TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

Don't you think it will be the first interactive drop tower ?

You sit down a classic drop tower (level 0) with enough space between the seats or group of seats.

You have to answer questions about animals, nature, whatever.

If there's too many bad wrong answers, floor opens and you drop into rings of fire ! Haha

The last team has the chance to be launched in the air.

++

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Something that some people will complain and whine about.

You know, for the first time in forever, I think this might be a project that people won't complain about. Ok, realistically, some people will because that's just their nature, but the more I look at it, the more I keep thinking it looks "perfect" and can't think of anything to complain about at all!

I honestly have no idea what to expect and each one of Robb's posts makes this announcement more exciting.

By the way, nice Frozen references above^

I've only seen the movie twice so I can't think of any witty quotes from it to relate to this off the top of my head.

I would really love for Kolmården to turn out to the Swedish version of Epcot!

I'm expecting a coaster here though, it fit's so well with what have been said here and in First Drop Magazine, as well as the ride's budget. I haven't speculated anything in this thread, so I don't think I should start now.

Funny how busy I have been in school, I haven't really noticed these last weeks, it feels like I learned about this project just three days ago. One things for sure, I will have my computer with me at tomorrows lecture 10 o'clock!

I'm suddenly not sure why I haven't given much thought to the tilt coaster idea. It seems like something Robb might consider more game-changing than gimmicky. Well, at least as long as it's more "Vekoma Tilt Coaster" (without the Vekoma part) and less "Th13teen drop...that tilts."

What time will the announcement be tomorrow?
Just got off the phone with the park! GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!! I can confirm to you that

WILDFIRE IS GOING TO BE...

officially announced via live stream tomorrow morning at 10am Stockholm time. (4am EDT, 1am PDT) here:

http://wildfire.kolmarden.com/

I'll be watching...will you?

Is rcdb off the mark with it being a wooden coaster with an "extreme" tag?

I'll hope for the tallest, steepest wood coaster which will also be the longest coaster overall and have the most inversions steel or wood LOL...and most boobs in the theming.

Seriously, if Robb is super-impressed, that's a pretty good barometer for awesomeness.

I spoke with the park when that was posted and they don't where RCDB is getting their information from because everyone that knows about the project is under NDA including myself. So RCDB is just taking a wild guess. We'll find out in a few hours, won't we?

My sister and I will be watching, for sure.

Thank you Robb for letting us know that there will be a live stream. I wasn't sure if I was going to wake up for it or not, thinking that they would just upload a YouTube video or two. Now, knowing they'll stream it, I'm getting up for sure.

However, I have a fairly important question. Will the stream be in English?

I spoke with the park when that was posted and they don't where RCDB is getting their information from because everyone that knows about the project is under NDA including myself. So RCDB is just taking a wild guess. We'll find out in a few hours, won't we?

We sure will, the announcement should be just before I leave work.

I was actually surprised RCDB had it up because they're generally very conservative and don't usually put something up until details are absolutely confirmed.

RCDB is known for never ever guessing...

To be fair, RCDB is wrong more often than you'd think. Just on our recent Japan trip there was loads of stuff there were things he had down as operational that weren't or rides that had updated theming, or rides that weren't listed, etc.

I realize it's not his fault as it takes a LOT to operate a database of that size, especially when most of his content is user submitted, I'm just saying that RCDB is actually NOT the end-all, be-all of roller coaster information.

I'm not going to say if his entry is right or wrong, because I'm under NDA and I'm going to stick to my promises with the park.

If it's a coaster that rob says people won't complain about, it seems to reason that it won't be short at all, as that's the #1 complaint about most announced rides.

This is a funny one to me. I've always felt that if someone's major complaint about a ride is that it's "too short" then it means that it's probably a good ride. Any ride (or video game, or movie, etc) that leaves you wanting MORE, is not always a bad thing. No one ever seems to complain when a ride is "bad" and "short", just when it's short. Because when a ride is bad, it doesn't matter what the length of it is.

Take Batman: The Ride for example, yes, one of the drawbacks is that it's short. But WOW, it packs a LOT into it's track length. I've been on much longer inverted coasters that seem to wow me a lot less.

So once this project is announced, and if people's complaint is that it's "too short", them I'm not sure that's always a bad thing.

Edited by robbalvey