TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Flamingo Land Discussion Thread

Woo. Free ERT on Kumali this saturday. And I even got a £5 discount on getting in. (Thanks Flamingoland!)

This ride looks really cool, and i've been ordered to quote "as smooth as a baby's bottom" on video

When it's all completed the ride should be ace! Just a shame the weather has been appauling in the UK since... October? I erally wish it would warm up! 10 degrees in April is a joke.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks fantastic (will look even better when the theming's completed). Hopefully I'll make the 4 hour trek up to Flamingoland later in the year. The park has already come along in leaps and bounds since my first visit in 2004. It's turning into a 'true' theme park and is no longer a glorified fun fair.

Do you think you could try to get a POV for me? If you can thanks!

• 3 months later...

Ok i know coasters do rust but it can be a serious issue ! The ride has been open about 4 months and rust is clearly acutally making a big impact on the track which if the rust goes through it could collapse ! I just never seen rust progress this bad so soon and what will happen through-out winter!

Theres also some on other parts which are worse.

The only problem I see with it is that it is unsightly at the moment. It looks like someone forgot to treat the welds after they were welding. Untreated metals can rust in a day. It takes a long time for corrosion to set in and that’s when you have a problem. That could take many years depending on the composition of the steel used.

Those are just welds. Usuially welding scortches the metal, and in this case the paint too. My question is why are they welding after the paint has already been applied? Maybe insufficiant welding at the factory? Its kinda odd...

Colin C

Um, yeah...those just look like pretty standard welds to me. It's also hard to tell in your pics because they look like low-res video grabs.

I mean, I actually stood RIGHT NEXT to those peices of track just a few weeks ago and nothing ever stood out to me as out of the ordinary.

You can see some of them here:

It really just looks like they had to go back and touch up some welds and didn't get a chance to paint over them.

I don't think it's anything at all to worry about. Looks very normal to me.

--Robb

^I'm pretty much the opposite of that statement!

I found Magnum Force to be rough, boring, and had very poor operations. Bullet on the other hand was so much fun, unique, and could have been moved anywhere else in the park!

I didn't really care for Magnum Force, especially with its stupid restraints. As sad as I was not having Bullet to ride this time, both Kumali AND Velocity were really a lot of fun, both better than Magnum Force, and more comfortable!

Yeah Joe, I rode Bullet and Magnum Force AND Kumali and Velocity!