TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flamingo Land Discussion Thread

^Yes, "phone of wood" was irrestible to an old copyeditor like me.

Vekoma does have a good reputation when it comes to wooden coasters. (I really liked Thundercoaster at Tusenfryd.)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Tom on "why not wait", but regardless, if all Vekoma woodies are as insane when wet as Thundercoaster was, I'll be heading up to Yorkshire quite often when the weather's bad as of 2008!

I enjoyed Flamingoland a lot in 2006, but it sort of had that missing-something feeling, if that makes sense. Couple of fun coasters, mixed flats, but... Didn't feel like it was quite "complete" to me. Hopefully this will change that.

Were at Tusenfryd this Saturday and got some insane rides on Thundercoaster, too bad that the GCI re-tracking has removed some of the extreme airtime on the second hill.

But if these rumors are true, and that Flamingoland is able to create a great woodie like Thundercoaster then I would definitely go back there next year. The Vekoma woodies are rough but give a really kick ass ride.

They use their own trains which can be seen here:

"grrrr....I'm angry!!!!"

They are kind of like a cross between the GCI trains and the newer gerstlaur's that are on Falken.

I really liked them!

--Robb

i was tricked by the people who were at the park. i apologise for this. wont be believing anything until i see real proof anymore. lesson learnt.

I find it offensive and not a joke, next time ill just hang up and reject the photo's. Some people you think you can trust think its a joke. So im sorry for believing that of what i thought i trusted. Im deeply sorry for all this, but there is still a possibility it could happen but its not the point.

Im sorry for all of this and not in the best of moods of the situation and the fact i have never bullsh#ed about anything and there it goes.

^Yeah, it won't be happening. Shame though, I was looking forward to Shed: The Ride!

This is why we wait for cold hard evidence before jumping to conclusions.

I look forward to that fence though. You'll find me sitting on it.

We were told when we visited in 2006 that they would be getting a Vekoma woodie in 2008. Glad to see some of that rumor is finally surfacing.

--Robb

since 2005, I've been hearing they were looking into GCI, GG, and Vekoma for wooden coasters for 2008. I think they were leaning towards vekoma though do to thier past history with them.

It's to bad that's not wood for the coaster though. Maybe it will spring up sometime soon, though?

They use their own trains which can be seen here:

"grrrr....I'm angry!!!!"

They are kind of like a cross between the GCI trains and the newer gerstlaur's that are on Falken.

I really liked them!

--Robb

Ahh, those look much nicer! I bet that is much more comfortable

What I do find annoying on Vekoma woodies (atleast with Weerwolf) is that all the roughness of the ride automatically makes your restraint fasten more. Whenever I leave the restrains open for a few centimeters at the beginning to get some nice airtime , I end up being squeezed between the restraint and seat during the ride. And the restraints don't have padding. Ouch

• 1 month later...

Welcome to my trip report of Flamingoland 1st July. Splash Battle offically opened today. You have to hit the targets or you get WET. I missed it deliberatly one time as my mate in the back got drenched, don't worry i was fine waterproofed lol.

Splash Battle

In the morning before opening.

We walked over, subs on track, signs saying where entrance is.... i think its opening

Close up of sub.

Sub Again

Volcano

Splash Battle in the morning

It opened, yey

Getting wet.

Water jets.

People going into volcano

Transfer track

Station

First corner.

Another station shot.

And again.

Hit the triangle to stay dry ?

Or get wet.

Water sprays.

Oh god, there trying to get me.

Then the rain came ! Oh my god, it rained so much and the park got flooded as you will see.

Rainy Splash Battle

Rain in the area!

still raining after 30 mins

still raining...

Even worse now!

Oh god ...

still dark clouds

Drain leaking ?

Oh yea

Entrance totally flooded

You see ?

Its bad

The coach park is now a lake

I met loads of people had great day got on everything. Thanks for reading

Hmmm i think i will have to make my first trip to Flamingo Land it looks like a Vekoma haven.

Splash Battle looks cool and im sure on a hot day it will have quite a queue. Thanks for the pics i hope we see more of there poping up in the UK.

Oh also who makes the Splash Battle? Is it Mack?

Looks like a fun little ride. Could do with a bit more themeing, but no the less, it will be fun, especially on the hot sunny English days… wait a second, what hot sunny English days? Lol.

I have never been to this park and I am going to make it my mission to get to it asap. Looks quite good.

Thanks for the pictures!