TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme park mega holiday

Hey, first time posting here, have lurked for a while but not i guess i have some input. Not sure I'm posting in the right section but im sure il be redirected to where ever. Ok so here goes,

Me and some friends just booked a trip to the US and A ( sorry had to do it in the borat accent) and my first thoughts were of course which theme parks to visit while on the trip. I have been a huge rollercoaster enthusist since a teenager but here in australia we dont go too many of them. For years ive been looking on the net at all the theme parks in america, and like a little kid i would plan my visits, which rides to go on, which attractions to see etc and do itenaries for them all lol. I know loser right!! But when it finally set in that i was indeed traveling to the US and A, ive come to a huge problem..... Which parks do i actually go to?? Obviously i cant be selfish and spend the whole 5 week trip at theme parks since im with others but i do want to do a fair share of them. Now we are planning to stay in LA, vegas, miami, san fran, new york, new jersey, canada and maybe chicago. What i would like to ask you lovely folk is which are the better parks to visit in these cities. I gotta toss up between disneyland or disneyworld, universal studios cali or orlando, seaworld san diego

Or orlando? If i get the opportunity to travel elsewhere in the country do i do cedar point, silver dollar city, dollywood, kings domain? Arghhh too many choices!! Lol. I know this is an opinion based topic but would love thoughts on it. I think ive given enough info on the trip. Oh yeh and we travelling in late august through to the end of september.

Thank you

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sir, is a very ambitious trip. Are you driving everywhere? If so that opens up a lot of park hopping opportunity for you, but that also would be insane given that you plan on doing both coasts. Disney is a given, especially if you've never been to any disney park before. And then there's Cedar Point. Not that its the best park by any means, but a trip to CP seems like the one "must-do" for every enthusiast. Good luck with your travels sir, and might I strongly suggest stopping by Chicago!

Hey, first time posting here, have lurked for a while but not i guess i have some input. Not sure I'm posting in the right section but im sure il be redirected to where ever. Ok so here goes,

Me and some friends just booked a trip to the US and A ( sorry had to do it in the borat accent) and my first thoughts were of course which theme parks to visit while on the trip. I have been a huge rollercoaster enthusist since a teenager but here in australia we dont go too many of them. For years ive been looking on the net at all the theme parks in america, and like a little kid i would plan my visits, which rides to go on, which attractions to see etc and do itenaries for them all lol. I know loser right!! But when it finally set in that i was indeed traveling to the US and A, ive come to a huge problem..... Which parks do i actually go to?? Obviously i cant be selfish and spend the whole 5 week trip at theme parks since im with others but i do want to do a fair share of them. Now we are planning to stay in LA, vegas, miami, san fran, new york, new jersey, canada and maybe chicago. What i would like to ask you lovely folk is which are the better parks to visit in these cities. I gotta toss up between disneyland or disneyworld, universal studios cali or orlando, seaworld san diego

Or orlando? If i get the opportunity to travel elsewhere in the country do i do cedar point, silver dollar city, dollywood, kings domain? Arghhh too many choices!! Lol. I know this is an opinion based topic but would love thoughts on it. I think ive given enough info on the trip. Oh yeh and we travelling in late august through to the end of september.

Thank you

LA: SFMM

Vegas: just the random coasters along the strip, but the coasters aren't the best part of vegas. the strip it self it phemomenal. But if you're a daredevil, can't miss out on the stratosphere.

Miami: stop by orlando no doubt. Universal is a fantastic experience. If you have time, Tampa is cool too, and busch gardens is there, which is a very good park.

NY/NJ: Stop by six flags great adventure! you can't miss it! its a fantastic park that shouldn't be missed!

Disneyland or world? Disney World.

US hollywood or US florida? Florida.

Seaworld san diego or orlando? orlando.

Of cedar point, SDC, dollywood, and KD, I would hit CP by far.

My personal top 5 fav parks in the US:

-Cedar Point

-SF Magic Mountain

-SF Great Adventure

-SF Great America

-Kings Island

What I recommend doing is picking up a six flags pass and/or a cedar fair platinum pass so that you can hit up a lot of these parks. You'll save a lot of money. If you're going to disney, then the 4 park to park pass is the best value, but thats a big time commitment. The 2 universal parks aren't to be missed if you are in orlando, and I'd personally choose Universal over Disney, but thats just me. It also depends on what you're interested in. Depending on what part of canada you're in, Canada's Wonderland has lots of coasters. You strike me more as a coaster guy, so I tried to give you the best places where you'll get to ride some pretty incredible coasters.

