TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is AWESOME! Seems like a Outlaw Run with NTaG amount of airtime!

But I don't quite get why people are disappointed by this. Does a great coaster really needs to have new elements and ridiculous amount of theme? Yes it doesn't have a long underground section, it doesn't have a splash, it doesn't have a dark ride section, it doesn't have new elements, it is not the steepest, it doesn't have more inversions than Outlaw Run, even it's name is the same as a coaster right next to an RMC. But all of them don't change that Wildfire could be the world's best wooden coaster and thousands of visitors will visit this park for another game changer in Sweden just like how Helix will be like this summer.

2016 will be a fantastic year for two TPR tours! Europe+Scandi and China!

Well that POV was kinda cray. Non-stop action.

This is the longest RMC so far announced and it features some of those wacky elements used on previous different RMC coasters but this time all in one. Looks like a best of RMC elements design to me

I will tell you that this is the kind of project that we would "drop any plans we had and make a trip for." No question.

As if there weren't already many good reasons for hitting Scandinavia again--looks great!

^Funny you mention that...we were actually talking about 2016 being a Mainland Europe Trip with a Scandi Add On!

Hmm . . .

Edited by cfc

Anyone who is disappointed was probably expecting a world's first coaster or is just a negative nancy that hates everything in life. However, if this coaster were installed in America, would you be as disappointed? Yes, this coaster is a mixture of Outlaw Run and Goliath (as well as the other RMCs) but it LONG for RMC and that's what I would be most excited for. Plus, Sweden provides great terrain to work with. So, as a result, you get a wonderful layout as displayed above.

As a frugal college student, I can sadly only experience this coaster from its Youtube POV. However, I'm sure the people on that trip will certainly have fun!

I don't understand all of you that wanted some stupid prototype inverted aqua woodie!?!?! Haven't we learned over the years that maybe those gimmicks, are just that, a terrible gimmick? This is a solid amazing ride that will be way better than some launched wooden aquatrax! Or some coaster trying to be something other than a coaster. Seriously, this 'hobby' is filled with terrible entitled people.

Guess what, I'll be there very excited to go ride in 2016 and I'm sure a ton of you decent people in the hobby will be there with me.

*And actually, I'm sure all of you crapping on this ride will also be there because secretly you're totally excited, but on an internet messageboard you just want to try and cause drama!

^Funny you mention that...we were actually talking about 2016 being a Mainland Europe Trip with a Scandi Add On!

Should I just start sending you a portion of my paycheck indefinitely . There are so many awesome rides out there and i personally want to ride them all

I wonder if RMC will build a shop/warehouse nearby. They might as well so they don't have to ship everything. Perhaps that's where the deal with Vekoma comes into play. I didn't know they had the video with Fred after the teaser. Everyone should watch that to get an idea of what the terrain will be. The ride is just as amazing as a few hrs ago when I was half asleep. So it wasn't just a dream. I still can't believe a ZOO is building this.

This looks awesome! I am glad its a wooden coaster from RMC that doesn't feel short. It seems like the perfect length! So at 57 m does this mean this is going to be the world's tallest wooden coaster? Goliath will still be the steepest drop on a wooden coaster, correct?

I'm just so god damn excited! We here in Sweden have become so spoilt in recent years! I still can't believe this thing is real. And to think this is only the start of Kolmården's amusement attractions, I can't wait to see what it looks like in 20 years with all the attractions and animals combined

I love the direction Parks and Resort have been taking with their parks the last 10 years, becoming more involved in the new rides that are on the market, and more corporation with North American producers.

In this pace, I would not be surprised if we even see something amazing at Skara in the coming years. Megalite anyone?

Wow! I'm kind of at a loss for words. The team at RMC dreams big, and builds even bigger. Robb is absolutely right, this is a game changer. It combines the best elements from the best coasters: Boulder Dash's terrain, Outlaw Run's drops, El Toro's air time. I think I need to plan a trip to Sweden in 2016.

I love everything in the concept so far. Seriously, Sweden...Balder, Helix and NOW WildFire?!?!

It's just amazing to think what all Rocky Mountain Coasters will accomplish by the time they are done!

Edited by ernierocker

All I have to say is WTH?! They were already building the thing and NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS BEING BUILT TO SPOIL AHEAD OF TIME?! The lifthill is CLEARLY constructed, as are other portions of the track....I.just.don't.get.it...

Also, if they've already started, why is it going to take a full two years to get it ready for opening? I know it's groundbreaking and all that, but the few announcements I've been party to all took place just before they needed to get the coaster vertical...I'm just surprised no one on this forum----besides Rob---had the goods on this coaster weeks ago.....

Oh well, it looks dope. So while I'll probs never get to ride it, I'm pretty stoked they get such a modern marvel of a coaster!

Looks fun throughout - especially that first inversion. Nice to hear RMC will be widely known in Europe now!

This makes Outlaw Run look like a kids coaster. There won't be enough spaces in my top ten for these!

Edited by glouthan

Sorry guys, but based on the layout, I don't think that this will be the best roller coaster in the world. I would much rather ride T-Express, Balder or even Outlaw Run based on looks alone.

Don't get me wrong though - it looks really good, it's awesome that Rocky Mountain Construction is building their first coaster in Europe, and it will be wonderful for Kolmarden but I can absolutely think of more coasters that I'd like to ride over this.

All I have to say is WTH?! They were already building the thing and NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS BEING BUILT TO SPOIL AHEAD OF TIME?! The lifthill is CLEARLY constructed, as are other portions of the track....I.just.don't.get.it...

No, you didn't quite get it. They are building the kiddie coaster now. Or did you mistake the video of them touring Outlaw Run as Wildfire???

Edited by ernierocker

I guess i was expecting lots of fire with a huge theme and show building. Im still excited, but my thoughts were a bit off so that leaves me kinda disapointed. Im very happy for another wooden coaster and im sure that it will top the wooden coaster lists though. Oh well, i guess ill have to wait alittle longer for a launching wooden coaster and an indoor woodie as well.