TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

^^ TRUTH. I'd absolutely NEVER heard of this place before seeing the Wildfire thread pop up here. And now? I'd probably sell a kidney if it could let me afford a trip over there to ride this thing!! Wildfire looks beyond f-ing NUTS!! These guys at RMC are freaking crazy, and in a gloriously great way! When I first saw the announcement details this morning, all that came to mind was WOW. Just.....WOW!!! (And perhaps a random shocked explative or two! ) The layout looks just plain sick, and the setting is gorgeous. Congrats, Kolmarden, on exploding into the coaster scene like Kool-Aid Man through a brick wall!

And as a side note, in my opinion, anyone who says they are disappointed, underwhelmed, or whatever else is out of their ever loving mind. Seriously, I'd love to know what kind of stuff these people are smoking. How can you not see the overwhelming potential this coaster has to be a show stopper???

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this looks to be an awesome coaster. But I think Robb (whom I think is awesome) hyped it up a little too much. I mean, he kept saying he "couldn't believe this was actually happening" and they would "drop everything to make the trip". That to me just sounded like something more exciting than another amazing wooden coaster with inversions. Maybe he was working for Kolmarden and trying to "build anticipation". Trust me, I'm not disappointed by the ride at all. I already suspected the hype might be overblown.

I won't give it the title of BEST wood coaster just yet since there is still some great competition out there, but it will definitely get me on a plane to Stockholm as soon as it's opened. Looks like everything I loved about Outlaw Run and my only criticism of it being not long enough being taken care of, throwing in more turns and twists, hills, and ride time. Really looking forward to this beast in 2016, visiting a park I didn't even know existed a few weeks ago, and getting back to Scandi for a mini-trip to a few other top coasters.

I don't think it's a drop anything to go ride it type of ride. But that's just IMO. I'm not complaining either, this is an amazing looking coaster with many twists and turns! I can't really judge beings I've never rode an RMC coaster.

Edited by Diamondbacker27

All I can say is Wow!!! It looks amazing! I still can't believe that a park most of us have never heard of before is building a coaster of this magnitude. Just because a coaster doesn't have any world records, doesn't mean that it'll not be good, PLUS this is RMC we're talking about. I would certainly go there and ride it!

My favorite part of this announcement is that we have a ride manufacturer and a park openly billing their new creation as "The Best Coaster In the World!" and we aren't openly mocking them as a group. That's fantastic.

C'mon people, an airtime filled beast with inversions, a super sick first drop, AND IT'S A TERRAIN WOODIE. Definitely worth the wait. Which we will be doing a lot more of...

Well, this looks to be an awesome coaster. But I think Robb (whom I think is awesome) hyped it up a little too much. I mean, he kept saying he "couldn't believe this was actually happening" and they would "drop everything to make the trip". That to me just sounded like something more exciting than another amazing wooden coaster with inversions. Maybe he was working for Kolmarden and trying to "build anticipation". Trust me, I'm not disappointed by the ride at all. I already suspected the hype might be overblown.

If you're not disappointed by the ride at all, why did you even bother posting this? Seriously, it's just obnoxious.

Sorry if I'm psyched about a park building what could be the #1 wooden roller coaster in the world and it's not my fault you don't GET why that's amazing.

What's interesting about this is that I don't feel I over-hyped it at all. It was EVERYONE ELSE who was saying "OMFG 500 FOOT LAUNCHED WOODEN INVERTED AQUATRAX BREATHING FIRE GETTING A BLOWJOB COASTER!!!!"

In fact, I kept telling people things like "Don't expect gimmicks" "I don't get excited about tallest, fastest, etc, type of rides" "don't over-think this", and no one seemed to listen. So don't come down on ME when I think I gave the ride the perfect amount of hype it deserved.

--Robb "Tell me, Mr. Promotions expert, how much hype would have been acceptable to you?" Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Holy moly, this ride uses an element similar to one I designed over a year ago.

Now I know why this ride wiil be awesome!

Back then I posted that pic on their Facebook and they put a LIKE..!

Edited by KingRCT3

WOW! This is just amazing. I am so glad to see that RMC will be taking Europe by storm with this. Kolmarden is definitely putting itself on the map by building a good, solid ride without gimmicks that will force its way to the top if the polls.

Sweden, land of whiners. On Kolmårdens facebook people are screaming that this wont be good, Kolmården is a zoo, not an amusement park! I think it is because we have no history with combined destination on this scale. It's like back in the days when Kolmården was founded. It was the first zoo were the animals weren't in cages and could actually roam free. People thought it was insane.

I think this will be great, it will bring more visitors to the zoo

Sweden, land of whiners. On Kolmårdens facebook people are screaming that this wont be good, Kolmården is a zoo, not an amusement park! I think it is because we have no history with combined destination on this scale. It's like back in the days when Kolmården was founded. It was the first zoo were the animals weren't in cages and could actually roam free. People thought it was insane.

Empty cans rattles the most. I ensure you there is alot of swedes super excited about wildfire (including me). I havent been to kolmården even though I've been living in Stockholm for 23 years and now I cant wait to get there. It will definetly bring more visitors to the park!

This looks so amazing! Congrats to our beloved neighbours in Sweden, och grattis med berg och dalbanarne! I thought we had the advantage here in Denmark with Piraten, Juvelen and Orkanen, but it seems like Sweden once again has got the upper hand with Helix and now Wildfire! Can't wait to ride Helix in May, and I can't wait for this coaster in 2016!

Wow! I only wish it would be on Scandi 2014 BUT gives me a reason to go back The racing/speeding low to the ground looks amazing. The video I'm sure doesn't even compare to how it actually will be riding it!

Edited by deguy123

All I have to say is WTH?! They were already building the thing and NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS BEING BUILT TO SPOIL AHEAD OF TIME?! The lifthill is CLEARLY constructed, as are other portions of the track....I.just.don't.get.it...

No, you didn't quite get it. They are building the kiddie coaster now. Or did you mistake the video of them touring Outlaw Run as Wildfire???

Where is the video of people touring Outlaw Run?! I know everything about that ride---this is new.....

I saw a video on Page 1 where they were discussing the construction of this ride. Could that be what the OP is talking about?

All I have to say is WTH?! They were already building the thing and NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS BEING BUILT TO SPOIL AHEAD OF TIME?! The lifthill is CLEARLY constructed, as are other portions of the track....I.just.don't.get.it...

Also, if they've already started, why is it going to take a full two years to get it ready for opening? I know it's groundbreaking and all that, but the few announcements I've been party to all took place just before they needed to get the coaster vertical...I'm just surprised no one on this forum----besides Rob---had the goods on this coaster weeks ago.....

Oh well, it looks dope. So while I'll probs never get to ride it, I'm pretty stoked they get such a modern marvel of a coaster!

The main reason it will take so long is putting the foundations into almost the same type rock and elevation the they had to do with Helix

I looked at their website, holy hell people are complaining! I don't think they are realising what they are getting, this is by far going to be the best rollercoaster in Scandinavia. I'm starting to get very jealous of our Swedish neighbours, not only both Gröna Lund and Liseberg better than Tusenfryd, but with world-class rides like Helix and Wildfire you guys are really stepping it up. Hopefully it will spark some more competition here in Norway as well.... Fortunately Sweden is not that far away!