Just my 2 cents. Hope this helped.

Ok wow wasnt expecting such quick responses lol thats soo cool!

I totally forgot about busch gardens!! Again its such a tough descion to make especially since going to theme parks is a whole day trip. So i cant visit them all which sucks so much! Lol

Heres what im thinking, given parks are disneyworld, six flag magic mountain, universal studios orlando, six flags great adventure, busch gardens., knotts berry farm.

Now cedar point is high up there but depends on the travel arrangments we have. Not to sure on where everything is but is cedar point near indianapolis? Because i may be there for the NHRA nationals .

Also if there are any nice folk out there who would like to accompany me and my friends ( 3 lovely aussie ladies) to any of these parks feel free to let me know. Would be awesome

To have an experienced guide to help us enjoy the best the US theme parks have to

Offer

For this ambitious trip, I do recommend going to BOTH Orlando and Southern California as these are the two places in the United States where there is a large cluster of parks in a small area. For the East Coast and the Midwest, I do not live there and do not have much personal experience with the parks, so my opinion would not be valid.

Since you are going in late August and early September, many amusement parks have weekend-only operation, so be careful about that for non-theme parks.

If it helps, I made an amusement park map some time ago of the US parks: http://www.screaminsider.com/download/file.php?id=498

(Though, I put a good dosage of minor parks that can be skipped on such a large trip.)

LA: SFMM

Vegas: just the random coasters along the strip, but the coasters aren't the best part of vegas. the strip it self it phemomenal. But if you're a daredevil, can't miss out on the stratosphere.

Los Angeles is much more than SFMM and I don't understand why this park is singled out. While I do recommend for this person to go to SFMM, there is also Universal Studios, Knott's, & Disneyland all in Los Angeles' vicinity. About Vegas, the park that stands out is obviously Adventuredome (since it really is the only full-fledged amusement park in Nevada). Stratosphere has rather pricy rides and if the original poster doesn't have much of an interest in these rides, I do not recommend doing it. Also, Buffalo Bill's can just be a credit stop for one hour for Desperado.

Ok wow wasnt expecting such quick responses lol thats soo cool!

I totally forgot about busch gardens!! Again its such a tough descion to make especially since going to theme parks is a whole day trip. So i cant visit them all which sucks so much! Lol

Heres what im thinking, given parks are disneyworld, six flag magic mountain, universal studios orlando, six flags great adventure, busch gardens., knotts berry farm.

Now cedar point is high up there but depends on the travel arrangments we have. Not to sure on where everything is but is cedar point near indianapolis? Because i may be there for the NHRA nationals .

Also if there are any nice folk out there who would like to accompany me and my friends ( 3 lovely aussie ladies) to any of these parks feel free to let me know. Would be awesome

To have an experienced guide to help us enjoy the best the US theme parks have to

Offer

From a quick Google Search, Indianapolis is a little over four hours away from Cedar Point.

I would try out Disneyland since you would already be in Southern California. Both Disneyland and Disney World are unique in their own respects, so I would recommend doing both, if possible.

Going to cp is something that any enthusiast should do at least once. Whatever you end up doing, make sure that you go there. Kings island is also only a four hour drive and holidayworld is only three hours from kings island. I did all three last year and had an awesome trip.

If you do get to go to Chicago, I would recommend stopping by Six Flags Great America. It's got such a charm to it, and should be a must stop with Goliath opening this year. Obviously I'm not an expert on New Jersey parks but stop by Six Flags Great Adventure for El Toro and maybe go to Morey's Piers if you can. If you are willing to go out of the way, go to Connecticut and stop by Lake Compounce for Boulder Dash, and maybe Quassy for Wooden Warrior.

