TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Announces a Park in Dubai

I just don't trust this project, along with the one in China. As much as I am hoping for it to be great, we're talking Six Flags quality here. And two new parks? It just screams "I'm so mediocre I decided to make a mediocre version of myself, in questionable places!" I won't believe it until I see it, and hear the reviews.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that gets me about some of these new Dubai / Abu Dhabi parks is that nearly all of them are out doors, and trust me from some one who has been there nearly every month of the year, how do they plan to get people in during day light hours in the middle of the killer summer months when temps hit over 50 degrees in the shade and still stay in the 40's at night time?

But on topic, the park looks if it stays that well rather amazing.

^That's why they have a massive indoor section at the front of the park. The outside portion really isn't that large - certainly not compared to the original proposition. They've selected a fairly small number of quality rides that should give a good all-around park experience, but it's definitely small enough that you can do everything in an evening, or in spurts during the day.

I wonder if they'll come up with a virtual queue so people don't have to wait for hours in the heat?

The thing that gets me about some of these new Dubai / Abu Dhabi parks is that nearly all of them are out doors, and trust me from some one who has been there nearly every month of the year, how do they plan to get people in during day light hours in the middle of the killer summer months when temps hit over 50 degrees in the shade and still stay in the 40's at night time?

But on topic, the park looks if it stays that well rather amazing.

Isn't the WB park all indoors? IMG? A lot of Sony And Bolly? Most of FerrariWorld? I would think that most of the queue's at a park like this Sis Flags branded one will be air conditioned and like Shave said, there's a pretty large indoor section, so you can go in and out, taking breaks from the sun.

I see it like this, their summer is like winter in the States, I would plan my trips to the UAE Oct to May and avoid the Summer.

• 1 month later...

DUBAI PARKS AND RESORTS BREAKS GROUND ON THE CONSTRUCTION OF SIX FLAGS DUBAI THEME PARK

• The ground breaking for Six Flags marks the start of phase two of the Dubai Parks and Resorts development

• Six Flags Dubai will be Dubai Parks and Resorts fourth theme park alongside motiongateTM Dubai, LEGOLAND® Dubai, and Bollywood ParksTM Dubai

Dubai, UAE: Dubai Parks and Resorts today announced that construction has commenced for Six Flags Dubai, the first Six Flags branded theme park in the region, marking the start of phase two of the development.

Planned to open in late 2019, Six Flags Dubai will be the fourth theme park at the Dubai Parks and Resorts destination and will include 27 rides and attractions for all ages across six themed zones; Thrillseeker Plaza, Magic Mountain, Fiesta Texas, Great Escape, Great Adventure, and Great America. Set over an area of 3.5 million square feet with an opening day footprint of 2 million square feet, the estimated cost of the project is AED 2.6 billion.

Six Flags is one of the world’s largest amusement park corporations with 18 properties in the Americas. Appealing to thrill seekers of all ages, Six Flags Dubai will feature at least three world record breaking rides in addition to 6 Roller Coasters, 4 Aerial Attractions, a 350-meter River Rapids ride and 3 performance spaces along with many attractions tailored for younger guests. Additionally, the park will have 16 Food and Beverage outlets and 16 Retail outlets.

Raed Kajoor Al Nuaimi, Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Parks and Resorts, said, “We are delighted to announce that construction has commenced on the region’s first Six Flags branded theme park. This is the fourth theme park at our destination alongside motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood ParksTM Dubai and LEGOLAND® Dubai and it will help us strengthen the appeal of Dubai Parks and Resorts as a must visit destination in the region.

Six Flags is a very successful brand in other parts of the world and the introduction of this exciting theme park will further establish Dubai Parks and Resorts as the region’s largest leisure and entertainment destination.”

image.jpeg.b41cf9c63de2f91fa8f52c3d42389211.jpeg

Set over an area of 3.5 million square feet with an opening day footprint of 2 million square feet, the estimated cost of the project is AED 2.6 billion.

Parking lot = expansion lot

I think

I don't get it, what is your point? There will be room for expansion.

Edited by larrygator

A lot of cookie cutters here. Too bad they couldn't expand on the designs a little bit more. But a couple of those coasters are intriguing. Looks like a large scale Premier coaster with a loop in the entrance plaza.

This is an artist's rendering. They're not going to know what the final designs will be.

While there is room for expansion, this park doesn't feel like it is designed to get much bigger in size because it is surrounded by parking lot, maintenance area, roads, etc. They can certainly keep removing rides for new room, which gives me a feeling this park will eventually turn into something like SFMM with lots of coasters but no good theme and small amount of flat rides.

^ It's also Six Flags we're talking about. UAE or no, Six Flags has one hell of a poor track record.

It's a license deal. Plus this is the UAE, where the Universal Studios arch welcomes people to a patch of desert and rides rust in the sun.