TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hotgo Park in Fushun China

Having just written the China Guide for 2014 I was amazed to find there was no thread for HotGo Park.

Under Construction in Fushun. One of the parks that the Gravity Group announced would be getting a new wooden coaster this park is due to open in 2015 and already has an almost completed hotel which looks to have strong disney influence. The hotel on its own is worth a thread.

Originally called Fushun Dreamworld the park and hotel was designed by the Goddard Group and they have a load of images on their site. More images can be found at Rhetroactive.

The park is also expected to get 3 Vekoma coasters including a launched ride, a suspended family coaster and a mine train.

Fushun is already home to the insane 515ft Ring Of Life. And yes you can take a ride to the top.

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2013/06/ring-of-life-515-feet-ring-of-steel-in.html

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

This Gravity Group woodie is under way too

The ride will have a total track length of 1,200 meters (4000ft) and a maximum speed of 94km/h (58mph) as well as featuring tunnels and at least one 90 degree banked turn. layout below

Source: VHCoasters

Edited by Gutterflower

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it is because they're using wooden supports, but I'm kind of surprised that they didn't support the bottom of that drop/hill similar to Ravine Flyer II where it is bridged in sections and limited the amount footers used (which I'm not sure if that was the purpose with Ravine Flyer II, but it would seem to make sense here). That is just a lot of concrete. Can anybody recall footers that tall for any roller coaster?

Humm... I see the shadow of Ocean Kingdom's hotel.

I was thinking more "merge Magic Kingdom's castle with Disneyland Paris' Disneyland Hotel."

It does look purty, though!

• 3 weeks later...

^ Awesome! I personally don't mind the Timberliner trains and felt they worked just fine on Twister and Wooden Warrior. Hades 360 on the other hand was brutal (although they tracked just fine through the new section!)

Looking forward to these new coasters!

So I remember reading on TGG's website that at least two of these coasters they're designing for China are supposed to have an inversion. Does anybody know which one or if any of them will have inversions at all? Just curious to see how TGG's designs them into the their newer layouts and how it differentiates from the layouts of the RMC looping woodies.

^ *cough* Goliath and Outlaw Run *cough*

I sorta mean the "old-style" ones. China gets a lot more, even if they are a bit less intense. They still look cool (Voyage and RFII are good coasters from what I've heard.)

I get what you mean. Still, given that you already have a few of those there, I don't think I would mind getting these "new-school" ones now if I lived there.

^ *cough* Goliath and Outlaw Run *cough*

I sorta mean the "old-style" ones. China gets a lot more, even if they are a bit less intense. They still look cool (Voyage and RFII are good coasters from what I've heard.)

I get what you mean. Still, given that you already have a few of those there, I don't think I would mind getting these "new-school" ones now if I lived there.

Yeah, I don't mind the RMC bubble. I just see all these super-interesting woodies in China. Of course, the US has recently gotten Gold Striker, which is awesome.

One thing China has over the US - Mega-Lites. The US may have I305 and NTAG, but Asia has small parks that have jumped on the opportunity to build an airtime machine.

So I remember reading on TGG's website that at least two of these coasters they're designing for China are supposed to have an inversion. Does anybody know which one or if any of them will have inversions at all? Just curious to see how TGG's designs them into the their newer layouts and how it differentiates from the layouts of the RMC looping woodies.

Two of the four coasters for Fantawild will have inversion(s) and use Timberliners. The other two will use PTC trains.

I'm pretty sure TGG have sold at least 6 new woodies to China now with Fantawild buying 5 of them (the 6th being this one at Hotgo). The new cultural parks in Jinan, Wuhu and Hangzhou will get the inversion toting woodies with the Timberliners (I imagine they will be clones) with Zhuzhou and Zhengzhou getting the PTC ones.

Heres a copy of M&V's advert in a recent Asia Attractions magazine for those who are interested.

807530155_MampV.thumb.jpg.9c71e677b03d61a72af5ccf1b4807f81.jpg

• 1 month later...