TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the worst Park/Carnival you've ever been to?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to boredom, Lake Compounce takes the cake for me. Sure Boulder Dash is my favorite wooden coaster, but the rest of the park is so bland. It's not a bad park but the only two real thrill flats they have are enterprise and T&L (which are awesome rides that run awful programs).

Wildcat and boomerang are just there to look pretty and the family rides run slow too. The water park is nice but the only two stand out slides are rip tide racers and lights out. The best kept secret is their rapids ride which does deliver but the park needs to step up the thrills.

Edited by ScreaminNewEngland

They also have a Disk-O, a large drop tower, a log flume, Flyers and an awesome chairlift ride that's 30 minutes long. Their waterpark is small but constantly expanding and there's still plenty to do there.

Lake Compounce is a family park that's very clean and well kept and attracts a great crowd. They also charge very reasonable prices for everything and have free soft drinks. I'm not sure how it got mentioned in this thread.

The revolution was pretty boring to me. As for the water park, the only real attraction that was added was the wave pool. The racers were a replacement for lake plunge.

The park needs to expand upon the thrills. But i must say I do love Down Time.

My least favorite park is prob Boomers Fl. Dania Beach Hurricane was amazing but the park was a ghost town.

The Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival carnival in Winchester, Virginia. While the food and ride selection was pretty good but OMG... THE POLITICS !! Back in 2012 I actually saw a few folks who were turned down from riding the Ferris Wheel because they weren't supporters of Rick Santorum who was at the time running for president. I wish I was joking about this but unfortunately I'm not and it is a shame too because it was such a nice large carnival.

Wow.

That's all I gotta say.

I was at Martin's Fantasy Island first weekend in June and was pretty disappointed. The ride ops on Silver Comet were bossy to the point of rudeness. They wouldn't let anyone pull down their own lap bars on PTC trains... seemed really strange. IN ADDITION the ride ops were very unfocused on the ride itself. One even made everyone wait so that she could talk to her kid in the exit of the station. That caused a one train wait to turn into 15-20mins.

Add this onto the general state of disrepair, dirtiness in the park on the side of silver comet, and one of the most HEAVILY TRIMMED wild mouse coasters I have ever ridden. I'm sad to say I worry about this park's future.

Worst I've been to may not be an accurate reflection on the park as a whole, but does reflect the worst DAY I've had at a park. Busch Gardens Tampa/Africa was not a park I enjoyed. It had been touted to me as being incredible, and whilst the rides were mostly good (I actually enjoyed Gwazi, surprisingly) I just disliked the overall atmosphere of it. It was a quiet and hot day, and I just found the theming surprisingly poor and the overall look and feel of the place kind of disappointing. Looking at the park now (I went many many many years ago) it looks notably better however.

I feel bad saying this considering it just reopened, but I have to say Kentucky Kingdom is the worst amusement park I've ever visited.

I get that a park isn't really ever finished, but when I visit a park I want the park to at least "feel" finished. Instead, it was very apparent when I visited that Kentucky Kingdom rushed trying to fix up the attractions and completely forgot to add ANY landscaping. The buildings and rides look very nice, I'll give the park that, but the pathways need some TLC and the landscaping is non-existent. I feel like the park really should have spent an extra year working on the park before reopening, but it's too late for that now.

Lightning Run is an AMAZING coaster, and even though it is short in size and in length, it really packs a punch and lands in my top 5 steel coasters. FearFall is also an amazing drop tower. But the rest of the ride selection is lacking in quality attractions. The park definitely focused on the water park, which really struck me as odd. I get that they felt that the water park was going to be a big draw and needed more slides, but more than doubling the size of the water park instead of giving some additional rides to the dry side was a strange choice.

One thing that I feel is really holding the park back is its crowd. The crowd at Kentucky Kingdom was the most obnoxious crowd I've ever been around. In line for Lightning Run I saw at least 5 people smoking ahead of me. Park officials walked passed them numerous times and said nothing to them. Overall, the crowd at Kentucky Kingdom was one of the main reasons I had a bad experience at the park. I mean, my home park is Six Flags St. Louis and the crowd at Kentucky Kingdom was 10x more obnoxious.

