TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

My prediction is that some park will want to build the world's first wooden vertical drop some time in 2016-2017, and RMC will be the one to do it. Then launched woodies will follow soon after. (At least that's my dream )

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of funny that I haven't even been on the Scandi Tour yet and I'm already thinking of going back.

You are so welcome over here, just keep coming!

Edit: auto-spell

Edited by _koppen

• 5 weeks later...

^

Right now, I don't know of any webcam, but I hope there will be one. If there is one, it probably won't be up for a while, because the ride doesn't open for two more years, and it probably hasn't even started construction yet (I could be wrong, though).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just on Kolmarden's Facebook page looking at the comments of reactions to Wildfire from April, and apparently, people over there aren't very happy about Wildfire. Everyone there is complaining that they aren't spending money on the animals because of Wildfire. The park responded saying that their first priority is still the animals, but that's not my main point. How on Earth can these people possibly be mad about a roller coaster like this?! Even though these people may not be aware that RMC coasters are mind-blowing, I thought that they would eat this up. I just don't get it.

^^ if it was built in a theme park I'm sure 99% of the visitors would like it. Now it's beeing built in a zoo. The annual visitors are there for the animals, it's not strange that they don't get excited for a rollercoaster.

I'm sure Wildfire will be enjoyed by alot of the regulars and it will also attract people like me (never been to Kolmården) to the park.

I was just on Kolmarden's Facebook page looking at the comments of reactions to Wildfire from April, and apparently, people over there aren't very happy about Wildfire. Everyone there is complaining that they aren't spending money on the animals because of Wildfire. The park responded saying that their first priority is still the animals, but that's not my main point. How on Earth can these people possibly be mad about a roller coaster like this?! Even though these people may not be aware that RMC coasters are mind-blowing, I thought that they would eat this up. I just don't get it.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone likes roller coasters. Also contrary to popular belief, some people like zoos.

Yes, I agree. Too bad they do. ( talk negative )

About Kålmården, I Think the ride is a good thing for the park.

In a long way, its gonna give more PR, more visitors, more Money = More happy animals and people.

1743132475_ef7ccd1c51d2cb7928a6a2de211bcc8a(1).jpg.cbd6630a370507581405790a01e8696a.jpg

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone likes roller coasters. Also contrary to popular belief, some people like zoos.

I know that, but I'm just surprised that the original reaction was so negative. Even though this park is primarily a zoo, people will usually eat up anything resembling a roller coaster.

^ People also just like to seem to complain about literally EVERYTHING lately. I'm just so sick of it. This is what the internet has done to the world.

Couldn't agree with you more, Robb. All of this internet negativity is just another reason why I'm losing hope in humanity .

Not to continue to stray away from the topic of the Wildfire coaster itself further, but a huge takeaway while completing my Marketing Degree was the pros and cons of the online world, particularly social media. With all of the great benefits of the internet and social media, there comes one huge downfall. The internet, primarily social media, gives a public platform to the complainers, and businesses now have to cope with a more public display of customer complaints which can reflect poorly on the business. Complainers have existed since the dawn of time, but the Internet has given them a new outlet to express their discontent. Unfortunately in our world, dissatisfied people are more likely to complain than satisfied people are to express their happiness with a business or product.

I'm sure once the benefits of having Wildfire are realized, many of these naysayers will pretend they never had a problem with the coaster being built and they will have moved onto their next paranoid cause.