TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Which park has the best Coaster Trio?

In big parks everywhere, we all look at 1 or 2 coasters to be headliners to attract people to the park and a third coaster as a solid second tier to make the coaster depth seem more attractive. I don't see this anywhere so I thought I would ask people what park they think has the best trio of roller coasters?

I'll start with my answer of Hersheypark. To me there is no better coaster trio than the Intamin Trio at HP. Skyrush has insane ejector airtime, Storm Runner has a great launch and drop while Fahrenheit holds its own with a beyond vertical drop, unique layout and surprising pops of airtime.

That's my favorite. What's yours?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holiday World - Voyage being the biggest and most intense coaster, the Raven being a family-friendly ride (at least I think so), and the Legend, which is a flat-out amazing wooden roller coaster, but not like Voyage.

Quite a few parks have a great coaster trio but my picks are:

I agree with Hershey but for me it's Storm Runner, Lightning Racer, and Wildcat, despite many who dislike the ride.

SFStL - Screamin' Eagle. The Boss, despite it being a bit rough but it has a great layout and I love all the big drops, and American Thunder.

Theres a few good ones, IMO:

The B&M trio at Busch Gardens Tampa: Kumba, Montu, Sheikra

and Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot, Griffon

Cedar Point has the 3 record breakers, Magnum, Milennium, and Dragster (or swap out Magnum for Maverick and you have a great Intamin trio)

And of course the Diseyland Mountains: Matterhorn, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain

Ive never been to Hersheypark or Great Adventure but those two seem to have an impressive lineup as well

Ohh mee? We'll since sfft, & sfot has great coaster trio I'd say superman krypton coaster, Titan, batman the ride/Goliath, new Texas giant, iron rattler, poltergeist, & the two parks not too far from where I live which is Kemal boardwalk , & Galveston island historic pleasure pier I think boardwalk bullet' & iron shark are good coaster trio's!

And forgive me about my capitalization is incorrect, I'm on my uncle,s I pad that he's being nice, & good to me since my mom, & sister is giving me a really bad time!

Heres my favorites. Bot in any particular order, but these in my opinion all form a fantastic big 3. I too have 3 favs for Hershey and like the previous ones, mine is also different! Mine is Skyrush, Fahrenheit, and Lightning Racer.

SFGAdv for Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nitro.

SFMM for Tatsu, X2, Goliath

CP for Millennium, Maverick, and TTD

KI for Diamondback, Beast, Banshee

SFOT for Titan, NTAG, Mr. Freeze

Oh man so many.

My favorite is probably Hersheypark: Skyrush, Storm Runner, and Fahrenheit (and Lightning Racer, and Great Bear, etc, etc. I love Hershey)

CP is awesome: Maverick, MF, TTD

Kings Dominion is pretty solid, with I305, Volcano, and Dominator.

For pure fun, it's definitely Phoenix, Twister, and Flying Turns.

Although the park is no longer in operation, I always thought it was cool how for 5 years, Six Flags Astrowolrd has a trio of Schwarzkopfs; Viper (Looping Star), Greezed Lightnin' (Shuttle), and Texas Tornado (Now going back to Germany.) To this day I still think that was one of the coolest things about the park; had I had been older at the time I could have ridden all three. I only got to ride Viper.

Some International Nominees:

Port Aventura: Furious Baco, Dragon Khan, Shambala

Europa Park: Euro Mir, Blue Fire, and Silver Star

Mirabilandia: Katun, Ispeed, and Divertical

Happy Valley Shanghai: Mega-Lite, Diving Coaster, and Fireball

Liseberg: Balder, Lisebergbanan, Helix

But my winner overall would be Maverick, TTD, and Millenium Force, what an amazing trio of Intamins.

Out of all the parks I've been to, these have three coasters I'd consider top tier rides. From best trio to worst trio...

Cedar Point: Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster (the Intamin Trio)

Six Flags Magic Mountain: X2, Tatsu, and Full Throttle (you could also add Goliath for a quartet)

Six Flags Great Adventure: El Toro, Nitro, and Kingda Ka

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Griffon, Apollo's Chariot, and Alpengeist (the B&M Trio)

Dollywood: Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, and Wild Eagle (haven't actually been on Wild Eagle, so this could be misjudged)

Hershey is definitely my top pick, though Holiday World is also a good option when Voyage isn't trying to murder you.

Hershey Park: Skyrush, Stormrunner, Lightning Racer

Holiday World: Legend, Raven, Voyage

BGT: Kumba, Montu, Sheikra (or Cheetah Hunt, which I haven't ridden)

CP: Maverick, Millennium Force, Magnum

SFMM: X2, Apocalypse, YOLOcoaster (or Tatsu)

Europa Park: Euro Mir, Blue Fire, Eurosat (or Wodan, or Silver Star)

Dollywood: Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, Tennessee Tornado (or one of the new coasters that I haven't ridden)

Kennywood: Phantom's Revenge, Sky Rocket, Racer (or Thunderbolt, or Jack Rabbit)

Hershey's Intamin trio: Stormrunner, Fahrenheit and SkyRush.

Cedar Point's Intamin line up: MF, TTD and Maverick. Their Arrow line up is pretty good as well. Corkscrew, Gemini and Magnum.

Hansa Park's Gerstlauer/Schwarzkopf trio

BGT's Kumba, Montu and SheiKra.

Ocean Park's Hair Raiser, Mine coaster and Dragon.

Mirabilandia's iSpeed, Katun and Divertical.

Liseberg's Balder, Lisebergbanan and Helix

SDC's Outlaw Run, Powder Keg and Wildfire.

Hershey's Intamin trio: Stormrunner, Fahrenheit and SkyRush.

That's a very good one. Hershey has my second and third favourite rides (storm runner and skyrush) but then I'm not sure if I would put great bear or Fahrenheit right after those. They're both great fun with Fahrenheit having great moments of airtime (the drop and hill towards the end) and great bear having (in my opinion) a slightly better pacing and being very very solid.

I didn't get to ride neither el toro nor maverick (both closed) but assume that, if I had, they would both fit in very good trios.

Honourable mention to portaventura for DK and FB (both awesome) and shambhala which, despite not being near my top at all, is very solid with many moments of air and a great first drop.

Out of all the parks I've been to, these have three coasters I'd consider top tier rides. From best trio to worst trio...

Cedar Point: Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster (the Intamin Trio)

Six Flags Magic Mountain: X2, Tatsu, and YOLOcoaster (you could also add Goliath for a quartet)

Six Flags Great Adventure: El Toro, Nitro, and Kingda Ka

Busch Gardens Williamsburg: Griffon, Apollo's Chariot, and Alpengeist (the B&M Trio)

Dollywood: Thunderhead, Mystery Mine, and Wild Eagle (haven't actually been on Wild Eagle, so this could be misjudged)

I gotta say, after going to Dollywood, I'd definately put Tennessee Tornado on the list. Really awesome coaster. I rank it above Mystery Mine and above Wild Eagle.