TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This guy is so cool! I know there are a number of people out there who "report" to the gp about updates and such.

And do it in a friendly, easy going manner. This guy is no exception, and I wish a few other people were more like him.

They're going to need some Gore-Tex up there...

[/quote

I know we've all said it but I really like these videos. Great edits and filming. I always look forward to watching the next video.

Maybe I'm missing the videos with the great shot's and editing your talking about because every video I've seen has been of nothing but this Guy talking

I don't know if they've previously listed a month that they planned to open Wildefire, but according to the latest video, they're shooting for June.

on "the experience" video, it was listed in the text in the beginning. could have been mentioned earlier, but i'm not sure.

1772926212_ScreenShot2016-01-22at11_29_07PM.thumb.png.2649f36d2614ed440ffe9a6a8b08e7b6.png

• 2 weeks later...
I've been waiting for another Falcon's Fury to pop up somewhere else. Wouldn't shock me if they plan to add one! Imagine the view from the top looking at the water and woods

Honestly I am surprised no one else has purchased another Falcons Fury that ride is awesome! Of course for a drop tower they won't be cheap I'm sure but I think in Europe it could be a big draw as the first.

If someone was still doubting about the steel/wooden structure of the lift hill and drop, I'd say based on this episode that the structure will have metal scaffolding, kinda like Goliath.

Also, just imagine a RMC coaster and a Falcon's Fury drop tower next to each other! If they have convinced the government about building tall amusement rides, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't buy a drop tower, regular or similar to FF. That'd certainly bring in the adrenaline junkies (and enthusiasts!) and put Kolmården even more to the map.

^That actually makes a lot of sense. I didn't think about it when I saw the video, but when you're a zoo starting to develop into a combined zoo and thrill park, it makes sense to check out how a park like BGT has combined the two.

Great to hear they will start putting track in place soon, really looking forward to see that!

Honestly I am surprised no one else has purchased another Falcons Fury that ride is awesome! Of course for a drop tower they won't be cheap I'm sure but I think in Europe it could be a big draw as the first.

The ride only opened late 2014. It usually takes a few years before a new ride catches on. Blue Fire opened in 2009 but we didn't see another one until 2012 and nowadays they are opening up everywhere.

Also it's definitely not as expensive as one would think, Falcon's Fury costed around $6 million which is probably standard for a 102 meter drop tower. Smaller versions are available, the smallest one is 60 meters tall and seats 4x4 riders, which would be significantly cheaper.

I guess we will see more of them in the coming years.

If someone was still doubting about the steel/wooden structure of the lift hill and drop, I'd say based on this episode that the structure will have metal scaffolding, kinda like Goliath.

It will be a wood/steel hybrid structure.

245832988_Skrmavbild2016-02-13kl_10_37_25.thumb.png.8f13b2ede4eeab62c61aac970479413c.png

I think that RMC stole an element design for the outwards wave turn from some random NL2 designer out there, and didn't give credit! I can't remember who it was, but I'll post a link if I find out where the proof is It is quite an honor to have your design be used by such a great firm, but he should have gotten paid at least a small amount for it

thumb_sk__rmavbild_2016-02-13_kl.png

This is just a rendering. There is still a possibility that the structure will just have the metal scaffolding structure like Goliath.

I mean...

Goliath's original rendering.

The actual product: (in case anyone has forgotten)

I think that RMC stole an element design for the outwards wave turn from some random NL2 designer out there, and didn't give credit! I can't remember who it was, but I'll post a link if I find out where the proof is It is quite an honor to have your design be used by such a great firm, but he should have gotten paid at least a small amount for it

I guarantee you more than one person used that element way before NL2.

Is that me you're talking about? I posted a similar turn on their Facebook and THEY LIKED IT (literally).

Coicidence? I think NOT.

(that's a joke, and as CP Maverick said, there may have been many designs of this before mine)

It will be steel only, see this blueprint:

12383222_142661949442794_296010993_n.jpg

(Park's Instagram)

Spot the sparse footers for the lift and the drop.