TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Opening day Alpina Blitz Nigloland

Hhappy

Great work Hanno!

I'm sold, it looks great. Interesting point about copying a layout, the guys who came with the Coney Island Cyclone would be owed a fair bit of cash. Speaking of cash, at a reported $8 million Euro cost on RCDB, that's a pretty competitive price.

I've personally observed the French waiting 3 hours to ride Goudurix in searing heat, at least this coaster looks worth it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures!

Only ridden Happy valley Shanghai's Mega-Lite and I think this looks not as intense as the Intamin version (of course). One thing that we have to know is that Mack's seats are much higher than Intamin's seats so even if the shape and size of the bunny hops are the same and the train travels at the same speed, Intamin's version still feels more intense.

As far as the Mega-Lite like rides for US, I think rides like Lightning Run and the original Mega-Lite would more likely to happen. Original and creative layout always win.

Surely if the seats are further away from the track (higher) and the train's speed and track are the same, the fact the height away from the track means the forces are more intense as the centrifugal forces are more? Like on a carousel the further away from the center you are the faster you are moving?

I mean if the seats are lower, the radius is smaller.

It seems to run faster in the POV's that was posted earlier, and it will probably speed up more in the summer days, but even then the ride dosen't look to be on pair with the Intamin version. The first two hills look like they could be faster, and there is no "snap" in the transitions, something that makes the Intamin so awesome IMO.

I agree with this. I was hoping that it would go a little faster through the layout, but it seems to climb the hills rather slowly. I think it has to potential to be as good as an Intamin Mega-lite, but it would need a faster lift hill and lower-friction wheels (if that's possible with this ride) to gain enough speed to give it real Mega-lite forces.

Nevertheless, this looks like a great addition to Nigloland and a good ride that can be enjoyed by many. Perhaps I have a good reason to hop over to France...

"I think I know my #1 coaster en France!"

The U.S. would more likely get one of these over the Intamin model - and I'd be thrilled to see one here.

Curious - why do you think so? They're both -almost- the same ride, so why would a US park in particular pick one over the other?

well, as mentioned earlier, I think easier maintenance would be the reasoning. I honestly am a fan of Mack and I would absolutely LOVE to see more of their rides show up at parks. Manta at SeaWorld is a great little attraction and I could only imagine what they would have created with less size/hight limitations.

Yes, the wheels that are just below the seats are for the maintenance area and function the same way that B&M's design does. This allows easier access to the wheel assemblies.

Here you can see 1 of Griffon's trains in its maintenance area.

Source

Also, Great report as usual! Thanks for sharing.

Edited by DJeXeL

Great pictures!

Only ridden Happy valley Shanghai's Mega-Lite and I think this looks not as intense as the Intamin version (of course). One thing that we have to know is that Mack's seats are much higher than Intamin's seats so even if the shape and size of the bunny hops are the same and the train travels at the same speed, Intamin's version still feels more intense.

As far as the Mega-Lite like rides for US, I think rides like Lightning Run and the original Mega-Lite would more likely to happen. Original and creative layout always win.

Surely if the seats are further away from the track (higher) and the train's speed and track are the same, the fact the height away from the track means the forces are more intense as the centrifugal forces are more? Like on a carousel the further away from the center you are the faster you are moving?

That`s correct. Higher seats mean higher forces in this case !

About the pacing : We should give the ride a little time...Blue Fire gained some speed during the first few weeks.

I think the ride looks really good

It really depends actually, and a simple answer can not be given.

But easily said, going through a transition from left to right then the higher seats are the most forceful ones, but going over an airtime hill the lower seats would be the most forceful one.

But easily said, going through a transition from left to right then the higher seats are the most forceful ones, but going over an airtime hill the lower seats would be the most forceful one.

Ummmm...no.

Just ask your physics teacher...higher seats lead to MORE Airtime, and I guess that`s why hanno liked the ride.

Are there some Intamin or Piraten fanyboys out there who have a hard time accepting that Mack probably did a good job here ?

Ummmm...no.

Just ask your physics teacher...higher seats lead to MORE Airtime, and I guess that`s why hanno liked the ride.

No, you are wrong, the further away from the track the seats are, the bigger the radius of the hill will become, and the less force you will feel.

We are not talking about a big difference in height on the two trains, but there is a difference.

Are there some Intamin or Piraten fanyboys out there who have a hard time accepting that Mack probably did a good job here ?

No one is saying that they have not done a good job, they (myself included) say that the reason they have done a good job is because they have followed the template of an incredibly successful ride, and then it's hard not to do a great job.

Ummmm...no.

No, you are wrong, the further away from the track the seats are, the bigger the radius of the hill will become, and the less force you will feel.

We are not talking about a big difference in height on the two trains, but there is a difference.

The radius may be bigger but the speed will also be higher, so I'm not sure where that leaves us. Anyway, like you said, the difference is not that big. I reckon the biggest difference will be felt during sideways transitions.

The radius may be bigger but the speed will also be higher, so I'm not sure where that leaves us. Anyway, like you said, the difference is not that big. I reckon the biggest difference will be felt during sideways transitions.

Simply said, the airtime will be sustained for longer, but it will be a little bit weaker. But yes, it's almost no difference as the height difference is pretty small on the two trains, so let's just leave it at that

Hanno - as always, AMAZING pictures and this ride looks amazing.

To answer someone's question from earlier in this thread as to why this would be more likely to come to the U.S. - Bigger Seats = bigger guests and maintenance costs.

No one is saying that they have not done a good job, they (myself included) say that the reason they have done a good job is because they have followed the template of an incredibly successful ride, and then it's hard not to do a great job.

Well in a way nature is what finishes the job It's nice to see rides that take advantage of forces instead of height or sheer speed in order to provide "holy crap!" moments (maybe even more holy crap moments than some of the nominal mega coasters).