TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IMPORTANT QUESTION! How do you prefer to read TPR Updates?

How do you prefer to read TPR Updates?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to read TPR Updates?

• Forum
    • Park Index

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the weekly emails that give a link to the "new" or updated stuff that is happening on the forum pages. Also instead of having the same question asked over and over about how to do a park to maximize time, maybe you could have a place under each park in the index with the best of the opinions instead of multiple posts under each forum. That way people could utilize the index for that instead of clogging up each forum with the same scenarios of which ride to hit fist and so on.....

On the "both" side of things but with a HEAVY lean towards the Park Index. I often miss reports in the forums but have spent hours digging around in the Park Index and loved every minute of it. It is the one place where I know I can find what I am wanting to see, find it quickly and not have to dig through post after post from other members about how much they love or hate Millennium Force while looking for parts 2 or 3 of the Trip Report.

Edited by dmaxsba2408

I have always liked the layout of the park index updates. The forum updates can get lost in the forums after awhile.

Maybe do the park index updates but post a link and a summary or preview report on the forum with a few photos or the best photos? That that way the discussion on the reports can go on?

I like both, honestly. How about a "compressed" version in the forums with a "Check out more in the Park Index" link?

I like both, honestly. How about a "compressed" version in the forums with a "Check out more in the Park Index" link?

That requires a lot more work as then that means two different version of a report have to be made whereas if I post it to both I just simply copy/paste the code from the park index to the forum.

--Robb "Work smarter...not harder!" Alvey

Honestly, I like what you've been doing recently, creating a nicer, more formal index report and posting a link in the Official TPR Update Thread. This allows for the best of both worlds, a nice looking report that's easily accessible from the park index and a place for form discussion about the update.

I don't post to often but I've been lurking around for years. I prefer the park index. I like the forum posts as well but if I want to go through a picture trip report I don't like it being broken up by others comments, though I do like to read them when I'm done.

I prefer both. Hunting through threads is kind of a pain so having the solo pages in the index is fantastic for when you're just interested in checking out the parks. Initially posting them in the forum is great, though, as it spurs discussion.

I really do like both, but if I had to choose, I prefer the forum. I like watching the discussions, reactions, and feedback to the updates, and since I'm on the forum more than the index, I see them here first; but those are really the only perk (in my opinion) that it has over the park index format. The park index format is classic, and what drew me to the site in the first place. If I feel like marathoning through previous trip reports, then the park index is the way to go.

Both, I like seeing discussion with some reports, but then there are times where I just want all the pictures and report and no discussion. Though I think it also boils down to what device I'm using, Park Index seems to like my iPad better and loads nicer.

Even if you guys don't cross post, maybe a sticky thread with the trip reports in the park index could be done?

I like both, but which I prefer really depends on the type of report. For shorter reports, such as media days or a general update for a park, I'd rather just read the forum post. With longer updates, such as TPR trips and events, I prefer looking through the park index as I can then read the entire report without being interrupted with pages of comments between each day. I voted forum simply because I won't see it in the park index unless there is a link posted on the home page, but I will read reports either way.