^ I think that a lot of those are great places to stop, but it seems that since he doesn't have a whole lot of time to visit and go to parks, so a lot of those smaller places aren't "must visits." If you have the time, then great. I'd also like to throw in Hersheypark, if you have the time or are in the area. They have a fantastic line up. If you're hitting up SFGAdv, then it isn't a whole lot farther away from that. You could easily do both of those parks in 2 days. That'd be a better use of your time then hitting disneyland and disney world. And honestly, about the comment above about visiting Disneyland and World, I'd say just hit one of them. If you're a big disney fan, then thats a different case and you'll want to hit both of them. But I have been to both and they are close enough alike that you won't be suffering if you miss out on one of them. I'd use my time wisely with this trip you're making, so going to disney would would probably be a better use of time as opposed to visiting land and world. However the comments above about Knott's and Buffalo Bills make total sense, since you'll be in the area. I think it would be smart to hit up both of those places. Knotts isn't a whole lot farther away from SFMM, that you could do both in 2 days while in LA.

Thanks for all the info guys. Ive narrowed down my searches and although i want to see them all, i have to be realistic abd choose only a select few. 10 should keep me happy lol. Ive decided to do disneyworld instead of disneyland. Been doing alot of research and it seems disneyworld has more to offer. Same with universal studios, both seem similar so ive choosen world of adventure in florida and US hollywood.

LA

SIX FLAG MAGIC MOUNTAIN

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD

KNOTTS BERRY FARM

FLORIDA

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS WOA

BUSCH GARDENS

DISNEYWORLD ( 2 days)

NY/NJ

SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE

CHICAGO

SIX FLAGS GREAT AMERICA

CEDAR POINT

HERSHEY PARK OR KINGS ISLANDS

POSSIBILITES

DOLLYWOOD & SILVER DOLLAR CITY

Im going to hire a car which seems the best option for some

Of the parks. I will post dates soon once we have finalised all our flights and itenary so if anyone is keen to show us around and is in the area around the same time feel free to let me know

I personally think you should consider going to more of the non-corporate theme parks. It's not that I don't have too much of a problem with the big names like six flags, its just that I feel you will get a more well rounded idea about parks in the U.S. if you do. But I know how tough it can be narrowing stuff down. I'm sure regardless you'll have an amazing time.

You may want to fit more days at WDW. Two days seems like a really short amount of time to experience the four theme parks, especially if it's your first time. Unless you have a good attack plan or you plan to cut stuff out, I'd recommend 3-4 days instead of the two. That should give you time to at least hit the signature stuff. Uni Orlando has a few rides that Hollywood doesn't have, plus if you're a huge Harry Potter fan, I'd recommend just skipping Hollywood and doing both Islands and Studios in Florida. That way you get to do both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

Throw Hersheypark into your NYC itinerary. It's a lot closer there than it is to Ohio. The closest major PA park to CP is Kennywood. I don't think you can go wrong with either park.

If you plan to rent a car and drive to parks, I'd recommend sticking with parks in a certain region of the country. Central Florida and So Cal both have a huge cluster of parks, but outside of those two areas, parks are scattered all over the place. The Northeast has a higher concentration of parks compared to most places so I'd use NYC, Boston, DC, and Philly as base camps and travel to parks between those cities. That way you have less driving days and more park days.

I personally think you should consider going to more of the non-corporate theme parks.

which parks would you suggest instead of them? im open to any ideas

You may want to fit more days at WDW. Two days seems like a really short amount of time to experience the four theme parks, especially if it's your first time. Unless you have a good attack plan or you plan to cut stuff out, I'd recommend 3-4 days instead of the two. That should give you time to at least hit the signature stuff. Uni Orlando has a few rides that Hollywood doesn't have, plus if you're a huge Harry Potter fan, I'd recommend just skipping Hollywood and doing both Islands and Studios in Florida. That way you get to do both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

i would love to spend 4 days at disneyworld but it all comes down to timing. i dont think we are spending much time down in miami and orlando so i dont want to use all that time up for disneyworld. again i have to consider my friends and they have other things they would want to do while there. hence why doing universal studios hollywood would be better suited for our trip since we are spending more time in LA. but yeh i agree Universal orlando does look better than the Hollywood park lol

If you plan to rent a car and drive to parks, I'd recommend sticking with parks in a certain region of the country. Central Florida and So Cal both have a huge cluster of parks, but outside of those two areas, parks are scattered all over the place. The Northeast has a higher concentration of parks compared to most places so I'd use NYC, Boston, DC, and Philly as base camps and travel to parks between those cities. That way you have less driving days and more park days.

we dont plan on driving across the country just from the city we staying in to whatever destination. we will be flying out from the major cities but driving around from there. im still learning where everything is in america but how close are NYC,boston and Philly roughly from each other?

but how close are NYC,boston and Philly roughly from each other?

