TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which park has the best Coaster Trio?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lisebergsbanan, Helix and Balder will become the trio to beat.

This is a distinct possibility; however, as much as I like Lisebergbanan, it's hardly "top ten" material for me.

This is a tough question. You could make a case for Phantom's Revenge, Thunderbolt, and Sky Rocket at Kennywood as one of the top coaster trios, but I wouldn't call it my "final answer."

really? I was literally seeing stars when I rode baco anywhere near the back, at the front it's fun but elsewhere I'm thankfull to escape without an intra-cerebral haemorrhage.... dont get me wrong I love geforce and i305 is my #1 but baco is just painful!

I'm still struggling to place it for my mitch hawker ballot as the front us fun but the rear is horrendous

^It can get a bit unpleasant but I still think the fact that it is way more intense and (if you forget the roughness) awesome makes it better (to me) than shambhala. But, like said, I'll be going to portaventura in a few weeks and I'll re-check (and I wonder how those things they added to the restraints last year will affect it) and maybe shambhala will be running a bit better, who knows...

i've only ever visited portaventura in the last 2 xmas seasons (fantastic for lack of queues and a hot contortionist in the shows) but baco has always been rough. its almost funny to exit the ride then see the video of an empty rear seat trying to shake itself to pieces.... Shambala on the other hand has always delivered awesomeness. It has a purity to the airtime that is lacking on most other B&M hypers. I rode Nitro and apollo's chariot in October, but the airtime just felt weak on both of them. Behemoth and leviathan almost managed to deliver the same thrills however, and silver star was also pretty good but the floatyness euphoria of shambala beats them all

Tougher than it seems!

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

BGT: with a quadfecta of Montu, SheiKra, Cheetah Hunt, and Kumba (shout out to Scorpion too while we're at it)

Others

BGW: Apollo's Chariot, Griffon, Alpengeist

Cedar Point: Maverick, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force

Hersheypark: Storm Runner, Lightning Racer, and marginally Fahrenheit

Holiday World: duh (though I don't "get" Raven, I love Voyage and thought Legend was solid as well)

Kings Dominion: Flight of Fear, Volcano, i305

Kings Island: The Beast (yes, really), Flight of Fear, Diamondback

Silver Dollar City: Outlaw Run, Powder Keg, Wildfire

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: iRat, Poltergeist, S:KC

Six Flags Great Adventure: El Toro, Nitro, Kingda Ka does turn out to be mine, though I scoffed at others saying so!

Six Flags Magic Mountain: X2, Tatsu, Full Throttle (Goliath finally being dethroned)

Six Flags Over Texas: NTAG, Mr. Freeze, Batman (like Goliath, Titan finally loses out)

Guilty Pleasures

Dorney: Steel Force, Talon, Hydra

Silverwood: Aftershock, Timber Terror, Tremors (the woodies are a given, but as of 2011 I still love Aftershock as well)

Six Flags America: Wild One, Joker's Jinx, S:ROS

Kings Dominion: Flight of Fear, Volcano, i305

This set might be the closest together Trio anywhere, although Dominator instead of FoF would be a better answer for the original question. But for a question of best "Coaster Row" that could be it.

Here are the parks that have three coasters that either fall into the Top 125 steel (2012) or Top 60 wood (2013) based on Mitch Poll

SFGAdv - El Toro (1), Nitro (19), Kingda Ka (72), B:TR (77), Bizarro (101)

SDC - Outlaw Run (3), PowderKeg (46), Wildfire (97)

HW - Voyage (7), Raven (28), Legend (46)

EP - Wodan (18), Blue Fire (17), Silver Star (76)

HP - Lightning Racers (43 , 44), SkyRush (7), Storm Runner (30), Fahrenheit (100)

KW - Thunderbolt (56), Jackrabbit (60), Phantom's Revenge (28), Sky Rocket (90)

SFoT - NTG (3), B:TR (77), Titan (79), Shockwave (89) Mr Freeze (93)

KD - i305 (4), Volcano (81), Dominator (85)

Port Av - Shambala (6), Dragon Khan (36), Furius Baco (116)

CP - Maverick (9), MF (14), TTD (29), Raptor (65), Magnum (80)