The park is trying to shake off its Six Flags-feel. But at this point it feels like a Six Flags park that is missing half of its rides. I know the park is working on its dry side and landscaping in the future years. I can see a bright future for the park, it just didn't do it for me this year. I'll give the park another try in 2016 to see how much the park has improved.

Mt. Olympus - They only buy one train for all their rides, operators were texting, chatting, and not doing their jobs. Things would usually dispatch in 5 minutes (at best). The rides seemed rough and not maintained. And nobody there seemed to give a damn. It's not even close. Worst park by far.

SFMM may have its problems but it is far from the 'worst' of anything out there.

That being said, my lamest experiences have definitely been the many random pop-up carnivals that appear here in the Los Angeles area.

Every park I've been to, I've managed to enjoy myself at so it would be tough for me to designate a 'worst.' Maybe the Santa Monica Pier? I liked Mundo Divertido in Tijuana, Mexico more than that, so I guess it takes the cake. The $9.95 Taco Bell is difficult to forget.

I would say that Oaks Park in Portland,OR is the worst I've been to. It's really small and only has one good flat,Screamin Eagle. The only coaster is a Pinfari. It's not horrible, it's just the worst I've been to so far.

• 8 months later...

By far Magic Springs and Crystal Falls wins this award. The last time we went to this park will be the LAST time we ever go to that park. The park it's self was not so bad. It was actually a rather pretty park... But operations, and lack of staff training was just... awful. Not to mention of all the rides they have we got to ride 2 things the entire time we were there. In addition to waiting almost 2 hours for the log flume because it was one of the only rides open, and it ended up breaking down when we were about midway through the line. NEVER AGAIN.

I feel bad saying this considering it just reopened, but I have to say Kentucky Kingdom is the worst amusement park I've ever visited.

I get that a park isn't really ever finished, but when I visit a park I want the park to at least "feel" finished. Instead, it was very apparent when I visited that Kentucky Kingdom rushed trying to fix up the attractions and completely forgot to add ANY landscaping. The buildings and rides look very nice, I'll give the park that, but the pathways need some TLC and the landscaping is non-existent. I feel like the park really should have spent an extra year working on the park before reopening, but it's too late for that now.

Lightning Run is an AMAZING coaster, and even though it is short in size and in length, it really packs a punch and lands in my top 5 steel coasters. FearFall is also an amazing drop tower. But the rest of the ride selection is lacking in quality attractions. The park definitely focused on the water park, which really struck me as odd. I get that they felt that the water park was going to be a big draw and needed more slides, but more than doubling the size of the water park instead of giving some additional rides to the dry side was a strange choice.

One thing that I feel is really holding the park back is its crowd. The crowd at Kentucky Kingdom was the most obnoxious crowd I've ever been around. In line for Lightning Run I saw at least 5 people smoking ahead of me. Park officials walked passed them numerous times and said nothing to them. Overall, the crowd at Kentucky Kingdom was one of the main reasons I had a bad experience at the park. I mean, my home park is Six Flags St. Louis and the crowd at Kentucky Kingdom was 10x more obnoxious.

The park is trying to shake off its Six Flags-feel. But at this point it feels like a Six Flags park that is missing half of its rides. I know the park is working on its dry side and landscaping in the future years. I can see a bright future for the park, it just didn't do it for me this year. I'll give the park another try in 2016 to see how much the park has improved.

I'd Kinda have to agree sadly. While this is the closest park to me, about an hour or so away, I'd much rather take an extra half hour and go to Kings Island. It's far superior in every way and I don't have to worry about spending the day with every cretin who climbed out of some backward ass holler to take their family on vacation here. Kings Island will always be considered my home park while Kentucky Kingdom will always be that awkward cousin who's coming out of rehab...

By far Magic Springs and Crystal Falls wins this award. The last time we went to this park will be the LAST time we ever go to that park. The park it's self was not so bad. It was actually a rather pretty park... But operations, and lack of staff training was just... awful. Not to mention of all the rides they have we got to ride 2 things the entire time we were there. In addition to waiting almost 2 hours for the log flume because it was one of the only rides open, and it ended up breaking down when we were about midway through the line. NEVER AGAIN.

When did you go? Your scaring me for my first time.