TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Park Skyline?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cedar Point wins hands down. The difference between their skyline and let's say SFMM is that CP's skyline looks more thought out and way better aesthetically. SFMM looks like a bunch of rides plopped down with no thought whatsoever to me. Maybe that has to do with the perception of both parks. I'm not sure, but that's just how I see it.

thumb_img_3990_edited.jpg

Photo Cred goes to ElToroMillieniumForce

IOA IMO. Hulk's zero g roll is the best looking element on any coaster. I love how the train looks like it's traversing the zero g roll so slowly. DC looks really cool too so seeing those 3 rides + more is awesome!

Pic taken by Homer at Coaster-net.

8405954364_1624fe819f_b.jpg

Pic taken by Cory Disbrow.

Edited by I love pie

Cedar Point easily and I think sitting on Lake Erie adds to it. Although I think Carowinds is turning into a player!

I'd like to see a thread dedicated to skyline pics. There are some great ones out there that most of us don't know about.

Knoebels doesn't really have a skyline, but pulling in to the parking lot and seeing the top of Twister and Impulse poking up from behind the trees gets me excited every time.

I'm also quite fond of Dorney from across Hamilton Boulevard. I can't find a good picture and I have to work today so I can't run over and snap one myself, but if you've been to Dorney you know what I'm on about.

Edited by Physical

Knoebels doesn't really have a skyline, but pulling in to the parking lot and seeing the top of Twister and Impulse poking up from behind the trees gets me excited every time.

The fact that Knoebels has no skyline to speak of is part of what makes it awesome. I always thought it was amazing how well hidden it was.

The fact that Knoebels has no skyline to speak of is part of what makes it awesome. I always thought it was amazing how well hidden it was.

World's greatest diamond in the rough, if I say so myself.

And for skylines, vote goes to Hershey (barely though). I remember attending an event at the Giant Center right by the park. It was fun watching Skyrush and Fahrenheit going up, and then down. I was so scared then , but, the memories stuck with me.

How can you beat the sweetest place on earth?

Out of all the parks I've been to, I definitely agree with this. Hersheypark is awesome to look at, especially when SkyRush is in view. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is another park withe neat skyline, even though I haven't seen it since Tempesto has been added.

Cedar Point will forever have the best skyline of any park. Not only is there a really impressive lineup of coasters, and a nice varying of heights, but almost all of the coaster look just as amazing (if not more amazing) when lit up at night.

I'm also quite fond of Dorney from across Hamilton Boulevard. I can't find a good picture and I have to work today so I can't run over and snap one myself, but if you've been to Dorney you know what I'm on about.

Yes, Dorney Park's skyline is quite nice. I was able to get some photos of the park from across the street from the McDonald's parking lot during my first visit back in June.

Here's my photo of Dorney Park's skyline:

GEDC1492.thumb.JPG.312cdc021a0e36a784c2a360edc7fc20.JPG

Photo taken on June 25, 2015

^^

My vote also goes for CP.

Driving over the causeway and seeing such a variety/hot mess of coaster track rising to the sky is nothing short of amazing with Lake Erie surrounding it - something I will never tire of seeing. I also like SFMM and Great Adventure's skylines.

Although I kind of like the ones that are hidden too, because on your first trip, you're almost wondering where all the coasters and rides are as you approach the park...Dollywood and BGE come to mind. Both great parks with somewhat of a hidden coaster skyline until once you're in the park.

KD is another one that is hardly visible from I-95 until you get off the exit and approach the parking lot.