With light traffic: Philly to NYC is 2.5 hours, NYC to Boston is 3.5 - 4 hours. It all depends on your exact start and end points in each city.

Edited by larrygator

Since you are going in late August and early September, many amusement parks have weekend-only operation, so be careful about that for non-theme parks.

I was just going to mention this. Obviously that makes things a bit more challenging to work around. This won't be a problem for Disney or Universal but would be for most other parks.

I personally think that what you have is great. 2 days at Disney is fine. U probably won't be able to do all four parks, but it's ok. As for Kings Island or Hershey, that's a tough one. I think KI makes sense to do, and is a legendary park. But that truly is a tough choice and either way your gonna be happy with your choice. They both are Great parks.

I know you already made a list, but based on the destinations listed in your initial post I would recommend picking your parks from these

Los Angeles: All these parks are within a 2 hour drive of downtown Los Angeles...most are within 1 hour if there is light traffic. Also, feel free to ask me specific questions about any of these parks as all of them are local to me and I visit most of them regularly.

Disneyland Resort: Recommend 2 or 3 days here...if you'd only have one day, skip this park. Also, pick either Disneyland or Walt Disney World, not both.

Knott's Berry Farm

SeaWorld San Diego (pick one: Orlando or San Diego)

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Note: Don't waste time with Universal Studios Hollywood

Florida: Never visited Florida so don't rely on just these recommendations

Busch Gardens Tampa

SeaWorld Orlando (pick one: Orlando or San Diego)

Universal Orlando Resort: You'll probably need 2 days here...if you only have one, just do one park

Walt Disney World: Honestly, if you aren't willing/able to spend at least 3 days here (ideally you'd probably want 4 or 5), you're probably better off visiting Disneyland instead. Otherwise, most people would recommend WDW.

New York/New Jersey: All transit times are approximate from New York City

Hersheypark: Never been here, but will be visiting this summer (3 hours from New York City)

Knoebels: Same deal as Hersheypark (3 hours)

Lake Compounce (2 hours)

Six Flags Great Adventure: Pick this OR New England (1 1/2 hours)

Six Flags New England: Pick this OR Great Adventure (2 1/2 hours)

Chicago: Never been to these parks either, but will be visiting SFGAm this summer. All transit times are approximate from Chicago.

Michigan's Adventure: This one would probably be a half day at best and wouldn't be worth it unless you're driving to Cedar Point (3 1/2 hours)

Six Flags Great America (1 hour)

Other than these, the only other park I'd maybe consider would be Cedar Point, and only if you could spend multiple days there. There are some other great parks in the US (Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood, Holiday World, etc.) but they are too far from any of your planned destinations and the list above should give you plenty to choose from if you've only got a 10 park allowance.

A few other general notes:

1. Be aware of park operating schedules. If you are visiting in August/September, parks may be weekend only, which will limit the number of parks you can hit.

2. For parks that exist in both California and Florida (Disney, SeaWorld, Universal), pick one and don't bother with the other. My personal recommendations would be...

Disney: Disneyland if you've only got 2 or 3 days for the parks, Walt Disney World if you've got 4 or more

SeaWorld: Orlando...pretty much everything in San Diego is there plus additional attractions. If you don't have time, San Diego is a decent alternative.

Universal: Orlando, definitely Orlando...Hollywood is only worth visiting if you really want to see the backlot where movies are filmed (you likely won't see any filming, just sets). All the rides are duplicated in the Orlando parks.

3. If you will be driving between destinations, you can check for theme parks along your route. I only looked near the destinations listed.

4. If you will be visiting more than one Six Flags park, buy a Six Flags pass at your first stop. It is a great deal and will get you into all parks in the country. Don't bother with a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass unless you will be visiting more than 3 Cedar Fair parks (unlikely given your destinations unless you add a stop at Dorney Park).

5. The list above is by no means comprehensive, just what I think are the most worthwhile parks for an international traveler based on my experience, what I know about the parks, and a search on rcdb.

