TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

I think that RMC stole an element design for the outwards wave turn from some random NL2 designer out there, and didn't give credit! I can't remember who it was, but I'll post a link if I find out where the proof is It is quite an honor to have your design be used by such a great firm, but he should have gotten paid at least a small amount for it

I guarantee you more than one person used that element way before NL2.

Wait...you're saying he should have gotten credit for taking two of their original elements...that had never been used before, the outside banked turn (Outlaw Run) and the wave turn (Outlaw Run)...combined them (on a game)...and RMC should pay him? The other side of that argument would be that his design was derivative of an original RMC design in the first place.

Just remember, for every design that we see from RMC, whether it be virtual or built, they probably have tens or hundreds in the computer and filed away that didn't get used. (But hopefully will some day)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that me you're talking about? I posted a similar turn on their Facebook and THEY LIKED IT (literally).

Coicidence? I think NOT.

Yeah, I thought it was you but I couldn't remember where I'd seen that! BTW I'm Zergei on NL2 Forum

I am very much enjoying these video blogs about the construction. This coaster is going to be amazeballs when it is done.

Seems like they are using a different approach to building this coaster. Getting most of the bents in place before laying any track. Seems like the Dollywood RMC did a combo of both at the same time. Did Outlaw Run or Goliath get their framework done then place track? Or maybe I just missed an episode where they did lay some track here on Wildfire.

Anyways this coaster, as Guy said, will be AMAZEBALLS!

Seems like they are using a different approach to building this coaster. Getting most of the bents in place before laying any track. Seems like the Dollywood RMC did a combo of both at the same time. Did Outlaw Run or Goliath get their framework done then place track? Or maybe I just missed an episode where they did lay some track here on Wildfire.

You must remember that when the construction stopped because they lost the permit all of the production of the rails stopped in the US as well. Getting things restarted takes a bit of time as there are other projects RMC can't ignore. That is most likely the reason for the lack of rails so far.

You must remember that when the construction stopped because they lost the permit all of the production of the rails stopped in the US as well. Getting things restarted takes a bit of time as there are other projects RMC can't ignore. That is most likely the reason for the lack of rails so far.

Completely forgot about that. Makes sense.