Roller Coaster Tycoon Mobile (RCTM) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a video of the game. It looks like to build a coaster you have to spend both types of currency, which is really annoying. Also, at 24:42 it shows a $124.99 microtransaction! Are you kidding me right now, why is that even an option?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Here is a video of the game. It looks like to build a coaster you have to spend both types of currency, which is really annoying. Also, at 24:42 it shows a $124.99 microtransaction! Are you kidding me right now, why is that even an option?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

That wooden coaster looks awesome!

One of RCT4's goals was to reach out to the General Public. I showed pictures of RCT4 (I don't want to buy it ) to a few people at my school today (all GP, of course ) and they even said it looked awful.

That video is just 27 minutes of pure torture. It made me both sad and sick to watch one of my absolute favourite series fall down and to the gutter. I literally cannot make a simple statement in favour of buying this piece of bull nor can I recommend it to anyone. Simply put, they removed everything that was Rollercoaster Tycoon and replaced it with some Zynga crap. All those pre-animations and non-customizables...

Oh look, I found a smiley representing this situation with Atari and RCT4

I am curious - has anyone actually PLAYED it yet?

Yes, I'd have to say that the game is good if you're not expecting a ton from it. It is certainly much better than the "other" theme park games on the App Store, but it had lots of bugs ( which are fairly common on release days).

Yes, I'd have to say that the game is good if you're not expecting a ton from it. It is certainly much better than the "other" theme park games on the App Store, but it had lots of bugs ( which are fairly common on release days).

Atari, you've kept us waiting for almost 10 years for a new version, you make a complete cash in app and call it "the new game in the series", and when it's released you don't even have the decency to test play it to fix bugs?! God, I hope the PC version is something else.

I am curious - has anyone actually PLAYED it yet?

I had some iTunes money in my account so I got it. You can play about 30 minutes before it gets to a point you need buy more tickets. I hate playing it because it has some of the same features of RCT but it's no RCT game. I give 1 out of 5 because designing the coaster is actually kind of fun. Even though the physics are totally off. I basically said the same thing on my iTunes review.

Also, at 24:42 it shows a $124.99 microtransaction! Are you kidding me right now, why is that even an option?

The worst part is that they also say that it's the "best value".

Come on, Atari, get your act together!