TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Fuji-Q Highland

So there are few parks left on my bucket list, but one of them was Fuji-Q. I decided that since i was coming out to Japan for the Weird Parks of Japan TPR Trip, i would come in a few days early so i could get a full day at Fuji-Q. I had heard a lot of negative about this park over the years, but it was seeming like it was getting better with the last few reports. I knew what i had to do, get there early, buy fast passes, and the day should not be that bad.

This is my Story.

After talking to some people i had been told that the easiest way to get to Fuji-Q was by bus. When i arrived last night, i went to the concierge in my hotel to try to make Reservations to get to Fuji-Q for opening. I was told that all the buses were sold out (this should of been my first clue), so i elected to take the 3 hour train ride to get there. So after leaving my hotel at 5AM, and 4 train rides later we are pulling up to Mt-Fuji.

418603299_2014-03-2116_09_14.thumb.jpg.3e3f09204519aa320e3a8f522a6f352c.jpg

Here it is, Mt Fuji in the distance, beautiful clear sky.

1383097238_2014-03-2108_09_02.thumb.jpg.23f73df76b68936f2ff5eddbb19bab8d.jpg

And there is the park. Arrived right at 8:15, but no coasters testing. uh, oh whats wrong here?

1619167215_2014-03-2108_45_21.thumb.jpg.b8c5df0aeed969d375eee5eaf0480303.jpg

After wandering around the park a little, Fujiyama and Dodondapa all said open at 10. Damn you Fuji-Q, but the Mouse was open, and i could see them cycling trains on Takabisha, so i thought i would be ok. (I Rode the mouse)

Then i went to the Fast Pass window to buy my fast passes, at 9:15 i was told they were all sold out for the day!!!!!!! This was when i started to get worried, still had not seen anything but Takabisha and the Mouse running, and looks like im going to have to wait in-line... So i walk over to Takabisha to start there.

1900003067_2014-03-2109_54_48.thumb.jpg.f52d05afaf13e90e24205f449f961910.jpg

And This is what i see.

At this point im pissed. I cant believe it! Is this park really that bad. On a major holiday in Japan they are only going to have 2 coasters open. I decide to wander round and try to be first in line for when one of the other rides open at 10. I walk up to Fujiyama, and find that no, now its closed indefinitely for wind.... ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER COASTER IN THE PARK....

So i do what any other Credit Whore would do, i go to the bathroom, get some lunch, and get in line.

(during this time, my phone dies so we are pictureless for a while)

I get in line at 10:15. at 2:45pm i get off the ride.....

IT WAS AWFUL. the ride shakes like no 2 year old ride should, you get banged into the lap bar at every turn, and the transitions are jerky. They are only running 3 trains, and dispatching every 2 minutes. This gives us a MAXIMUM capacity of 240 guests an hour. But it gets worse, my train they sent out with only 5 of the seats filled. They made me take off my watch, because that could of been a hazard, and put it in a locker. THEN GIVE ME A KEY WITH A PIECE OF ELASTIC TO WEAR ROUND MY WRIST. I don't know about you guys, but i have lost cell phones, papers, and Glasses on rides but never a watch. I also feel that if something is going to fly off, it is more likely to be a cheap piece of elastic rather than my watch that i have been wearing for years.

At this point all the other rides are still closed, still hasnt been any wind, and the 3 flat rides that were operating all had over 3 hour waits. So i give up, its not worth it, this park sucks, im done.

The only plus side to this was when i got back to the Train station they told me that for 1000 yen more i could take a direct train to Tokyo, and it would only take 90 minutes. I decided that after my day, this was well worth it.

2117467083_2014-03-2116_09_34.thumb.jpg.687a0229638305c4821bf2d66e2999c4.jpg

This is as we were leaving the park, still a beautiful day, still barely any wind.

718274180_2014-03-2116_15_00.thumb.jpg.386e75c660c4cea2876d6eeca4cf8fe4.jpg

Bye Mt. Fuji, i know you havent errupted since the 1700's, but if you could cough out a little to destroy Fuji-Q, you would be doing us all a favor.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, and I was afraid that Fuji Q was losing its "magic touch" when TPR was there last year. Good to see that they've returned to form. Then again, they were still closing coasters due to "rain" (of which there was very little).

I rather liked Takabisha last year, but the first half was definitely rougher than the second.

Wow, that's a really sucky day. Reading this makes me more thankful for the day we had on the TPR tour in 2011 when we got to ride most of the coasters - I can only imagine how pissed you'd be at what you encountered.

I still can't get my head around how such a place exists in Japan, luckily for you things are only gonna get better now, Rick!

One must suffer a terrible visit to Fuji-Q before Fuji-Q will grant a non-terrible visit.

Only then may one become a true Samurai.

I'm both sorry for you and also glad that someone can finally beat my dreadful day at Magic Mountain a few years ago. My hat is off, sir. Now go do the TPR tour and make me jealous.

Great report!

One must suffer a terrible visit to Fuji-Q before Fuji-Q will grant a non-terrible visit.

