TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So will the coaster be visible from the bay? It seems like it will considering how tall both cranes are in relation to the tree line

I'm sure it will be. You can spot the cliff Wildfire will rise upon as a bright spot underneath the highest crane (the crane is actually located at the top of the cliff). However, considering it's a wooden coaster it will blend in to the environment and not stand out as the yellow cranes, obviously.

I looks good, it wasn't as intense and I thought it would be, I actually understand more why Dollywood avoid inversions. I think Wildfire might have been better if they skipped the inversion for more airtime moment. Just my opinion and to be clear I think this ride is an amazing ride!

^I actually think the inversions are relatively well spread out with plenty of twistyness and airtime moments in the middle. Perhaps I would replace the first one with a big el toro style airtime hill but then RMC seems to prefer shorter pops of air with quick changes of direction between them.

I think it looks fantastic especially considering the pacing and duration as these more intense rides usually are a bit short.

I looks good, it wasn't as intense and I thought it would be, I actually understand more why Dollywood avoid inversions. I think Wildfire might have been better if they skipped the inversion for more airtime moment. Just my opinion and to be clear I think this ride is an amazing ride!

What's hard to tell from the video is where airtime will actually be. If you remember, the Outlaw Run video looked more twisty than full of airtime, but in reality there is crazy airtime all over that ride! You get launched out of your seat sideways, upside down ways, and places that don't look like you should get airtime from the video. So you never know!

Edited by robbalvey

Between Wildfire and Lightning Rod RMC is going to dominate next year. Both rides look so different too!

Wildfire looks like crazy alpine blitz trip through the woods where riders get thrown around every direction possible, and probably feel like they are gonna get smacked into a tree, then they leave feeling absolutely disoriented.

Lightning Rod on the other hand looks like a mountain climbing roller coaster hopped up on good Appalachian crystal meth that will take you up and down a mountain and try to throw you off into a tree every chance it gets ending in a brutal quad down.

What the hell is gonna happen when they build a T-rex coaster, cause my head might explode.

WOW that was like riding in virtual reality, I thought I was feeling airtime in my desk chair lol

It's seam like every part of this coaster your in some kind of airtime producing twisting turning dropping craziness or in some crazy twisting zero g producing inversion. Then on top of that the setting, the head choppers galore this coaster looks action packed from start to finish. For anyone, especially one that claims to be an enthusiast to look at this and say this coaster should've had or could've had this or that just amazes me and not in a good way!!! lol This coaster looks like the closet thing to perfection I've seen. It's has everything that enthusiast or always crying about a coaster should've or could've had. Terrain, setting, theme, pure insanity what more could you want?

What's hard to tell from the video is where airtime will actually be. If you remember, the Outlaw Run video looked more twisty than full of airtime, but in reality there is crazy airtime all over that ride! You get launched out of your seat sideways, upside down ways, and places that don't look like you should get airtime from the video. So you never know!

Comments like this makes me so excited to try this next year! When watching some of these animations I have sometimes been thinking "Sure this looks awesome, but I wish they could have added some 'normal' airtime hills along the way". From the reviews I've been reading of some of the RMC coasters, itseems like you need to ride them to fully understand how awesome they are.

Cant wait for next year!!!

If I learned one thing from Twisted Colossus and Lightning Run it's that RMC knows how to sneak in air time when you least expect it. The top gun stall delivered the most interesting sensation I've ever felt on a coaster.

These rides look like something dreamed up in NL, but they're actually getting built.

Having not been on an RMC before I don't have anything to base my opinion on this against. With that being said this definitely looks like it will be a great ride and I love how it interacts with the terrain. I hope one day I can get out to ride this as it will be my first RMC of I do. Will it beat Balder as my number one woodie though? Well that remains to be seen

Frankly I think it looks like it has potential to be one of the best coasters on the planet! It looks amazing and you almost don't see coasters built on such a steep terrain, let alone utilize it so very well. You can almost never see what's coming up next, looks absolutely thrilling!

OMG Mattias He's already sexy ASF!!! Then he owns Amusement parks/Zoos and building one of the most beautiful and downright insane looking coasters on the Planet! I am totally in love, this is the hottest man on thee planet in my eyes!!! The name WildFire is perfect because between Mattias and this RMC masterpiece I am feeling the heat lol