TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit sad about the news. I wonder how the future is of this project, still hope it will be completed someday, I really wish to ride it one day.

Me too. And I thought I'd be riding my first RMC next year

Concern of negative environmental impact.

Concern of excessive noise from the attraction.

Concern of traffic problems.

Smells similar to a Ravine Flyer II legal battle. Hopefully, this one doesn't take almost ten years to resolve.

I would honestly rather wait a few more years for a Wildfire with it's original layout, instead of a modified and sterilized layout that is approved by Länsstyrelsen. As long as the zero-g stall remains untouched, I'll be happy.

This entire opposition is really because of neighbourhood conservatism, which I completely understand, I would also be sceptical in their position. The way I see it there seems to be no real environmental or noise related issues, so I hope for the project to continue shortly (probably won't though...). If noise should be a problem, I seriously wouldn't mind a some noice reduction tunnels!

Still, this is very depressing, living about an hour from Kolmården. I thought I'd be riding my first RMC, but this is obviously not happening anytime soon...

Chatted a bit with the owners of the park today. I'll say more when I can but as of right now they have told me to share this message: "Let everyone know that Wildfire will happen and we appreciate all the support that we are receiving from coaster fans all over the world."

Whew! Thank god! Was worried there for a second.

How loud is a RMC? They can use a I-box track, it sounds quieter.

Outlaw Run- very loud, definitely will get complaint

Others- from the videos, NTaG is almost Gerstlauer silent.

I believe that they should be able to use the polyurethane wheels like they did on Goliath to make it quieter (Goliath's initial test runs did have some noise, but now that coaster isn't loud at all).

:) Whew! Thank god! Was worried there for a second.

How loud is a RMC? They can use a I-box track, it sounds quieter.

Outlaw Run- very loud, definitely will get complaint

Others- from the videos, NTaG is almost Gerstlauer silent.

I believe that they should be able to use the polyurethane wheels like they did on Goliath to make it quieter (Goliath's initial test runs did have some noise, but now that coaster isn't loud at all).

They are going with nylon wheels on TC and WC. Their track manufacturing is accurate enough to ensure smoothness. The top layers need to be replaced every 5 years so the track damage from nylon wheels doesn't matter anyway.

The problem with those would be the drag they create. Wildfire is relatively long and in the animation seems to maintain its speed pretty well so I would assume they'd have to use steel wheels.

Wildfire is relatively long and in the animation seems to maintain its speed pretty well so I would assume they'd have to use steel wheels.

Nah, that would never be allowed, to much noise. It's all polyurethane!