TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the worst Park/Carnival you've ever been to?

This thread is dedicated to expressing your hatred for the worst park or carnival you've ever been to! It could be bad due the rides, the staff, or even thee food! Just state what you're least favorite park is and why you hated it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A carnival in Michigan, it was strange, unsafe, and I felt terrified

Edited by Desalia

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Fuji Q or Mt. Olympus so I feel like my answer won't really be all that impressive, but I have to go with Lakemont park. Skyliner and Leap the Dips are both solid coasters, but everything in this park has either fallen into complete disrepair or is operating but looks like it could collapse at any moment.

I want to love this place, and I do love Leap the Dips... but this park is horrible and they don't take care of anything. I can see why Del Grosso's is always packed while this place is always dead. Lakemont is such a dump.

Honorable mention goes to Six Flags America. Lakemont is clearly much worse but at least they're not a huge corporate park with a large budget. With the resources Six Flags has, there's no excuse for Six Flags America being so bad.

I don't really like my home park La Ronde. We do have a few decent coasters and several rides that I do actually like, but the employees and the atmosphere makes it fall at the bottom of my list.

The Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival carnival in Winchester, Virginia. While the food and ride selection was pretty good but OMG... THE POLITICS !! Back in 2012 I actually saw a few folks who were turned down from riding the Ferris Wheel because they weren't supporters of Rick Santorum who was at the time running for president. I wish I was joking about this but unfortunately I'm not and it is a shame too because it was such a nice large carnival.

The Arapahoe County Fair just outside of Denver, Colorado is a "runner-up" for me. Again as it was with the Apple Blossom carnival the food and rides were great but in this case it was the rather aggressive vendors that killed it for me. Last year some guy was selling those e-cigarettes at the fair. He approached me asking if I smoke. I told him that other than maybe a cigar once in a full moon the answer is NO and that NO I was NOT interested in e-cigarettes. Apparently he couldn't accept my answer as he kept following me around the fair BEGGING me to at least try an e-smoke. It was so embarrassing that it had got to the point where I had to get security involved. Won't be going back to that county fair.

Happy Valley Beijing. End of this thread. 4 hour queue for a shaky B&M flyer, one train operation, horrible food, employees that use rude language and threaten people, dirty bathroom, dirty water on their super splash, ride closure, park map with wrong info etc etc etc. Mt. Olympus is a lot better!

Tokyo Disneysea and Wurzberg Fair...okay, just kidding.

La Wronge...45 mins wait for an SLC after you've checked in your gold flashbot. The hamburgers tasted like ham. They are French Canadien, and though don't so much fart in your general direction, as projectile poop dihorrea. I qualify my answer by saying I haven't been to Fuji-Q, and Sux Flags America was a close second.

This ratty little ghetto carnival by the beach just before Christmas in Scarborough, Queensland, Australia. The Ghetto Wave winger was up on wood blocks on grass, and looked like it was held together with macramé. To add insult to certain injury, it also was expensive.

The "winner" of this for me is easily La Ronde. The place is dirty, the ride ops are uncaring and truly terrible operations make for a horrible day. What Brent mentioned about 45 minutes for the SLC after check in with a Gold Q-Bot has happened on both of my visits to the park.

Honourable mentions go to Six Flags America. Pretty much the same problems as La Ronde, just not as bad.

Honestly, the worst Ive been to is Six Flags Magic Mountain. I dont go to fairs and havent been to Six Flags America so that truly is my worst park experience. I just remember little to no landscaping, lots of concrete, poor operations, an unsavory crowd, and just an overall unpleasant atmosphere. I will say, I have been to the Wiener Prater, which is sort of like a fair in that its just a bunch of portable rides, but I found that to be a lot more enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing than SFMM.

Pedro's World at South of the Border in South Carolina. Park was there for years (I think Pedro's World is gone now, even though South of the Border is still there) and I don't think I ever saw the rides run more than twice. I didn't even try the ferris wheel it looked show sketch, and I believe the observation tower (which is still there), they don't allow people to go up anymore.

The "winner" of this for me is easily La Ronde. The place is dirty, the ride ops are uncaring and truly terrible operations make for a horrible day. What Brent mentioned about 45 minutes for the SLC after check in with a Gold Q-Bot has happened on both of my visits to the park.

Honourable mentions go to Six Flags America. Pretty much the same problems as La Ronde, just not as bad.