TRUTH!!!

Except in our case we had like three or four terrible visits, and in reality, ALL of them have been terrible because the only reason anyone else had a moderately good time on a TPR tour is because we made the sacrifice, took the bullet for the team and made arrangements so their day wouldn't be complete crap.

Fuji-Q is the worst run park in the world. Hands down.

I almost feel as though we should stop helping people out on TPR tours because then they come up to us after they've had an "ok" day (thanks to us) and tell us "Robb, Elissa... I don't know what you guys are talking about... This place ain't so bad!"

IMO, everyone should experience Fuji-Q as it was meant to be seen!

How interesting. When I visited Fuji-Q on a cold day in February 2008, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well organised the park was run.

I was staying in a small town nearby, with a short, direct train ride to the park. This was simple, cheap and convenient.

Next, all the rides were open (though Fujiyama closed in the afternoon due to high winds), and the longest I queued was about 1hr for Dodonpa. I got about 5 rides in on Eijanaika (or however it's spelt!)

Perhaps I was lucky, but I would go back there tomorrow if I could!

Has it gone downhill since 2008?

I'm sorry you had such a bad day at Fuji Q. It really is a pain and a big disappointment when you finally get to visit a park on your bucket list and it repays you like that.

Your trip can only get better and the glorious parks of the Tokyo Disney resort will make you totally forget about Fuji Q.

After hearing about your day there I can honestly say I appreciate my good day there last year about 10 times over what I thought originally.

Many many thanks to R&E for the work they put in then.

Anyway, I hope Kawasemi lives upto your expectations today!

How interesting. When I visited Fuji-Q on a cold day in February 2008, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well organised the park was run.

I was staying in a small town nearby, with a short, direct train ride to the park. This was simple, cheap and convenient.

Next, all the rides were open (though Fujiyama closed in the afternoon due to high winds), and the longest I queued was about 1hr for Dodonpa. I got about 5 rides in on Eijanaika (or however it's spelt!)

Perhaps I was lucky, but I would go back there tomorrow if I could!

Has it gone downhill since 2008?

You either got very lucky or have a high tolerance for stupidity. We have been there 5 or 6 times so be 2004, at different times of the year, and is always been terrible.

You can't win with Fuji-Q.

I and others had been somewhat lucky in both 2011 and last summer, but that was totally due to

how Robb and Elissa got us there, took care of the fast (ha) passes, and such.

The first TPR Tour visit in 2007 was the real headache for us.

And I hope (knock wood) we never repeat that.

Thanks for sharing your "experience".

Now go and enjoy the rest of Japan! Have a great tour!

He guys...seriously : I think we should all boycott that park.

I really think it`s wrong that the park is getting any more money from communities who can "warn" each other !

They should really get in huge financial trouble for treating the visitors like that IMHO.

^ Unfortunately, we TPR visitors are in the minority who visit this park.

The locals put up with it, year after year after year. So, even if we're not happy

with how bad operations get, our criticism is minimal.

And if the locals don't complain about all this... well... Fuji-Q marches on...... slowly.

Cause the Japanese are polite, lol.

And thats the thing, i couldn't understand what they were saying, but the people behind me were pointing at the Map and looking at the App as if they were talking about which ride to go cue for next!

And yes, this proves how great R&E are doing what they are doing. This was a miserable day for me, and even though i didnt fly all the way around the world just for this park. It was still a terrible way to start off the trip. Luckily after today I have the TPR tour to guide me, and im sure no park in Japan will ever be as bad as this one (maybe no park in the world).

Cause the Japanese are polite, lol.

This is true, especially of Fuji-Q. But I/we found the same thing, even in the

huge Disney Resort. Massive crowds, all moving along, but still pretty HUGE if

you haven't been though many, like myself. For both parks too. But everybody

held it together, and moved along in a usually quiet, orderly fashion. And even

smiling at us TPR visitors, very happy we came to "their parks" from far away.

Somewhat freeky at times to me, but that's their culture, so I went with it.

I've had two terrible visits there. It seems like they owe me something really good, like a unicorn.

Japan is one of the greatest places on Earth. Everything is super-efficient, and the people are extremely polite. Every place I've visited there resulted in a great experience. Except Fuji-Q. I have no idea why this place is so horrible. Maybe it's run by an army of mole people or something that were sent here to torment us.

I'll be happy to never visit this park ever again.

dt

^ Unfortunately, now that Takabisha has been open since 2011, I have this

awful awful feeling, there's going to be another one built, soon.

And then of course, we have to go for the unique coaster it's bound to be,

and for the credit.... who knows?

Maybe it'll be a good visit?

^I think the only thing I missed that day was Dodonpa, which I swear only dispatched like five times. I think it dispatched even less then that the other time I was there.

At this point, I'd much rather have fun at a park than make sure I get "credits". So unless they build Dinosaur: The Coaster Where You Get Sex & Tacos At The End, I'll likely never visit this park again. It's just not worth the aggravation.

dt

Edited by Meteornotes