TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vekoma's MK1212

I think Vekoma could do a good job making a smooth MK1212, or at least that's what I think. I think Millenium it's a good coaster, but I dont like much the layout but it seems it's so smooth. I would like to see another Black Hole Express (Kumodori Land)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely like to see more MK1212s; there's nothing to bang your head on so the ride is much more comfortable (although headbanging turns into... "headjerking"? Still better than headbanging though.) New trains on new coasters, though, would probably make a great, smooth experience comparable to a B&M. (On a Vekoma?! :O) Just look at Vekoma's new rides like

I'd love to see parks install new Vekoma loopers, moderate sized ones in particular (though the mega looper concept still looks awesome). Most inverting coasters these days that appeal to a younger, height restricted audience, are the rotting remains of old Arrows. I know parks get more attention from announcing something, "never before seen" or ,"bigger, faster, BETTER". But I'd take a new Vekoma looper over a Wingrider any day.

^^I agree! I think Vekoma loopers could fit perfectly in a medium size theme park, that hasnt got much rollercoasters (parks that are not owned by Cedar Fair/Six Flags) I love the old fashioned coasters so I would love to see a modern/smooth version of the old coasters, with the same type of track, but a better ride experience

^Agreed! That's why I'm thrilled for Lightning Run this Summer; it uses an old track type but the ride is modern and has much better trains over the old Arrow Hypers.

It would be cool to see Morgan step up and create some medium-sized loopers with those new HyperGTX trains!

PS: Post #400!

I would like to see the vekoma mega looper (the one that is on the website) that could be interesting but I still like more the old vekoma mk1212 track than the new one

There will be two of them showing up in China. Then again, nothing is for sure since even Lewa's Intamin projects get turned down.

• 2 months later...
I would like to see the vekoma mega looper (the one that is on the website) that could be interesting but I still like more the old vekoma mk1212 track than the new one

There will be two of them showing up in China. Then again, nothing is for sure since even Lewa's Intamin projects get turned down.

^is there any info about those coasters? I would like to see it

Assuming gerstlaueringvar can't talk about any that are unannounced. But there are 2 rides that are announced that these could be.

Theres a Custom Designed Dive Pretzel Coaster For The Great Mall of China just outside Beijing due at the end of this year.

And an unknown Custom Designed Launch Coaster for Hotgo Resort in Fushun (North East China) due 2015

Source: http://www.asiaattractions.net/news/show.php?itemid=507&page=2

While looking up several of the Vekoma MK1200 models on RCDB my answer is yes, I'd like to see more of these mid-size loopers in parks even if they don't really cater to the larger parks. With the newer trains like on their Boomerangs I think Vekoma could deliver quite a smooth ride.

On a personal level I like the look of the Arrow-style track. With a lot of companies building coasters using either the box beam or lattice style track the skeletal look really adds to the theme park landscape.

• 3 months later...

Theres a Custom Designed Dive Pretzel Coaster For The Great Mall of China just outside Beijing due at the end of this year.

And an unknown Custom Designed Launch Coaster for Hotgo Resort in Fushun (North East China) due 2015

Is there any new information about this coaster?

^That coaster looks great! However, can't help but notice that ever since the Mauer Skyloop came out, everyone's been copying that design (Premier, SUF, & now Vekoma)

I don't think S: UF and this is copying SkyLoop. Are premier and Vekoma inspired by SkyLoop? Maybe, but are they copying SkyLoop? I don't think so. In this way, SkyLoop might be copying Ring of Fire.

Haven't ridden a MK1212 train yet, those best restraints look better than B&M's IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...