TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the commercial, really cool video! I guess we should start seeing track in the not-so-distant future, very much looking forward to that. I still cannot fully believe that we are actually getting an RMC in Scandinavia! So excited to visit Kolmården next year...

I have never been on one of these super hybrids, but I cant help but miss straight airtime hills on wooden coasters

I have had the same thought about these RMC creations. But then again I haven't been on any of them yet, so I will withhold judgement until I have been on the ride. Then after that I can say if I wished the ride had more straight hills or not. Either way it will still be an incredible ride!

I have never been on one of these super hybrids, but I cant help but miss straight airtime hills on wooden coasters

There are plenty on RMC coasters. Both Goliath and Outlaw Run have straight airtime hills. Just go back and watch some beautiful TPR videos

goliath.thumb.jpg.58a80de9940eb814d6384cfe31024f57.jpg

One holy hell airtime hill

1505055885_outlawrun.JPG.70d16ee1e093c0c7bee8cf01c2bf3f31.JPG

A strong pop before the double barrel roll

^Obviously there are straight airtime hills on the coasters that RMC makes. I think what some people are missing are those large El Tory-style airtime hills. Storm Chasers second hill is of decent size. But as I said, this 'lack of straight hills' is really just an assumption from my side, and I will withhold my judgement until I have ridden Wildfire (and hopefully a couple of others RMC's). After that I can give my opinion on whether these rides needs more big straight hills or not.

Funny enough Medusa Steel Coaster technically has the fewest and it's my favorite RMC so far. RMC does an amazing job of squeezing in airtime into like every element they build.

This is one of the things that makes me so excited to try my first RMC next year. I've heard many people saying that RMC's tends to deliver airtime in places where you don't expect it to be any airtime. Nothing like some good, surprising airtime on a rollercoaster...

• 3 weeks later...
^Obviously there are straight airtime hills on the coasters that RMC makes. I think what some people are missing are those large El Tory-style airtime hills. Storm Chasers second hill is of decent size. But as I said, this 'lack of straight hills' is really just an assumption from my side, and I will withhold my judgement until I have ridden Wildfire (and hopefully a couple of others RMC's). After that I can give my opinion on whether these rides needs more big straight hills or not.

Funny enough Medusa Steel Coaster technically has the fewest and it's my favorite RMC so far. RMC does an amazing job of squeezing in airtime into like every element they build.

This is one of the things that makes me so excited to try my first RMC next year. I've heard many people saying that RMC's tends to deliver airtime in places where you don't expect it to be any airtime. Nothing like some good, surprising airtime on a rollercoaster...

Yes the large Toro-style is exactly what I'm thinking. These look over computerized to me, but also never been on one so can't say much, as long as there's a mix of old fashioned woodies still being built in the mix I'm happy.

I just need to get myself on one so I can feel the greatness.

^Obviously there are straight airtime hills on the coasters that RMC makes. I think what some people are missing are those large El Toro-style airtime hills.

Bingo. Those and the kind of speed hills that Phoenix has. I'm very much a purist in that sense, and it's why I've never gotten into Rocky Mountain's coasters like most other people have. I'll take multiple straight airtime hills in a row over "holy crap I don't know which way I'm going now up down left right twisty twisty" any day of the week - but that's nothing against them.

You do you, Rocky Mountain. Keep making people happy. I'll be over there riding my favorite classic.

Between the update from Dollywood and now Wildfire, Rocky Mountain Construction is really spoiling us with excellent construction photos!

Indeed! And they both look like awesome rides! I'll probably have a chance to ride this one first, though.