TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

DerekRx

It's annoying, but I think that the timer for the task she's on still counts down while she's being attacked.

I will say that I read that when you get to the point to unlock Slasher Cat (the character), there is a timer on it. I'm going to hold off on getting the Pumpkin Tower until I have enough movie reels for both of them (20 for the tower and 100 for Slasher Cat)!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO! Haha. That "24-Hr" timer on him is only for a bonus task (which is 8 hr, gets Holy Water Balloons, so not worth it). He's unlockable through the end of the event.

I'm working on getting the 45 Nuns myself, and the timer for Death's bonus task is already gone. Oddly enough, one of the things that you need to do to unlock him is have Peter go on an 8 hour task three times. So I'm not sure what TinyCo was doing by having a 24 hour timer for a bonus task for something that takes well over 24 hours to do! Add in the fact that you can't even get some of the other items that are needed. Probably just a stretch to have people pay buttloads of clams thinking that he's timed...

Did anybody else have there game just go kind of wonky? I jumped from scream level 3 to 4 (bar is in the same spot, just the number changed) and now I have to turn in 45 popcorn buckets for 5 reels. So close to getting the cat but this is now going to set me back another day. I have a new movie starting in 30 minutes as well (did not expect that until I finished this one).

No such problems with my game (playing in iOS).

The popcorn cost is supposed to increase as your level increases.

At least they reduced the time it takes to earn holy water balloons.

Yeah, it bumped me to level 4 as well. I am nowhere near getting 100 reels in time so I hope you are right and you can still get Slasher Cat after the timer runs out. Death is going to take a while to get because a couple of his items can only be picked up from the pumpkin tower and slasher cat cave.

Same here. Went from 35 buckets to 60 in just a few hours. Would have got slasher cat last night, but that will not happen until tonight now. Good thing I have been saving reels otherwise the timer would have already ran out.

How long should you wait until unlocking her? Like should you wait until after you unlock Death or some other task?

By the way, I found the best strategy in clearing the bats is to wait until the Draculas spawn after the load screen and then hit them as soon as they transform into bats. I have gotten up to 10 flocks at a time that way. Haven't really been able to get enough flying together randomly to come close to that, even with tapping them to keep them frozen for a second.

Edited by ernierocker

That's been my technique as well, but the most I've ever gotten was 8 flocks.

Feeling quite overwhelmed and not sure how to proceed at this point to have a chance at really finishing and getting the characters. Trying to get more film reels before advancing as I think I read I need 100 for Slasher Cat and he's timed.

Yeah, I totally botched the slasher cat. And I activated the girl in the trunk as well before knowing what it would entail. You really need slasher bait Lois. And she is one of the final characters that are available after the second movie.

This update is really messed up as far as time frames go. I got bumped from level 4, to 5 in a matter of hours. I'm not saying it's hard, it's just got a lot of bugs. That makes it not fun when you feel pressured.

I am getting close to giving up on this game like I did the Simpsons.

Kinda getting into Boom Beach a lot.

^&^^ I feel like unless they do something with the timing or give us a bunch of free clams they're going to have a LOT of angry people. There's no way I'll get the girl, and it seems like my characters who can get things are the ones that keep turning into werewolf's in a vicious cycle where nothing gets done!!!

I was looking at some other forums on this game, and our complaints are the same with everyone. Too many timed events, too many key people turning into werewolves, difficult to get reels in week two, and damn near impossible to get cannon balls unless you have unlocked and bought everything. There is way too many complaints for TinyCo. not to do anything about it.

I guess we will see what happens within the next couple of days.

Yup. I need one Sickle to unlock Death and Lois, Quaqmire and Bonnie keep getting transformed. And I was even having a problem where once I hit them with a cannon, their task would be reset and I would have to start it over. Got to the point where I tried to skip the task ahead before they could turn and spent 8 clams to do it, and I might have spent it three more time after that. Still need that stupid sickle!

This event is really terrible.

First they ambushed people with timers to unlock characters (you shouldn't have to read a FAQ to be aware of this).

Then the concession turn-ins became an issue.

Worst is the werewolves. Every character seems to be a wolf all the time, and it's impossible to transform more than a fraction at a time.

Makes me appreciate Tapped Out.

This is getting stupid now. I wake up in the morning at least expecting to collect a bunch of silver bullets and water balloons and get ONE! All my other characters have been turned to werewolf's! And to add insult to injury, the game has a pop up suggesting I spend clams to get something that turns MORE characters into werewolf's!?!? WTF!!! Come on TinyCo, I expect better!