seemed that was never enough for our so called "Friends" in the church. Not all, but alot never quite looked at us the same way.

We did end up staying in that church for a few more years though. We then decided to move to a bigger church in hopes that we could put things behind us and start anew. Of course, with a bigger church, comes bigger problems. It seemed, to me, that they were only interested in $$ and how many people were sitting in the pews each sunday. I mean, you even had to go to "Class" to become a member. That, to me, was ridiculous.

That was about 5 years ago now and we haven't been back since.

We still believe in God, and Jesus but we just see so many problems with the modern church that it's hard for us to even attempt to find a place where we live now. I just think that alot of people who claim to speak for God are complete idiots

The biggest problem with the Christian church is the people

I was lucky when I lived in Santa Cruz, and had a great Pastor who actually cared for the people in the church, he worked a regular job, and contributed to the church and never took money from our small church

he really was what a pastor should be

I'm not saying its wrong for a church to support thier pastor, I just think that when it becomes an issue of "if I get more butts in the seats, I get a pay raise"

Spiritualist here.

As far as the Worship thread goes, i thought it was funny.

I don't see any connections btwn Robb and David Karesh (sp?) or Jimmy Jones.

But imagine a coaster cult. (yep, truly the makings of a bad musical play. like a 60-120 mph Grease.) okay, i'll be quiet now.

I'm a practicing Catholic and have been all my life. I used to not care about it but the last couple of years I've been able to see and appreciate the depth of the faith and I find I'm more at peace when I'm the most open to it.

I hope this doesn't start some kind of arguement but I personally feel that agnostic is the worst thing to claim yourself to be. Saying that you're sitting on the fence means you're just trying to be safe.

Like Gregg, I'm impressed how everyone here has been respectful of everyone else's opinions. On pretty much any other site, this topic would have already been closed and about five hundred people banned...

Anyway, I don't believe. I've tried in the past, read the bible a couple of times, went to churches of different denominations, and in the end this is just something that doesn't do anything for me. If other people want to believe, I have no problem with it, until someone decides they must "save" me. Then there is trouble...

dt