A lot of people, agree that La Ronde is one of the worst parks.

Edited by Desalia

I want to love this place, and I do love Leap the Dips... but this park is horrible and they don't take care of anything. I can see why Del Grosso's is always packed while this place is always dead. Lakemont is such a dump.

That was going to be my answer, too. I made my first and last trip to Lakemong last summer with a friend. Our first stop was Leap the Dips, which was a bit worn looking, but...it is ancient, and it ran well, surprisingly fun, too! After that it was all downhill, though. We tried a couple flat rides that felt like they were on the very of falling apart, then made the mistake of giving the toboggan coaster a shot, which left us certain it was going to kill us. Apparently we hadn't had enough, and headed over to Skyliner after, which looked okay from afar. Looking up inside the station proved to be a mistake though; the amount of rot and decay in the roof of the station was...slightly disconcerting, to say the least. Then, of course, the coaster barely even made it around the track.

Just not much good to say about the place. It -could- be nice if they took care of it, but that's obviously just not happening.

While certainly not the worst park I've been to...Animal Kingdom always makes me miffed. The whole park has something negative going for it.

-Dueling Dragons is at IOA instead of DAK because of budget, and they lost out on two more mythical animals rides due to budget.

-Dinosaur is worse than when it opened, half the ride is pitch black, partly because elements of the show are broken.

-The yeti, one of the biggest and coolest animatronics ever, doesn't and can't work.

-The whole dino area really is cheap looking. The games section is on par with a low budget carnival.

-The boat ride is closed. So are many of the walking trails.

-Kilamanjaro Safari is amazing, but could do without the fake elements presented as real like the Bilbao Tree, the termite mounds ,and the ostrich egg.

-Kali rapids is really short and they toned down the story because it made everyone sad. Just a fail. In fact, anything pertaining to the conservation of Animals has been toned down from the original because it was too depressing.

-You can physically ride every ride, see every show, eat lunch, visit every animal in the park, and have your picture taken with a character and you STILL won't fill up an entire day. There's so little replay value to this park.

-Then Disney decided to prioritize fixing this park next, which was the right call, and we get...Avatar! Which should be fun...but reviews are mixed to say the least on that franchise.

Just ugh. Give me Busch Gardens, with amazing coasters and more animals for cheaper.

^you bring up some valid points but I can easily fill a full day at Animal Kingdom, and have. While the rides leave something to be desired (well, the number of rides, anyway...I consider the incredibly-immersive Safari, Everest, Dinosaur, and Tough to be a Bug some of the best attractions in all of WDW), the animal trails are incredibly detailed and truly transport you to a different place. The theming is the best Ive seen outside of Tokyo DisneySea...very well-thought out and immersive. Also, Nemo and Festival of the Lion King are phenomenal shows (for theme park standards). I get your complaints, but DAK is actually one of my favorite parks in the world.

Never understood the hate for SFMM. It's mediocre in some respects, but definitely not awful.

My pick is SFA. Terrible layout. Terrible operations. Terrible maintenance. Terrible ride ops. Just the worst.

And while I hate to pick on a local park, Dreamworld has been going downhill for the last 20 years, and seems to get worse each time I visit.

My bottom 5:

5. Quassy Amusement Park-Wooden Warrior is decent, but nothing else at the park is really that great and the place is tiny.

4. Scandia Amusement Park-This one's really more of a family entertainment center, but it does have a full amusement park section so I count it as an amusement park. Similar issues to Quassy, with Screamer being the only worthwhile attraction.

3. Palace Playland-This one is a permanent carnival, so I didn't expect much. Similar to the first two, but without any standout attraction.

2. La Ronde-Here's a legitimate park that is terrible. One train operations, horribly slow and unpleasant ride operators, 45 minute waits even with Gold Flash Pass, unkempt areas in public part of the park, decrepit buildings left to rot, only one good coaster out of ten...the list goes on, but this is definitely the worst major park I've been to by far.

1. Marineland Theme Park-While La Ronde may be the worst park, this is definitely my least favorite park. The place feels trapped in the 80s with outdated attractions by today's standards. Unfortunately, the dozen or so rides are scattered out over an area larger than Cedar Point and the park isn't flat. They do have a few animal attractions to fill in the gaps, but none of them are that interesting. Add in the lack of decent infrastructure (I think there was only one full restaurant in the entire park) and the excessive admission price, and this place just isn't very good.