TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

There is a log in the logo. Dare I guess that it's an extreme log flume through a forest fire where there's so much fire that the water parts are needed to douse the fire and it has the steepest drop of any log flume.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park is a zoo that is only recently adding more themepark-ish stuff. I don't they will have to budget to break any of the big records. But I do believe they will present something unique. At the moment I'm guess toward either RMC doing something amazing, or something with a moving track portion (tilt coaster, drop segment, or similar).

And fire, please let there be fire.

There is a log in the logo. Dare I guess that it's an extreme log flume through a forest fire where there's so much fire that the water parts are needed to douse the fire and it has the steepest drop of any log flume.

The buzz-saw blade in the logo suggests a sawmill, which is a common theme for flume rides.

According to Parks and Resorts Scandinavia, the owner of Kolmården (P&S also owns Gröna Lund and Skara Sommarland) Wildfire will be a world’s first!

Regarding budget, Kolmården is very profitable and is today one of the bigger European wildlife parks. For 2015 they are investing 75 million SEK ( 11.7 million USD) in a new kids area themed to Bamse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamse

Considering all this, I think we are in for at treat!

The buzz-saw blade in the logo suggests a sawmill, which is a common theme for flume rides.

I would kind of go along with this idea. A well themed log ride.

Woha, I am really excited to know what this is for attraction! I like the wildlife park very much and is a bit sad this was not an investment in a new world unique animal exhibit, but anyways. I think this will be good too, a European Busch Gardens would be awesome.

I think this attraction will be wooden, very high with a great view over the sea and very steep with a tunnel of fire in the bottom!

According to Parks and Resorts Scandinavia, the owner of Kolmården (P&S also owns Gröna Lund and Skara Sommarland) Wildfire will be a world’s first!

Regarding budget, Kolmården is very profitable and is today one of the bigger European wildlife parks. For 2015 they are investing 75 million SEK ( 11.7 million USD) in a new kids area themed to Bamse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamse

Considering all this, I think we are in for at treat!

The owners of Grona and Skara? They have an awesome history of putting in unique and just plain awesome, smart coasters. Ex. Insane (The only insane Intamin ball coaster), Twister (one of a kind compact GG), Vilda Musen, Tranan (that fun looking S&S coaster). And they did have that Intamin stand up coaster back in the day. So they've got awesome connections with the companies we like to see. I would love to see an insane new S&S launch coaster. They've done some freaky, funky stuff over the years.

So I'm sure we'll see something that's ....well. Who knows, that's the fun of it. It's going to be what Robb said. Although since he's so eager to take money maybe they're paying him to be their 'hype man' for their ad campaign

Edited by PKI Jizzman

robbalvey... Can't you just rank how awesome this will be? Cooler than HELIX?

Speaking of which, it's pretty interesting that they have chosen this date to release this, I mean Helix was made full circuit today as well

The Swedish coaster wars from the late 80's, have rekindled

The owners of Grona and Skara? They have an awesome history of putting in unique and just plain awesome, smart coasters. Ex. Insane (The only insane Intamin ball coaster), Twister (one of a kind compact GG), Vilda Musen, Tranan (that fun looking S&S coaster). And they did have that Intamin stand up coaster back in the day. So they've got awesome connections with the companies we like to see. I would love to see an insane new S&S launch coaster. They've done some freaky, funky stuff over the years.

Well they are only responsible for the newer additions, the whole "Parks and Resorts Scandinavia" is not really more than 10 years old.

So the Intamin stand-up you are talking about is way before they arrived on the scene.

That one was one of the players in the coaster war in the late 80's, Lisebergbanan vs. Jet-line vs. Stand-up!!

Edited by Loefet