TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff

DerekRx

^Yeah. I get the feeling the developers were like "you guys kept bitching for Stewie...have fun assholes!"

Totally. Only unlocked the ability to unlock Stewie this morning and as soon as I saw his tasks I was like..."yup, right back to working on those costumes!"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that we all want to unlock items for another character, but Carter is available to find via the Malt Shoppe.

So now that brings us up to 4 characters that we have to get items for... And some of the characters we have now are useless! Give me a task for Tricia, Cleveland, or Connie to gather items. Really annoying.

Peter is taking forever to complete. Still need satchels and gloves. Didn't get any of those this morning. Hopefully Ill pick up a couple tonight after they finish their long tasks.

Peter is taking forever to complete. Still need satchels and gloves. Didn't get any of those this morning. Hopefully Ill pick up a couple tonight after they finish their long tasks.

I need 3 more things for Peter and have been pretty lucky with the items for him. Brian on the other hand I have had no luck at all.

Got quite lucky. Falconer Peter is creating as we speak. Brian is definitely going to take a while for those rare items, but I somehow have 4 of the 5 required maracas. Still need plenty banana peels though...

Still one glove short. Maybe tonight I will get lucky!

Strange update today. Automatically boosted to level 50' with no advancement in XP. Peter is still the only character going up levels (currently 18).

The weekend game is getting toys for Stewie. But, all of the tasks to get the others are hampered by getting those toys. What's the point, if you don't have Stewie yet?

I'm just wondering if the creators of this game are assuming that people are spending tons of real money on the game, and let's face it, clams are more valuable and costly than the donuts in the Simpsons. (And in my case, more cost prohibitive! 10$ totally spent, and no desire to spend more. Yet.)

Thoughts?

^Yeah, when I logged in this morning I was like, what!??! Why are giraffes back!?!? Maybe other people are paying more money, but for now I'm still concentrating on the items for my two outfits and two characters to unlock.

^KT noticed this in her game. It looks like they've made it a bit harder as she finally collected the 5 Tae Kwan Do belts she needed to make a character and used them, only to have them reset to ZERO for the other character outfit she needed!!!

I'm wondering if we now need to act more like we did with the butts and the Egypt update where we don't click to use something unless it's the larger amount first?

^ As far as I can tell/remember, the items can only be used once so if you need 5 jewels for one person and 3 jewels for another, the game will let you collect up to 8 before removing the jewels icon from the task.

Strange update today. Automatically boosted to level 50' with no advancement in XP. Peter is still the only character going up levels (currently 18).

The weekend game is getting toys for Stewie. But, all of the tasks to get the others are hampered by getting those toys. What's the point, if you don't have Stewie yet?

I'm just wondering if the creators of this game are assuming that people are spending tons of real money on the game, and let's face it, clams are more valuable and costly than the donuts in the Simpsons. (And in my case, more cost prohibitive! 10$ totally spent, and no desire to spend more. Yet.)

Thoughts?

So are we going to max out at level 50? I went from 47 to 48 yesterday. The experience must have still been accumulating even though they didn't have levels past 40 until yesterday.

Got my last glove finally this morning. Will have the new costume tonight. Now on to Brian. Those banana peels are going to take a while.

It seems that items do not work like the Butts. So that means we need to get 45 Jewels (30 for Stewie, 15 for Carter). Joy.

As for the small subquest, I see the small point, as I've gotten one of the boxes each day. It seems that you have a chance to get any of the items, but the chance to get the rarer items goes up as you get more toys. From two boxes (first level of toy), I've gotten a Koi Pond and the Lobster Shanty . SO one good item, one bad item. Seems to Easter Egg Box if you ask me...

At least with the fireworks boxes we bought them with the massive amount of coins we all have...

Looks like another event will start on Thursday, requiring an App Store update. I'm all for these special weekend deals, but I'm still working on unlocking Carter, Stewie, and the costumes for Peter and Brian, I don't really need anything else to do at this moment. Plus I'm annoyed that it still seems like the same characters are needed for most of the quest items and limited quest items, whereas others have no purpose (Cleveland, Tricia, Connie) in any part of current challenges.

Still, better than the latest Tapped Out update.

I get the impression that these events are meant as a distraction to slow you down from finishing all the district 8 characters because they are nowhere near finishing district 9.