Lastly, have a good time. This is an ambitious trip, but it should be a blast.

thanks RCDUDE, that would a really imforative post. much appreciated. ive decided against seaworld for the trip. we have seaworld here in australia and although its better in the US, it is very similar. i guess il stay away from universal hollywood, been hearing the same things about the place lol. might have to add a few extra days in florida and do an extra day at WDW and universal.

i do have a few questions about the Cali parks. i didnt book the trip but if i had known i was going to visit the US i would have booked during the summer so the parks are open during the week lol. in saying that, the big parks like magic mountain and knotts, do you know if they are open during the week during this period? what are the crowds like that time of the year on weekends? any suggestions on best days or times to go? what rides to hit first?

^^ you wont need 2 days at Universal Orlando around September. Its pretty easy to hit all the major rides in one day. Allow for two if you can to see everythinggg, but if you only have 1 day, I would NOT reccomend only hitting one park...still attempt both. Also, if the date you visit Universal is a weekend around later in September, go to Halloween Horror Nights. It is bar none the best Halloween event in the country, despite its dip in quality in recent years. Seriously, dont miss it if you can go!

Edited by OrlandoGuy

All theme parks are pretty much daily operations from the last weekend of May to the first weekend of September (Memorial through Labor Weekend). Because schools reopen from mid-August to the day after Labor Day, crowds shouldn't be awful outside of the So Cal/Central Florida parks. Avoid weekends if possible. Weekdays at the parks should be ideal since crowds tend to die down somewhat. Just be sure to avoid Labor Day weekend and you should be good.

If you plan to visit in September/October, just realize most parks outside of the SoCal/Central Florida market will either be closed or operate on a weekend only basis. If you're into Halloween events, this is an ideal time to come however, parks will also be very crowded around this time if they do pull a haunt event.

I know the So Cal/Central Florida parks sell fastpasses in advance based on historic crowd levels. I'd check those or look at a crowd calendar (there are websites dedicated to that kind of stuff) to make plans. Just realize Florida Studios will be slammed because of the new DIagon Alley area.

This looks like a cool trip. I don't know how you can take a three day drive because I can't. Just make sure when your in Florida that you go to Bush Gardens, Seaworld and Universal IOA. I like Disney but if your looking for thrill rides then it's not the best but you definitly have to go. I live in Florida and Bush Gardens is my personal favorite. But my over all favorite park is Cedar Point with all it's coasters and. Intamin love. Make sure you stop there!

i do have a few questions about the Cali parks. i didnt book the trip but if i had known i was going to visit the US i would have booked during the summer so the parks are open during the week lol. in saying that, the big parks like magic mountain and knotts, do you know if they are open during the week during this period? what are the crowds like that time of the year on weekends? any suggestions on best days or times to go? what rides to hit first?

The answer to these questions will depend on whether you are visiting before or after Labor Day (the first Monday in September).

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Before Labor Day, SFMM will be open daily. Typically, the park opens at 10:30 A.M. Since the summer is winding down, they will probably close around 6 P.M. on weekdays and 8 or 9 P.M. on weekends. If visiting before Labor Day, I would definitely recommend visiting on a weekday (which one doesn't matter much). If you must go on a weekend, go on Sunday...summer Saturdays can generate 3 hour waits here. Crowds will probably be normal summer crowds, which means 45-90 minute waits for headliners and around 30 minute waits for other major attractions. Get there as early as practical (30 minutes before opening is usually sufficient) and head to Full Throttle first. From here, proceed around the park in a counter-clockwise fashion. You'll want to skip Scream and Colossus on your first pass, but other than that just hit the coasters as you reach them. After riding Tatsu, head to the top of the hill for Ninja and Superman, then go down the back and around, stopping at Colossus, Scream, and the kiddies on your way over to X2, Revolution, and Goliath. You should be able to get on all the coasters, but will likely have limited time for re-rides.

If you visit after Labor Day, SFMM is only open on weekends from 10:30 A.M. to 6 P.M. In this case, go on a Sunday, and you will find a fairly empty park. Most lines should be 15-20 minutes max, and even the park's most popular coasters won't exceed 45 minutes. If you are lucky, the park may even be completely dead. On an off-season day, you don't need a specific plan, just make sure to ride Full Throttle, Green Lantern, and Superman early as those are the park's low capacity coasters. If you are forced to visit on a Saturday after Labor Day, expect summer level crowding.

