TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all of you that wanted some stupid prototype inverted aqua woodie!?!?! Haven't we learned over the years that maybe those gimmicks, are just that, a terrible gimmick? This is a solid amazing ride that will be way better than some launched wooden aquatrax! Or some coaster trying to be something other than a coaster. Seriously, this 'hobby' is filled with terrible entitled people.

Guess what, I'll be there very excited to go ride in 2016 and I'm sure a ton of you decent people in the hobby will be there with me.

*And actually, I'm sure all of you crapping on this ride will also be there because secretly you're totally excited, but on an internet messageboard you just want to try and cause drama!

I'm quoting this for TRUTH!

I wouldn't put too much thought into people who just joined the site to say how much the ride sucks, they're obviously just trolling.

This is game changing for several reasons.

1. It puts RMC in Europe which is a huge deal.

2. The ride will produce some of the strongest airtime ever attempted.

3. This is a proper length for a strong wooden coaster.

4. This completely changes this park and the group that owns the park.

5. This will most likely be a brand new top three coaster in the whole world.

Is it 2016 yet??

This looks like an awesome ride.

Can't wait to check it out

This looks amazing! It's like a mix between Outlaw Run and Goliath but even more features. It looks like a top 3 wooden coaster to me! I doubt I'll have a chance to get to Europe any time soon. Maybe 40 years down the road when I'm nearing 60. That's okay though, the topper track should still be in good shape at that time. Seriously, it looks great though and I'm glad our European friends are getting an RMC to enjoy.

This ride looks absolutely amazing. It has the best of Goliath and Outlaw run in one ride! Plus, it's Europe'a first RMC.

While I was hoping for an underground section, or fire effects (maybe the latter will be in the "better" POV), but other than that, this looks awesome... Like someone's NL dreamcoaster come to life.

My personal guess before the announcement was RMC's first full steel coaster.

Just saw on TPR home page the tweet from No Limits about the POV, I know parks don't normally do it but i'd love it if they released that track pack. Pretty please if they read this

Just saw on TPR home page the tweet from No Limits about the POV, I know parks don't normally do it but i'd love it if they released that track pack. Pretty please if they read this

It might sound dumb, but what is a track pack?

A discussion for the games forum!

OMFG! Are you SERIOUS! Okay

First anyone who hasn't ridden a RMC Ride stop complaining! You have NO IDEA how good this is going to be!

My only complaint is. . . WAIT THERE IS NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

Well I do wish 2016 wasn't so far away but I can't really bend space and time so I guess I'll deal.

This is beautiful! This ride looks AMAZING!

I love the idea of this being a mainland Europe trip with a Scandi add on! PERFECTION!

I will send in my deposit right now! I'm serious give me the word!

There's no question that this is deserving of hype, but after a brief glance at Rocky Mountain's body of work New Giant-Present, I'm getting to the point where I'd be surprised if some other park didn't come along while Wildfire is still in the process of being birthed to announce an even newer and more illegal-looking RMC (or an existing ride gets Rocky Mountain'd) à la Goliath/Mexican Medusa & now this.

Which, of course, is a very nice problem to have.

Never would have imagine I would be sure of a park like Kolmarden 2 years upfront. I always said I would go to the first Rocky Mountain here in Europe, so 2016 I'm not going to mis Wildfire. Amazing looking ride. Just Wow.

I'm not disappointed at all in Wildfire. RMC got their wish to build a bigger, longer coaster and they surely went all out on this. Congrats to them and Vekoma, who helped bring this ride to Europe. It has me more excited to try Goliath this summer to see what the RMC hype is all about.

Congrats to Kolmarden. For a park that we knew very little about you surely are making a statement with this ride.

Robb, I don't know how you were able to keep this a secret but major props to to you for the teasers leading up to the announcement.

Side note: THIS is what Son of Beast SHOULD have been.

Congrats to Kolmarden. For a park that we knew very little about you surely are making a statement with this ride.

And this is EXACTLY why it's a game changer. A park that most of our members have never heard of, hell, we didn't even have an entry in the Park Index for it when this was announced, to drop a ride of this caliber into and all of a sudden we are planning an international trip around... that's HUGE!!!

Tell me how often that happens? When was the last time a park, that's been around for as long as the 60s, that you've never heard of, all of a sudden stands out as a MUST VISIT location, with a ride that could be #1 in the world?