TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I thought that Robb might be trying to trick us, and that it would end up being a kiddie coaster, but the video looks intense, and there's no way that a park would announce a kiddie coaster two years in advance. I'm guessing it's either a record breaking drop tower, or a coaster with a 90 degree drop, and fire will be involved in some way.

I have to agree that this could very well be an S&S 4D FreeSpin. Robb said he enjoyed the prototype, and it could easily be themed to a sawmill. I'm hoping it is something even better, but I think a 4D FreeSpin would be pretty awesome.

I remember hearing on amusement park podcast that the 4D free spin wasn't just made by S&S,, it was partially designed by RMC, and uses their track.

So... What if this is an RMC/S&S 4D free spin that breaks the 200ft barrier, dropping into a tunnel of fire, coming back up into some Goliath (SFGAm)-esque elements. After hitting an MCBR, the ride drops underground, and launches into another tunnel of fire, coming back above ground into a terrain section, ending the ride with an outlaw run-esque barrel roll section, but 3 in a row, not 2, just cause it's RMC & they're crazy.

I'm serious about this.

The fact that Robb said that this will not only put the park on the map but also make it a "must go park" kind of makes me rule out a drop tower as, in my opinion, no matter how tall one can be (unless it is like one mile high) it'll never be something that would make a park so attractive just for having it. (but I suppose it could be one with some truly game changing feature which I can't really think of, so...)

I had this crazy idea one day a long time ago about a scrambler with suspended cars that lifts up like an enterprise. Wouldn't that be fun?

This has essentially already been done. SBF Visa made this and dubbed it the "Tekno Fly," though unfortunately not too many fairs or parks have ordered it as it looks pretty impressive.

I also found a POV of one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_9usokkBUU

I could have sworn that I saw in an Amusement Today magazine that Godiståget is to be a clone of Schwaben Park's Zierer Force One (which actually looks really good as far as family coasters go) but after thumbing through the latest four issues, I couldn't find it.

But as for Wildfire, I have not the slightest idea. There is a near infinite amount of things that can be done with an amusement ride, and it needn't necessarily be a roller coaster either. Heck, it could be some sort of hybrid ride (like coaster/dark ride, etc.) for all we know. The only thing that I can say with confidence about this ride is that no one will come even close to being correct, and that Robb, Elissa, Mattias and Johan are probably laughing their heads off at how haphazard everyone's guess is.

I could have sworn that I saw in an Amusement Today magazine that Godiståget is to be a clone of Schwaben Park's Zierer Force One (which actually looks really good as far as family coasters go) but after thumbing through the latest four issues, I couldn't find it.

That's really interesting, especially since they already have a roller skater in the park, two rides that are very similar in my opinion.

I just posted some images from the place here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67510

My guess is Godiståget (Candytrain) will be more similar to Rabalder at Liseberg, because it will be part of the new "Bamse" themed area which is for the youngest.

EDIT: Both Rabalder and Godiståget are built by Zierer and are "train rides" so I guess my predictions are true

My guess is Godiståget (Candytrain) will be more similar to Rabalder at Liseberg, because it will be part of the new "Bamse" themed area which is for the youngest.

EDIT: Both Rabalder and Godiståget are built by Zierer and are "train rides" so I guess my predictions are true

I would expect it to be smaller than Rabalder actually, to fit the smallest.

Maybe a Force 190, or maybe even the smaller Force Zero.

At first, I thought that Robb might be trying to trick us, and that it would end up being a kiddie coaster, but the video looks intense, and there's no way that a park would announce a kiddie coaster two years in advance. I'm guessing it's either a record breaking drop tower, or a coaster with a 90 degree drop, and fire will be involved in some way.

Robb wouldn't be this giddy giddy & full of OMFGODNESS for a drop tower......meh

^ Good find!

But I do agree with Hyyyper, don't expect on any too extreme attraction, it's a family park, so it still have to cater for a large part of the family.

Very true, but I always go back and think about Bush Gardens Tampa when it was a quite family park with a couple of mild coasters and water rides.....then came KUMBA!!

^ It might be that, but there also has to be something else worthy of a wow factor (Robb stated he doesn't get THAT excited over superlatives - height, speed, etc.)

Anyways, I am dying to know what this is, I cannot wait for April 8th.

^ It might be that, but there also has to be something else worthy of a wow factor (Robb stated he doesn't get THAT excited over superlatives - height, speed, etc.)

Exactly. Robb has made it clear that it will not be record-breaker as far as height, speed, loops goes. It will be a "game-changer". Think along the line of rides like Kumba at BGT and Batman the Ride at SFGAm. These rides didn't break height or speed records but they were major impacts on the evolution of the roller coaster industry.

Can't wait to find out what this ride will be.