In the event that you visit SFMM (or any other Six Flags park) and the park is packed, you can purchase a Flash Pass, Six Flag's virtual queue system. Regular will allow you to reserve a spot in line and ride other rides while the system waits. You will have a virtual wait roughly equal to the actual wait for the attraction, and once your time arrives you go right to the station. You can reserve an unlimited number of rides during the day, but you must use a reservation before you reserve the next. Gold functions the same way, but your wait time is significantly reduced (typically 50-75% less than the actual wait). Platinum has an even larger reduction and you get to ride twice without getting off, but I highly advise you avoid this tier...not only is it insanely expensive, but you will make a lot of enemies when you take their seat. Do not pre-purchase Flash Pass unless you are forced into visiting on a Saturday before Labor Day, and if money is a concern I wouldn't recommend buying it unless all major attractions are 45+ minute waits.

Knott's Berry Farm: Unlike SFMM, KBF is open every day of the year (except Christmas). They open at 10 A.M. every day, but their closing time varies. Before Labor Day, it is typically 10 P.M. daily (sometimes 11 P.M. on Saturdays), but by late August it may be 8 or 9 P.M. instead. After Labor Day, expect closing times at 6 P.M. weekdays, 7 P.M. Sundays, and 10 P.M. Saturdays. No matter when you visit, a weekday is definitely preferable.

If you are visiting before Labor Day, expect normal summer crowds. Knott's doesn't get as crowded as SFMM, but you'll still find waits up to 60 minutes for headliners. Fortunately, most non-headliners tend to stay around 15 minutes on most weekdays. The best way to attack this park is to start in the Boardwalk, then progress counter-clockwise, passing through Ghost Town, Camp Snoopy, and Fiesta Village. It is rare that Knott's is busy enough to warrant purchasing a Fast Lane pass, so I recommend not buying one unless you are forced to visit on a Saturday before Labor Day. You will have plenty of time to ride everything and get whatever re-rides you want.

If you can visit on a weekday after Labor Day, as long as there isn't a special event going on you will find a dead park. The headliners will likely have lines of only 5-10 minutes, and almost everything else will be a walk-on. Even though the hours are shorter, you'll be able to do everything at will and may actually decide to leave early due to lack of stuff to do (Knott's only has a couple rides worth more than one or two goes). If you can't go on a weekday, Sundays are usually pretty dead as well, and even Saturdays aren't that bad (they are busier, but not as busy as pre-Labor Day).

Three more general tips involving these parks:

1. There are pros and cons to when you visit. If you go before Labor Day, you'll have crowds, but everything should be running. If you go after Labor Day, crowds will be minimal but rides may be closed for maintenance and/or you may have a lot of one train operations.

2. Avoid visiting on Labor Day weekend, but other than that you should be okay anytime in the window. If you are into Halloween events, those will start toward the end of September, so if you want to do those go as late as possible. SFMM's is included with admission while Knott's is a separate ticket.

3. If you happen to be in California in early/mid September, try to visit the parks during West Coast Bash (TPR's annual Southern California weekend event). That is the best way to see the parks, as you will get all kinds of perks such as ERT, backstage tours, and more (at least at Knott's...SFMM has gotten really stingy and gives the minimum amount of ERT to get people to go, but at least you still get ERT).

Let me know if you have any more questions.

You'll wanna pick Hershey over Kennywood. They're different, but you won't wanna miss out on Hersheypark. Everyone is telling you that you should have 4 days for Disneyworld, and thats fine and all if you're really into Disney, however if you're more into roller coaster parks then you would benefit more from using those other 2 days at other parks. When I went to Orlando, I only spent a day at Disney. Would I have liked more? Sure. But I would've rather have spent those other days at other florida parks. Its all about what you're into. So don't feel pressured to spend 4 days at Disney. But if you have the time and can afford to do all 4 disney parks in 4 days, then go for it.

If you're gonna go to both Cedar Point and Hershey park and you have an extra day, I'd have to say do go with Kennywood. It may not be as big of a park as CP or Hershey, but there are some real great classic rides like the turtle, auto race, and jackrabbit, and they also have the Phantom's Revenge, which is a pretty great ride. Of course I am biased as it's my home park, but still... If you don't have an extra day then forget it.

I reckon 2 days in disneyworld is enough for me. Well thats a lie i could spend 2 weeks there myself haha but my travelling companions wouldnt want to spend 4 days at the same park. Hersheypark is high on the list for me. Its a park i think all my friends would enjoy considering its run by a candy company lol. We may be changing our arrival date to the middle of august just for the fact we can do these parks during the week.