TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

It's hard to believe how much RMC has achieved in just a few years! It's been almost three years since NTAG opened, who knows what else they'll do in three more years?!?!?

RMC is going to leave a coaster legacy just like PTC, Arrow Dynamics, 1990s B&M, Intamin, Prior and Church and LaMarcus Thompson before them! (I know there are more )

I hope that RMC's building techniques begin to have more widespread use throughout the industry. We might be on the brink of another "Golden Age of Rollercoasters" as some people say.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I'm not really impressed with the coaster. Goliath still holds ALL the records it still has. It's only taller than Goliath, only 3 inversions, only 70 miles per hour, and no launch??? I know I'm going to get A LOT of ranting towards me... but the fact of the matter is: Cedar's Not Impressed. Period.

So let me get this straight, you only would have been impressed if this was a 71MPH launching woodie with four inversions?

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

Well the kid is 13, but his opinion supports the the current national trend of building record breakers because records are the only way you can be "extreme" and "thrilling" apparently

RMC is really doing things that nobody saw coming even three or four years ago. Intamin redefined what ejector airtime is on steel coasters and wood coasters in the 2000's (and laterals with I305), and it looked like Intamin woodie would be as extreme and certainly as fast as we could go. Now, multiple records are simultaneously broken by a single company without competition, and has changed the outlook on wooden coasters in only two years (i.e. Outlaw Run).

This just looks so wacky I can't imagine how it will ride. As rides get more extreme/unorthodox I feel like pov's and renderings become less and less telling. The layout is neat, crazy, but like all layouts the actual speed is the deciding factor, and whether or not it's a #1 ride won't be seen until there are butts on the seat.

17 Million dollars! For a 'wooden' coaster! At a zoo! That is unbelievable.

Also its too far away from me, in space and time.

Fred Grubb said RMC is booked for the next couple years, right? After this announcement, I'm very excited for possible 2015 RMC projects in the U.S.

To me it seems that Six Flags is 100% on the RMC train (pun intended), and MM and Gadv are the only major parks left without an RMC coaster.

To me it seems that Six Flags is 100% on the RMC train (pun intended), and MM and Gadv are the only major parks left without an RMC coaster.

In Bizzarro world SFA receives the RMC magnum opus in 2015.

Wow... I'm not really impressed with the coaster. Goliath still holds ALL the records it still has. It's only taller than Goliath, only 3 inversions, only 70 miles per hour, and no launch??? I know I'm going to get A LOT of ranting towards me... but the fact of the matter is: Cedar's Not Impressed. Period.

So let me get this straight, you only would have been impressed if this was a 71MPH launching woodie with four inversions?

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

Well the kid is 13, but his opinion supports the the current national trend of building record breakers because records are the only way you can be "extreme" and "thrilling" apparently

That said, YOLO!!!

Very impressed with this new coaster. Surprisingly up until this announcement, I didn't even know this park existed. Then again I probably don't know half the parks outside to US. That first drop is sure to be the crowd pleaser along with the zero G rolls.

RMC is really doing things that nobody saw coming even three or four years ago. Intamin redefined what ejector airtime is on steel coasters and wood coasters in the 2000's (and laterals with I305), and it looked like Intamin woodie would be as extreme and certainly as fast as we could go.

Wait, I305 pulls laterals? If so, when? How is this even comfortable?

RMC is really doing things that nobody saw coming even three or four years ago. Intamin redefined what ejector airtime is on steel coasters and wood coasters in the 2000's (and laterals with I305), and it looked like Intamin woodie would be as extreme and certainly as fast as we could go.

Oops, didn't say that how I wanted to. G forces during lateral movement, producing positive g's. My mistake.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67638

We have a thread aboout it right now! I305 has extremely strong forces when it changes banking from one side to the other, one of the best & most exciting elements on any coaster, I think! It never gets old.

^^IIRC, Intamin once said in an interview that they don't do inversions on wood coasters. And try to keep them traditional. (one of Robb's IAAP videos)

Costumer: "we want this"

Intamin: "no, it's nontraditional"

RMC: "we can do that"

Costumer: "take my money"

Intamin: (you just look stupid now)

Heh, still didnt take any records from Goliath at Six Flags Great America!

Record breaker or not, im stuck with Goliath only

Goliath's only records are the first 5 seconds. Sure, go ahead and claim them.

Edited by JonnyRCT3