TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Drum Corps International

Hi! It's been a while since I've posted on this site at all, but I was just wondering, is there anyone on here who has or is currently marching DCI? If so, where and when? I'm marching my rookie year with Spirit of Atlanta this summer in the color guard.

I'd love to hear awesome stories from seasons past too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Blue Knights Alumni from 1994-1995. It's amazing to see how much corps have changed over the years. Those 2 summers were so physically and mentally exhausting but also the funnest and craziest times I ever had. I wanted to quit a lot but just couldn't do it. I was just focused on finishing off the summer at the finals. Finals is the best.

Post updates on here and let us know how you're doing for your first year in corps.

I'm Blue Knights Alumni from 1994-1995.

I think I may have seen you perform. I remember seeing the Blue Knights compete at Drums Along The Bay in Hampton, VA one of those years. The competition was late in the season, a week before DCI finals. I believe Phantom Regiment won that show and I think you guys were either second or third.

Awesome! Have a great summer.

I marched DCI 1984 and 1985 with the Sacramento Freelancers, then 1986 and 1987 with the Madison Scouts. All four years in the color guard.

Drum Corps is an amazing experience, even if the activity has changed so much over the years. I have memories and friends from those years that I will never forget.

I think I may have seen you perform. I remember seeing the Blue Knights compete at Drums Along The Bay in Hampton, VA one of those years. The competition was late in the season, a week before DCI finals. I believe Phantom Regiment won that show and I think you guys were either second or third.

Yeh 1994 was our better year. 1995 didn't go as well since we had a new drill writer and well.....it wasn't that great. LOL

Hey Ron, big fan of the Scouts! My favorite Scout shows was 1988 when they did Malaguena and 1993 when they did Strawberry Soup. Wish I could have done guard but I was a lead soprano in 1994 and a Mellophone in 1995.

My mom's best friends son (essentially a cousin) was the top bass in 97 and snare in 98 for the Blue Devils. He's a marching instructor for them now.

Hey Ron, big fan of the Scouts! My favorite Scout shows was 1988 when they did Malaguena and 1993 when they did Strawberry Soup.

'88 was a hard year for me, having to watch from the sidelines after aging out. I'm happy for all my friends that got to travel to Europe that summer, and then take home the DCI ring for first place. But, I will always be a Madison Scout. The brotherhood is an amazing experience, and I was fortunate to have participated in the Alumni Corps Project and take the field again at Camp Randall Stadium in 2006.

That's awesome. Sucks to age out a year before a ring but the experience still lives with you forever. I always wanted to do guard and I did rifles in my high school Winter Guard but at the time Blue Knights guard was all female and my soprano skills is what got me in. I would have totally loved to do guard.

Unfortunately, there aren't any All Age Drum Corps near you, or you could march guard.

I did several years in the San Francisco Renegades. I had a lot of fun, and just rehearsing on the weekends makes marching and keeping the job possible.

866210434_Renegades09.jpg.ae7dd8b722698ad22da05583b6570b7f.jpg

DCA 2009 - Renegades

I'm the one in the middle.