TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

^ First off, he was being mostly sarcastic (the emoticons should tell you that) and secondly, we all make choices. I know people who have taken up second jobs just to put money aside to do theme parks trips, and that's a choice, a passion, whatever you want to call it.

I applaud you for getting on your feet and sorting out your life.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm just finding out about this now! I didn't think Rocky Mountain would be able to top themselves, but they clearly proved me wrong! I know where I'll be in 2 years' time!

Looks pretty sweet! Now they just need to build one this big and awesome in Americaaaaaaa........ preferably in Pennsylvaniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........

Or maybe you just need to traaaaaaaaaaaavel!

I have no moneeeeeeeyyyyy

SFGadv is due for a new wooden coaster in 2015 or 2016! We can always hope...

Edited by Password121

Looks pretty sweet! Now they just need to build one this big and awesome in Americaaaaaaa........ preferably in Pennsylvaniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........

SFGadv is due for a new woodie in 2015 or 2015! We can always hope...

They got Rolling Thunder in 1979 and El Toro in 2006. I'm thinking they probably aren't due for a new woodie for a while! (Not that I wouldn't mind, just being realistic!)

I'm putting my faith in Hershey or SFGAdv, I think one of them will get an RMC, it's really only a matter of when.

In other news, now this is not in any way a complaint or criticism, I'm sure it's going to be amazing, but I was wondering if anyone else thinks the pacing on this looks looser and more drawn out than any other RMC we've seen thus far.

EDIT: The difference is not as big as what I thought when I first watched the POV, the ride is still very action-packed. I think if they tried to keep up the insane energy level of Outlaw Run for the entirety of a ride this long they'd end up killing people.

Edited by Dr. M

SFGadv is due for a new woodie in 2015 or 2015! We can always hope...

They got Rolling Thunder in 1979 and El Toro in 2006. I'm thinking they probably aren't due for a new woodie for a while! (Not that I wouldn't mind, just being realistic!)

True, I guess I just hope they don't just plop down another B&M...

RMC-Intamin buyout? (Sarcasm)

I really hope that POV doesn't do this ride justice. The video makes the ride look pretty slow towards the end.

But what I am excited about is that turnaround before the first drop.

Loved it on Boardwalk Bullet and Apocalypse, I hope it's even better here.

And the two outward banked "top hats".

And that dive into the valley for its first drop.

^ It was done in No Limits 2 (is this the first NL2 rendering used by a park for promotion?), I'm sure the pacing will be different. There was a disclaimer that the video was there just to show off the layout. I mean there were sections of the track that were floating in the air without any support, I'm sure that will be different too.

Overall, my initial impression is "Wow." Now that's how you build a ride. Especially compared to SFGam's ride, RMC's talents just look so underutilized in comparison to this. I think some more air hills would have been cool considering the size of the ride but twisties are cool too. There are LOTS of twisties. This ride will be a hit for sure and I'm really excited to read the reviews and see the final POV when it comes out, and maybe one day hopefully riding this thing! More importantly, I hope it inspires SF and CF parks to want to push their designs a little bit more.

I'm really excited about this. Perhaps a llittle bit extra-excited because the Kolmården zoo is actually located very close to my hometown (Norrköping).

The ride looks awesome. The "turn-around" before the drop will surely be a mix of fright and beauty! I also appreciate how they utilize the terrain and environment. Wildfire and Helix will hopefully turn out to be great coasters.

Im sorry but it doesn't seem like it would be an amazing coaster. Yes it looks awesome, goes fast and goes upside down but i just see it as being amazing. Obviously this is just a pov and renderings and I hope the actual ride in 2 years will do it justice.

Well, if that kind of tour could be happening in 2016, I would love to do it.

But - I got myself all primed, ready and waiting for another China tour that year

(if TPR is still planning one), so sadly, I wouldn't be able to do this one.

But the coaster looks great, the layout POV is amazing, and I hope everybody

enjoys it, when they finally get to ride Wildfire.

On Wildfire we're going to ride her

We're gonna leave sod bustin' behind

Get these hard times right on out of our minds

Riding Wildfire

This looks well worth the transcontinental journey, oh yes. Giant throbbing heart emoticon times ten for RMC.

(Apologies if anyone else quoted the song before I did.)

This looks astounding. But I have one massive question.

This cannot be real. Is this just a limitation of their early rendering? I know coasters like I305 support themselves in a similar manner, but I have serious doubts that topper track could support itself like that. I know it's been said that an updated rendering is coming, so I'm assuming that this element must have some additional support over it that isn't rendered here.

Wow... I'm not really impressed with the coaster. Goliath still holds ALL the records it still has. It's only taller than Goliath, only 3 inversions, only 70 miles per hour, and no launch??? I know I'm going to get A LOT of ranting towards me... but the fact of the matter is: Cedar's Not Impressed. Period.

The video makes the ride look pretty slow towards the end.
NOTE! This POV video is for layout purposes only! A new, better POV video will be provided by the park soon!

I guess sometimes no matter how LOUD and how many times you say something, there will always be that person who doesn't listen!

Wow... I'm not really impressed with the coaster. Goliath still holds ALL the records it still has. It's only taller than Goliath, only 3 inversions, only 70 miles per hour, and no launch??? I know I'm going to get A LOT of ranting towards me... but the fact of the matter is: Cedar's Not Impressed. Period.

So let me get this straight, you only would have been impressed if this was a 71MPH launching woodie with four inversions?

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have opinions.

Wow. You know, I believe Goliath will be awesome, but now I truly do hope that Wildfire is even better, just to spite you. Oh, and by the way, in regards to your post: Phantom's Not Impressed. Period.

EDIT: Robb beat me to it!

This looks astounding. But I have one massive question.

This cannot be real. Is this just a limitation of their early rendering? I know coasters like I305 support themselves in a similar manner, but I have serious doubts that topper track could support itself like that. I know it's been said that an updated rendering is coming, so I'm assuming that this element must have some additional support over it that isn't rendered here.

I was thinking the same thing. The actual ride will probably have some sort of steel support structure like Goliath's lift hill. Just a guess, though.

This ride looks fantastic!! Having been on Outlaw Run, I know how balls to the walls this ride is gonna be!!! And this is a terrain riding coaster just like OR, so in general I think most of us are jelly right now, and wondering when RMC is going to build this length of one in the states with other super duper fire breathing, ring shooting, to the moon elements. Too bad I may not ever ride this though..

Looks fun and good, although I would have liked more pure airtime hills. I'm sure RMC will make this a ride to remember.

On another note, am I the only guy who wants RMC to build an out-and-back sometime a la El Toro with more hills?