TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

Wow! Excellent use of the existing terrain.

Yeah, but let's not give them too much credit, it's not like could have just bulldozed the mountain or anything, or maybe they could have I don't know. THis thing looks insane.

Hmm--I would give them lot of credit. It's one thing to build a coaster on a flat piece of ground; it's quite another to have to deal with hills, rock outcroppings, and other natural features.

I'll give them tons of credit also if this thing opens on June 18th!!!

That, too.

Edited by cfc

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable!

I remember Robb geeking out about this coaster when it was announced... I thought it looked great, but I didn't get why he was SOOO very enthustiatic about it...

I get it now... I'm sitting here and I can hardly believe this thing is real...

And what do you know... Maybe they'll actually get this thing hauling before Lightning Rod opens.

#DontWorryItWillOpen #DontLetHashtagBattleEnsue

Can't wait to see a HQ POV of this, much less ride it...

The European Coaster Club posted a message on their Facebook page that the park are struggling to get this open for the 18th, even going so far as to ask the ECC to recommend members don't book any flights yet, just in case. They've also said that there won't be a press event because of the construction delays.

Looks like they're in for plenty of long days and even longer nights getting this ready!

This coaster is just......I can't even!!

What a setting! What a layout!! Does this beat Boulder Dash for best use of terrain/surroundings? I dunno, but I think it might!!

Considering how extensive the work had to be to construct this, a small part of me will laugh when this possibly opens before Lightning Rod!

Very jealous of all of you fine folks who get to experience this glorious creation this year!

The European Coaster Club posted a message on their Facebook page that the park are struggling to get this open for the 18th, even going so far as to ask the ECC to recommend members don't book any flights yet, just in case. They've also said that there won't be a press event because of the construction delays.

Looks like they're in for plenty of long days and even longer nights getting this ready!

I was drafting plans for going up there maybe the week after opening (along with Gröna Lund) but hearing this I should probably hold off until it's made certain that Wildfire will open on time.

I never thought I would be this excited for a coaster where the minimum amount of time it would take me to get to the park is probably around 6 hours if I travel by the fastest possible way!

Luckily they actually do have long days up there!

No kidding, sleep before midnight is practially impossible LOL!

Can't wait to try it out myself. I really hope they can do it in 10 days, I have faith.

They seem confident, Kolmården posted a video on facebook an hour ago with the text "10 days left".

Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be as good as Joker!

Not worried. I can see already that its tracks are brown and not purple and green.

Pretty scenery though! The view from the top of that lift hill is probably amazing.

I find it absolutely brilliant that they've managed to get all the track work done so quick with opening day closing in. The drop looks fantastic now it's all done as well, very excited for testing to start in the next few days!

So I've heard discussion on whether or not the wood/steel mix looks good on the lift/turnaround/drop, and if they should have made the turnaround part of the metal structure. Personally I think so, and they also should have continued the structure until the bottom of the drop, too. What do you think?

^Personally i don't think that it makes a difference at all and that it's just a really impressive looking coaster. It's like it is for structural reasons anyway rather than for looks, lets not forget that it's built mostly on a hill that's very rocky so it's great how it's been designed and that they've actually managed to do it.