TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

Yeah I don't see them build anything too tall at this park. Kolmården is a zoo which mainly targets families with children. So I don't think it'll have any drop above 150ft or any inversions. It could be something lengthy with a launch somewhere along the track and featuring some novelty of some kind, no idea what that could be though.

I thought so too, but maybe we are wrong. Maybe they are stepping up one level to attract a wider target group.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking, maybe it's got to do with some kind of "mountain coaster"-like set up.

Which can provide long stretches, big corners, into tunnels (of fire?) and so on. All around

the park itself, and including a tall mountainous start to it all.

Another idee from mee!

I'm convinced this is a working version of Action Park's famed looping water slide. It was said riders' backs burned like a wildfire after exiting it.

image.jpg.778b752c95d280b70dd07dee28d48f12.jpg

But in all seriousness, I'm excited for whatever this turns out to be. I love seeing little-known parks like this spring into the limelight with major additions.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^I have read on WeirdNJ that the park offered 100$ to any employee who was brave enough to try it. One employee DID try it and he said "100$ doesn't buy enough alcohol to forget this slide". So yay I guess it was pretty terrifying and strong

I wonder if Robb knew he was just creating another random ideas-that-will-probably-never-happen-anywhere-that-I-just-thought-of-five-seconds-ago-and-decided-to-post thread. Not that I'm against such threads, just that, you know, we've already got one or two.

I wonder if Robb knew he was just creating another random ideas-that-will-probably-never-happen-anywhere-that-I-just-thought-of-five-seconds-ago-and-decided-to-post thread. Not that I'm against such threads, just that, you know, we've already got one or two.

Maybe Intamin just wanted some new concepts for rides? For which we are more than happy to brainstorm for.

I'm confused? Are you saying that Robb is making all of this up for post count? Cause the park seems to think they are getting a new ride as well, seeing how they created a teaser video and the concept photo.

I'm hoping for something like that dynamic attractions video that was sadly deleted a few months ago. The one with the free-fall drop, launch and the pivoting track with the screen and finally the sideways sloping track at the end. Maybe themed around escaping a burning forest and tumbling over cliffs and sliding down hills etc.

Maybe Intamin just wanted some new concepts for rides? For which we are more than happy to brainstorm for.

Oh yeah, I love brainstorming ideas. The one I'd love to see in real life is my

. Seeing how much Robb and co loved Gravity Max, this sure would be a hit!

Gerstlauer, your move.

I'm confused? Are you saying that Robb is making all of this up for post count? Cause the park seems to think they are getting a new ride as well, seeing how they created a teaser video and the concept photo.

The way I read it, he's just joking - not saying that Robb made this a huge greatest-farfetched-ideas-ever thread (like the one we already have) himself, but that it's turned in to that because people are running wild with ideas just because he said it was a game-changer.

Was talking with someone that haven't signed any NDA and who was happy share bits about Wildfire

Too bad that they are going to release this now just to compete with Helix, it may end up to be a case of too much too soon.

But it sounds terrific though

Edited by Loefet

I was just pointing out what the thread turned into, and was wondering, jokingly, if Robb was aware ahead of time that's what would happen. After all, not like there's much to really talk about at this point. "Holy cow big news, but its a secret!" "Oh wow it must be a racing giga!" Not implying that was actually his motivation for making the thread.

I would never accuse Rob of doing things to artificially inflate TPR's numbers. Who could even concieve of such a thing?

Dont know if anyone has said this all ready but what about a wooden coaster with a vertical slash more than vertical drop and maybe inversions that have only previously been seen on a steel coaster?

My other thought is a tall drop into a completely underground coaster!