TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

^Very, very good point... In a way, however, just us talking about the complainers is almost as bad as the complaining itself lol.

Anyway. Back on topic. This ride looks amazing! The first time I saw it, I thought of many people's "dream coasters" built in NL2, and was shocked this was being built. Can't wait to see all the reactions and POVs etc on the TPR 2016 Scandi trip!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting that ajfelice. With this recent batch of coaster announcements it's something that has been on my mind (and driving my crazy) a lot lately. Reading it expressed so well, and also knowing that others feel the same way, makes me feel better.

Unfortunately in our world, dissatisfied people are more likely to complain than satisfied people are to express their happiness with a business or product.

This is why I avoid reviews on google maps like the plague. Not very many people think, "I had a very pleasant and satisfying experience at that diner, I think I'll go give them a good review on the internet!"

Actually, while its a popular opinion for those who have the most basic understanding of marketing that complainers are the only people on the Internet, many outlets are changing this in big ways. A lot of review sites have implemented reputation systems so that people are motivated to review based on credibility rather than for the sake of complaining. If youre an avid user of a review site, you arent tempted to only complain, youre tempted to review as many things as possible to get your post counts up to achieve different "rankings" and then write your reviews honestly so you are marked up and "rewarded" with credibility points. Sure, a lot of one- or two-time Internet critics will write something online specifically to complain, but their low post counts damage their credibility and many sites are taking measures to make sure posts like this are buried under more honest, credible reviews.

But OrlandoGuy, what about random Facebook posts with no such system? When you delve past basic marketing and into psychology, you will also begin to notice a trend for people to gravitate away from the general "groupthink". Certain people are more likely to defend something the majority shows disdain for, or criticize something receiving high praise, ESPECIALLY on social media. You can even see this sort of trend happen on this board. In the age of the Internet and social media, what used to be commonly known as groupthink is beginning to work against itself in quite an interesting phenomenon.

Ive barely scratched the surface of these sort of sociological marketing principles, but they definitely exist. Not all people posting on the Internet are there to complain, nor are they as simple-minded as many might think.

All that being said, lets look at this announcement. Its criticism could stem from many things--the fact that Scandinavian locals likely have little to no knowledge of what an actual RMC ride is like; people's general dislike of status quo change (in this case, several devoted fans may be troubled at a large roller coaster potentially destroying the charm of their original zoo); or the aforementioned anti-groupthink, where something that has attracted much praise combined with the two former-mentioned examples is bound to attract criticism.

• 4 weeks later...

While everybody is excited for Wildfire remember that there is a Zierer coaster coming in 2015, they have started to manufacture the train in Germany.

Looks like the theming will be great in this new kiddie area!

Source

Edited by _koppen

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...