TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2014 - TICKETS ON SALE!

I just got my tickets to both days, pretty excited! I missed out last year...

So there's 3-5 of us heading to USH on Friday the 5th, does anyone else plan on hitting up USH? Wanna meet up?

And also, Robb:

Is there any possibility of Magic Mountain having any coupons for us, specifically for Hurricane Harbor? I vaguely remember past WCB's where they gave us coupons for various things throughout the park, and my group was considering heading to Hurricane Harbor during the afternoon between lunch and night ERT.

Anyone have any links or sources for coupons to Hurricane Harbor? TIA...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So since a few other people have mentioned extra plans outside of Saturday and Sunday, I'll throw mine into the mix -

The girlfriend and I are going to be spending Monday and Tuesday, September 8th and 9th, at Disneyland. Is anyone else planning on visiting? We can race each other in Radiator Springs, or just abuse FastPass together. Whatever works. We're flexible.

So there's 3-5 of us heading to USH on Friday the 5th, does anyone else plan on hitting up USH? Wanna meet up?

Our flight gets in just before 9am and we are planning on getting a car and heading there on Friday.

The girlfriend and I are going to be spending Monday and Tuesday, September 8th and 9th, at Disneyland. Is anyone else planning on visiting? We can race each other in Radiator Springs, or just abuse FastPass together. Whatever works. We're flexible.

Are those days set? We were originally going to go the 9th-11th until we saw the rehab schedule and changed to 10th-12th. Anyone else have any other plans set?

Are those days set? We were originally going to go the 9th-11th until we saw the rehab schedule and changed to 10th-12th. Anyone else have any other plans set?

I was just looking at the schedule and it didn't look like anything that major was closed for that entire week.

I was just looking at the schedule and it didn't look like anything that major was closed for that entire week.

I do know Dapper Days is on Friday Sept 12th at Disneyland, I will be attending that as well.. It's not an official park event but it'll be interesting.

I do know Dapper Days is on Friday Sept 12th at Disneyland, I will be attending that as well.. It's not an official park event but it'll be interesting.

Oh, that's good to know. Dapper Days was one of the single worst days I've ever had at the park so I'll be staying FAAAAAAAR away from that!!!

Oh, that's good to know. Dapper Days was one of the single worst days I've ever had at the park so I'll be staying FAAAAAAAR away from that!!!

Haha. Oh no!!! I thought it would be interesting, well I guess I will have to look into something else then. :-\

^ It's "interesting" if you want to hang out with a few thousands overly pretentious, self-entitled Southern Californians that all think they are better than you because they are wearing silly clothes. Seriously, while a handful of the people we ran into were "nice", most of them were completely obnoxious and made the day unbearable. I'd rather be around Brazilian tour groups at Walt Disney World, that's how bad they were.

Ok, on second thought, I'd rather be around NEITHER of them! lol

We have never been to DL and don't know if we will get back. Their schedule shows California Screamin' down the 9th-11th and Haunted Mansion opening on the 12th for Halloween Time. If you have any other insight or an opinion on whether Saturday the 13th would be better than Dapper Days please let me know. I've been trying to work out our itinerary and keep reading conflicting reports which is making that difficult. I'd love to hear what SoCal experts think.

Space Mountain is closed September 8th through 11th for its Ghost Galaxy refit. We're aware that we'll be missing out on that and Haunted Mansion (also down for the refit). California Screamin' is going down on the 9th for some kind of maintenance, so we'll just ride the crap out of it on Monday they 8th, haha.

I DO know, however, that Indy will be up. This pleases me. I'm sure the ride ops are going to get extremely tired of my goofy arse.

We have never been to DL and don't know if we will get back. Their schedule shows California Screamin' down the 9th-11th and Haunted Mansion opening on the 12th for Halloween Time. If you have any other insight or an opinion on whether Saturday the 13th would be better than Dapper Days please let me know. I've been trying to work out our itinerary and keep reading conflicting reports which is making that difficult. I'd love to hear what SoCal experts think.

Are you by any chance going to be in town on the 15th and 16th? That's when the girlfriend and I visited last September. You won't get the classic Space Mountain or Haunted Mansion as they'll both be in Halloween mode (Ghost Galaxy and Nightmare Before Christmas) but you'll be able to ride. Also, like I mentioned earlier, the park is EMPTY. Weekends you're still playing with fire, but Monday through Thursday there's no need for FastPass.

Are you by any chance going to be in town on the 15th and 16th? That's when the girlfriend and I visited last September. You won't get the classic Space Mountain or Haunted Mansion as they'll both be in Halloween mode

Unfortunately our flight leaves Sunday morning the 14th. I figure we can go to DL on the 10th & 11th and do a lot. We'd just like to know if it would be better to go Friday or Saturday to hit the reopenings and Halloween time. Any thoughts about that?

^^ I'd be iffy about it. It won't be summer or Christmas packed but it will have a crowd. Honestly if you guys know how to use FastPass and have no problem abusing single rider lines you'll be fine. Our last visit in May had pretty huge crowds but we still managed to get everything thanks to those two things, just not multiple times. You'll be able to see and do most of, if not all of, the parks, you just won't be going on everything a bunch of times like you would if you hit the parks during the week.

Are you getting park hoppers or one park per day passes? If you have one park per day I'd recommend Disneyland on Friday and California Adventure on Saturday. With hoppers it really won't matter as you can just bounce back and forth if you feel one park it too crowded.

Also, whenever you do California Adventure make it a priority to get your FastPasses for World Of Color immediately after park opening. If you don't get one and are stuck with general admission you'll only see 10% of the show, if that. General admission is crap. Either pray for Blue Zone from FastPass or get one of the dining reservation packages with the reserved seating. If you don't have a problem with getting drenched, and you shouldn't (since it's a friggin' water show that will blow your mind), get as close to the front center as possible. If you don't want to get wet, hang back about two tiers towards the center. You won't be able to see the water-level laser craziness, but you'll still be able to see the water screens, fountains, and aerial lasers.

^^. Thanks for the WOC info - that will help. We are planning on getting the SoCal pass which includes a 3 day hopper and will be there on Wednesday and Thursday but wondering whether Friday or Saturday would be best for the third day to hit the just opened attractions and Halloween time. We have never been to DL an may never get back so we want to do as much as possible!

^ Friday, then. Definitely. Also, you'll be able to see the incredibleness of Fantasmic! If you've seen it in Orlando, you've seen the crap version. Fantasmic! at Disneyland is the same general show but with a BUNCH of new elements and many, many, many more explosions. Also a gigantic animatronic dragon that shoots fire in your face.

If you're interested, here's the videos I took back in 2011. World Of Color has since been updated with new animations and new segments. Fantasmic! is still the same.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/9nbDiA3u5XY[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

^ It's "interesting" if you want to hang out with a few thousands overly pretentious, self-entitled Southern Californians that all think they are better than you because they are wearing silly clothes. Seriously, while a handful of the people we ran into were "nice", most of them were completely obnoxious and made the day unbearable. I'd rather be around Brazilian tour groups at Walt Disney World, that's how bad they were.

Ok, on second thought, I'd rather be around NEITHER of them! lol

^This. I'm still undecided whether the Dapper or half-marathon crowd rates higher for total number of validation-seeking, pretentious people.