BGW - Montu (17), Kumba (34), Sheikra (36), Cheetah Hunt (66)

SFMM - X2 (25), Tatsu (35), Goliath (71), B:TR (77), Riddler (108)

Phantasialand - Black Mamba (31), Winjas (82 , 98)

BGE - Apollo's Chariot (32), Griffon (47), Alpengeist (50), Verbolten (104)

IOA - Chinese Fireball (50), Incredible Hulk (55), Hungarian Horntail (60)

SFGam - Raging Bull (57), X-Flight (58), B:TR (77)

SFStL - American Thunder (37), B:TR (77), Mr, Freeze (106)

Thope -Swarm (68), Stealth (111), Nemesis Inferno (123)

Grona Lund - Twister (17), Insane (110), Jetline (121)

SFoG - Goliath (20), B:TR(77), Dare Devil Dive (117)

Of course this does not factor in new 2013 steel coasters such as iRat, YOLO, Smiler, etc....

While I've been to all these parks (but haven't ridden all the coasters) I still prefer SFGAdv even though my Top 3 are different, followed by Kings Dominion

i've only ever visited portaventura in the last 2 xmas seasons (fantastic for lack of queues and a hot contortionist in the shows) but baco has always been rough. its almost funny to exit the ride then see the video of an empty rear seat trying to shake itself to pieces.... Shambala on the other hand has always delivered awesomeness. It has a purity to the airtime that is lacking on most other B&M hypers. I rode Nitro and apollo's chariot in October, but the airtime just felt weak on both of them. Behemoth and leviathan almost managed to deliver the same thrills however, and silver star was also pretty good but the floatyness euphoria of shambala beats them all

Interesting that you say this as I actually enjoyed nitro quite a bit more than shambhala precisely because I though the airtime was more consistent. I rode it for the first time in 2011 and thought it was awesome (even made me grey out slightly in the helix), then in July 2012 I rode shambhala and felt it was lacking some air compared to the first one but I still though I shouldn't make my mind just then as Nitro had been a relatively new experience to me the previous year (in terms of the king of ride). But then I rode nitro again last summer only to confirm that I do like it more than shambhala. And in roughly two weeks I'll be riding shambhala again so that there will be no doubts left whatsoever.

The only thing that I like more about shambhala is the drop, with Nitro beating it with those last three hills and the drop out of the MCBR (shambhala has a nearly non existing second part), the helix and, even though still floater, I think the airtime is a bit stronger and more consistent.

For me personally:

Knott's Berry Farm: Silver Bullet, Xcelerator, and GhostRider

Six Flags Magic Mountain: X2, Tatsu and Scream

Dollywood: Wild Eagle, Thunderhead, and Mystery Mine

Silver Dollar City: Outlaw Run, Wildfire and Powder Keg

Six Flags Over Georgia: Goliath, Superman: Ultimate Flight, and Batman: TR

Worlds Of Fun: Patriot, Prowler, and Mamba

Carowinds: Intimidator, Afterburn and whatever new coaster is going in in 2015; they really need one more great coaster for a trio.

Out of these, Knott's, SFMM, Dollywood and SDC are my favorite "trios".

I have read this thread a few times and I can only come back to one absolutely amazing coaster trio. Holiday World with The Voyage, Raven, and Legend simply can't be beat. Wooden coaster enthusiast for life!

SFStL - Screamin' Eagle. The Boss, despite it being a bit rough but it has a great layout and I love all the big drops, and American Thunder.

I know this isn't meant as a debate thread, but I just wanted to comment on this one. You see, I wish I could say SFStL has one of my favorite wooden coaster trios. In theory, they have an impressively well-rounded collection, especially for a modest-sized and corporate park. But in practice, I'm sadly only a fan of American Thunder. Eagle's airtime is nice, but average at best, and Boss is too rough and does nothing for me. I'm glad others can enjoy all three.

I'm going to have to go with Millennium Force, Maverick and Raptor. I absolutely love all 3 of them.

Honorable mention goes to Great Adventure with El Toro, Nitro and Kingda Ka and Busch Gardens Tampa with Kumba, Montu and Sheikra. In both of those cases though I feel that the #3 coaster is significantly worse than #1 and #2 which is why I went with Cedar Point's trio.