TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April-weather in Sweden.

It's always crazy!

It rains, it snows, it hails... You have the awesomely warm and pretty days and the incredibly cold and windy ones... It switches like crazy. Sometimes within a day.

It's like nature can't decide if it's winter or spring...

For some reason, I love the voice and demeanour of this Damien dude. Seems like a great character!

Also some more info have surface about the situation with the building permit.

During the fall the Land and Environmental High Court granted permission for another appeal, this time it's the last stage in the hierarchy before it's final.

A decision will come during the fall 2016, but Wildfire will be able to operate on an exemption this summer since it in fact have received a building permit (that is being challenged). An investigation about the birdlife and the coaster will have to be done this spring and is gonna be part of the final ruling.

It is however highly unlikely that the high court will come to any other conclusion than what the regular Land and Environmental Court did, but they just can't skip the highest court for the sake of it (this is Sweden after all). Also Kolmården is feeling so confident in this ride that they are proceeding with construction, so I don't see any reason to worry here.

What's really is annoying is that the park have to live with the uncertainty. Also annoying is all the levels of bureaucracy there is in this country -.-

Kolmården has done something INCREDIBLE! I can't believe it is really happening, and i'm surprised if that is not world's best roller coaster Really, this coaster is amazing! Sweden won gold with this....

"unlike hockey this year" -Said a normal, bit jeallous finn:ME!

Edited by Arn'O

You Swedes are so lucky and the general public has absolutely no idea what they're in for. Like has been said a few times by the looks of it Wildfire may end up becoming the best roller coaster in the world. It's is going to be absolutely beautiful when it's done, it already is quite frankly. It's literally like a Nolimits dream coaster made reality.

Kolmården yesterday opened their new kiddie attraction Skalmans Hot Air Balloons in The World of Bamse. The new themed world opened last year and was the main reason for the parks great visitor numbers 2015, an increase of 40% (!) in one season. With this new ballon ride, and a additional ride next year, Kolmården hopes to keep the Bamse hype up and together with Wildfire, attract the whole family (small children - teenagers).

skalmans.thumb.jpg.9f12641319fd33de1e31155baa473f2e.jpg

bamses.thumb.jpg.7352f2b03cd09e5008c6275f090aff8d.jpg