TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that a lot of world's ...est coasters are great, but it is not normal that the part(s) which they break the record on is(are) actually the best part(s) of the ride.

As far as family ride goes, maybe a giant Mack Drop 'N' Splash?

If it is that, than Wildfire would be a terrible name.

On the other hand, RMC Suspended Woodie? Sounds crazy enough.

I can't think of anything that sounds out-of-the-box crazy enough, so for now I'm putting my money on a RMC woodie with a traditional lift and a midcourse launch (Maverick), lots of fire (Valhalla), indoor scenes (Blue Fire) and maybe some tunnels (Tremors). Or maybe a next-gen Free Fly.

In the meantime, I'm very impressed by the teaser and can't wait to see what's coming.

Is there any reason most people think it's a wooden coaster? Sure I'd love to see RMC, or any smooth wooden coaster for that matter, go crazy all over that terrain, but I'm not buying it. Although, maybe I'm wrong for assuming it's a coaster.

Judging by the video and Robb's excitement, I'm guessing it's a hyper or a giga coaster with a large first drop while most of the ride is a terrain coaster to follow, similar to much of I-305. I'm also going to guess it's being built by Mack in light of the recent "Green Fire" plans for Liseberg before they changed their minds to go with to Helix. Otherwise I'd guess Intamin is building this one.

Has anyone thought this may be an elaborate April Fools joke? We are getting dangerously close to 4/1...

The reveal should be on the 8th of April, according to the countdown on the park's website. It would be really lame to pull a prank one whole week after April Fool's.

I have to agree that this could very well be an S&S 4D FreeSpin. Robb said he enjoyed the prototype, and it could easily be themed to a sawmill. I'm hoping it is something even better, but I think a 4D FreeSpin would be pretty awesome.

How often is it that something that tries to break records ends up being the world's best in a category?

Millennium Force.

Hey. I never said it DOESN'T happen, but how often DOES it happen?

That is true. Sitting here an think about the "record breakers" there are few that have been a must to ride after it has opened. Also not many record breakers have been a game changer.

I have to agree that this could very well be an S&S 4D FreeSpin. Robb said he enjoyed the prototype, and it could easily be themed to a sawmill. I'm hoping it is something even better, but I think a 4D FreeSpin would be pretty awesome.

What if we are thinking about this all wrong. Most keep looking at this as new coaster of an existing design, but what if it is a totally new design that we have not thought of?

However I will state that I would love to see a freespin. It would be pretty cool, but would that "put it on the map?"

-sorry for double post, still working around this app on my iPhone.

How about a rebirth of Eagle's Fortress, but with fire and floorless cars? That would make me very happy. Plus, it needs a lot of terrain, which the park has.

I had this crazy idea one day a long time ago about a scrambler with suspended cars that lifts up like an enterprise. Wouldn't that be fun?

Edited by LiMiT

Sarcasm doesn't read well on the interwebs

Why does this make me believe Robb could possibly be yanking our chains??

I remember the owner say it will change all parks, or something around that. Could it be that we aren't looking at a roller coaster, flat ride, or dark ride at all? In other words, a new ride category that doesn't fit any other category? Hard to think of what else could be done to still be considered a ride of sorts.

This makes me want to fall out of my bed dramatically & scream for Jesus. All I can speculate is that fire will be involved, lot and lots of fire....and a drop, a long drop..possibly underground. Seeing how insanely nutso Robb is over this, it HAS to be something off the charts. 2 weeks and 4 days guys...........................the smoke will clear.