TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

Oh man, amazing news! And even greater for the park and perhaps for Europe...

The first RMC in Europe could mean the challenge starts.. I'm looking forward to get some old coasters worked out by them. Maybe they start with Bandit around my corner in Movie Park Germany, that would be very obliging

My personal question is now, how will I manage it to go there in 2016!? I would like to do that with TPR, but doing a second trip besides (maybe) China might not be possible ;-/

Time to save money after this Scandi Trip

Good luck to the park so far!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. The ride will produce some of the strongest airtime ever attempted.

While I don't doubt what you say, I wouldn't expect the airtime to be more in physical intensity than what already exists. According to the ASTM Acceleration charts, the maximum allowed amount of airtime is -1.5 G's after 0.5 seconds. (though it can go as intense as -2 G's after 0.2 seconds, such a quick transition to those forces would probably cause an extremely uncomfortable jerk.) I remember seeing that S&S's El Locos generally pull -1.5 G's on their main drops, and I suspect that El Toro, Skyrush, etc. probably pull in the -1.2 to -1.5 range for the majority of the ride. So, basically what I'm saying is that assuming what you are saying is the truth, I'd be expecting a mix of El Toro and Outlaw Run, which is totally fine by me.

Hey Mattias and Johan, I'm curious to see if my predictions are correct. Might you be able to possibly procure those numbers for us?

Awesome ride! This has me exited and planing for Sweden in 2016. And it´s not even that far from Germany. But Helix alone couldn´t justify cancelling my Florida Trip in October.

This just looks really forceful, a good combination of Airtime and Inversions and a great length of ride, using wonderful terrain.

On the topic of Wildfire being a game changer or not:

I think it is a game changer - not on the technical side (i.e. type of ride, elements etc.) but rather regarding what this will do to the amusement industry in Sweden and Europe in general. I remember reading a report by a german coaster magazine - covering the new Heide Park Winger and Chiapas at Phantasialand, stating that germany was leading in amusement parks in Europe and far ahead of other countries. Well, that statement turned out to be very wrong today. First Helix, now this. And german parks focus on family rides and best agers. This might change when those rides and Sweden are done and draw some serious crowds.

I can quite literally compare this to when Phantasialand build Black Mamba in 2006. Not a completely new type of attraction, but it was the first time (apart from some old Vekoma loopers) that a park in Germany opened a SERIOUS looping coaster. And all the other parks followed them. Europa Park built Blue Fire in 2009 (after saying for ages that inverting rides don´t fit into a family oriented park) and other rides like Fluch von Novgorod at Hansa Park followed. I see Wildfire as a similar thing, but on a larger (Europe-Wide) scale

Oh wow, I didn't realize that the Grona/ Skara guys were behind this park as well. That explains this and so much. You put a company like RMC together these very enthusiastic owners and you're bound to get some amazing attractions that no one would imagine for a given location. From taking a chance on Tranan to building Twister throughout what looks like a tangled mess of structures, these guys are Sweden's Imagineers.

It took a little bit for this to sink in. I was in the group of people who thought that this announcement was going to be something totally new to the industry; but after getting over that so-called stipulation, it's so obvious now how amazing this ride looks! Not only does this ride look gorgeous in its setting, but this is the real deal for RMC! They're done making prototypes, it's now time for them to really show the world what they can accomplish; and now that I think about it, this exactly the type of attraction I've been waiting to see from them. My only complaint is that it's an entire ocean away from me, but hey, that's my problem. Kolmården has a winner here! Big time!

As RMC starts building these longer and longer intense layouts in the woods, it appears "The Beast" of the 21st century is eminent. The layout of this coaster grows on you the more you read into it. There isn't one dull section that looks to be without either airtime, extreme positive g's, or extreme lateral g's. Maybe I'll have the funding and the schedule for a tour...

Now I will start to live a life in an extremely tight budget! It's impossible for me to choose between Europe+Scandi and China tour so I guess I'll do both of them. No more eating out, no more unnecessary shopping, no more electronics update! Study hard for scholarship and work hard for extra money. Who's with me?

Edited by gerstlaueringvar

All I have to say is WTH?! They were already building the thing and NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS BEING BUILT TO SPOIL AHEAD OF TIME?! The lifthill is CLEARLY constructed, as are other portions of the track....I.just.don't.get.it...

No, you didn't quite get it. They are building the kiddie coaster now. Or did you mistake the video of them touring Outlaw Run as Wildfire???

Where is the video of people touring Outlaw Run?! I know everything about that ride---this is new.....

All of the footage of an actual coaster (from the video on page 1) is Outlaw Run.

Looks pretty sweet! Now they just need to build one this big and awesome in Americaaaaaaa........ preferably in Pennsylvaniaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........

Or maybe you just need to traaaaaaaaaaaavel!

I have no moneeeeeeeyyyyy

2 years is a long time. Save up some money people. Ain't hard.

Saving 200 a month should be able to get you there by the time 2016 rolls around.

I'm excited. Now I have a reason to go to a place like this. I would have never dreamed of going there before (didn't someone recently post a TR of this place?... I think so.) and now I want to because this coaster looks awesome.

I wish Lagoon would get a RMC coaster.

So, I'm still shocked this is being built at a ZOO.

Me neither, just a normal family style wooden coaster would be enough for them. But no, they just end up with the most awesome woodie I've ever seen. Never would have imangined myself to travel to a ZOO for just one coaster, but hey if I can see animals and have a awesome ride I'm in for that.

By the way have now seen some pictures (was to much into the stunning video's). Man love terrain coasters, this is just one reason why.

I have no moneeeeeeeyyyyy

Then you picked the wrong hobby buddy! No I know it's hard and expensive but you just have to save every extra penny you can and you'd be surprised how much you can come up with!

Everybody on this forum is at a different point in their life. As it happens, I graduated from college last year with a degree in music, of all things. This may be news to some people but the economy ain't so great and the cost of living is pretty high in the city. In fact, I have yet to even move out of my parents' because as luck would have it, they were both music majors as well and most of the money I've been making at my dead-end factory job has been going to help support them until my mother finishes her teaching certification and can find a job of her own. The money I've scrimped and saved this winter (that isn't going towards a down-payment on an apartment) is just enough to cover a four-hour trip to King's Dominion this coming weekend. And after I move out of my folks'? Between perpetually entry-level work, college loan payments, and any extra money going towards my music career, do you think I'm going to be able to afford a fabulous trip to Scandinavia any time soon? Without racking up a mountain of credit card debt, which I would never do? Maybe some day, but not any time in the foreseeable future.

This is the life I've chosen and I'm not complaining, and I know you didn't ask for my life's story, but this is all to say that it's definitely a little presumptuous to imply that everybody would be able to do these trips if only they were a little more frugal and cared about coasters more. I'm sure many others on this forum are in similar situations.

And besides, even if I could go, I don't think it's unreasonable to wish that one were built closer so you could ride it multiple times a year rather than once or twice in a lifetime.